Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Gingerman Raceway Test and tune video!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gingerman Raceway Test and tune video!!

Hey guys,
little did I know that a somewhat local track in South Haven MI, Gingerman Raceway. Has 3hr test and tune sessions. Well i made a couple run videos of the track day. I ended up running in the 1:34's on a street tire. I was pretty happy with that for my first time there. Well here are a couple videos..... .....enjoy! ! ! ! !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TWCGG2Xr-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iybFb...eature=related

Click high quality, not the best image otherwise..... Thanks, laters.....
Old Aug 26, 2008, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Nice vids, brings back some memories. My first track day was at Gingerman, now a year later I have 5 events under my belt. The rest have been at Grattan in Belding, MI.. If you can venture a little farther from home, Grattan is only another hour from Gingerman, but the track is well worth it. Check out Grattanraceway.com (I think thats what it is) and see for yourself. My last event this year is there on October 25 and right now there is plenty of room AND its only $150 for the day. I wish I would have started tracking a long time ago, I am hooked.

Have fun!
Old Aug 26, 2008, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Was that sun up, or sun down - it's rough with it in your eyes.

Looks like that track is mostly 4th gear with some stuff in 3rd? Street tires = lots of work. Fun little goat ranch there to lap on
Old Aug 26, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gingerman is lots of fun, and safe too. I never drove Grattan at speed, but attended a NASA Midwest event, and it looks nice as well save for a nasty blind uphill right-hander right before the front straight that sent lots of cars right into a giant sand trap. Photogs got some great shots at Grattan though, because spots in the middle of the track got you views of the entire layout.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jid2@[BINARY]
Was that sun up, or sun down - it's rough with it in your eyes.

Looks like that track is mostly 4th gear with some stuff in 3rd? Street tires = lots of work. Fun little goat ranch there to lap on
Its probably the sun going down. The test and tunes are weekday afternoons from like 5:30pm to 8:30pm or something close to that and its only like $60 bucks.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Yea gingerman was a ton of fun! This is my second year doing track days/ time attacks and i had never made it up. I mainly go to blackhawk and autobahn north and south course. And i have done both the rta at gateway. But gingerman has a little bit of elevation change so that made it really fun!

I usually dont pay attention to practice times or anything, but all my honda friends said i wouldnt be able to run times close to a couple of crazy K20 hatches and this crazy crx. So i was up for the challenge!!! LOL
Old Sep 2, 2008, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

I was just at Gingerman this past Saturday. I enjoy it as the line is critical but I like Grattan alot more. Here is a picture of the CWSCC.com EVOs in the pits at Gingerman. Its a 7 hour drive for us.

..... and one on the track
Old Sep 2, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Also.... when will you be at Blackhawk again? I wouldn't mind playing chase with you at a lapping day.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Nice pics. I am usually the only Evo at my track events, nice to see you got a group of Evo guys to run with.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Last year I had one of the only EVOs in my area..... this year people have been buying them like crazy. Normally I think its retarded when everyone buys the same car but the 5 EVO deep 7 hour road trip to Gingerman was a blast.

We might be attending the Sept 17th open track day at Blackhawk. We haven't committed to it just yet but it looks promising. Interested?
http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...sevent_id=9267

Last edited by Jeff_Jeske; Sep 3, 2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

I am certainly going to get out and try some new tracks next year, but I am paid on my next Grattan event on October 25 and I am saving some cash for my trip to the U.P. to watch the Lake Superior Pro Rally the weekend before (gas and 3 days lodging will get me). You are in WI right, if you are into rally at all that will be worth seeing. It the last event for the season and points are usually close, so they are going ***** out. I will get some pics up when I get back either way.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
Also.... when will you be at Blackhawk again? I wouldn't mind playing chase with you at a lapping day.
I will be at blackhawk september 20th for a midwestern council event. No other real plans for september, mos the month i will be in ohio for some job training....
Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
Last year I had one of the only EVOs in my area..... this year people have been buying them like crazy. Normally I think its retarded when everyone buys the same car but the 5 EVO deep 7 hour road trip to Gingerman was a blast.

We might be attending the Sept 17th open track day at Blackhawk. We haven't committed to it just yet but it looks promising. Interested?
http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...sevent_id=9267
Hey i see you are from stevens point? I race with a guy Tom Hille.... He is a very fast driver!!! He too is from stevens point..
Old Sep 6, 2008, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Yes Tom is an excellent driver/instructor. He lives 5 minutes from me. Unfortunately he had too much going on to make the Gingerman event.

Have fun at BHFs on the 20th.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
yeah Tom was suppose to be there with the rest of the evo group, however he was lacking some brake pads.

Quick Reply: Gingerman Raceway Test and tune video!!