Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2008 SCCA National Championship Runoffs T2 Results

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VIPGarage
Jon, Huge thanks. I love not having to pull these trannies every month anymore! You should see your TRE stickers displayed really well in the television coverage!
Glad to see that our transmissions can easily make it through a full year of road racing and thanks for the decals.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks everyone for the kind words, it was great representing the Evo community on the National stage. I hate to be happy with 4th place, but that GXP was custom made for that track followed by the 350Zs to a lesser degree. I was really happy to be the first non GXP in the race. There were 8 GXPs and 8 350Zs in the field. Jon the trans you put together has been in my car since August of 07 and feels as good as the day I put it in..Thank you!!! Im looking forward to Road Americal next year where the Evo should be the car to beat. We will post when this will be aired on Speed Channel...I believe it will be mid November time frame.

Marty
Old Oct 13, 2008, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kekek
Was that contact after the start/finish line? Last lap?

Also noticed Knowles line through that portion did not have him over at the wall on his prior laps.

Yeah what was going on up there? Looked like WTZ was on his way for making a clean pass.... Sorry to see those two get mixed up like that.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Galant VR-4 #34
Jon the trans you put together has been in my car since August of 07 and feels as good as the day I put it in. Marty
Marty, what transmission oil you you run in that transmission? People want to know.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes etc. We really appreciate all the support this year from our Sponsors. AMS has provided great parts, tuning and expertise without once missing a deadline. TRE has put together transmissions that have lasted the test of time while being abused more than anyone could ever imagine, not to mention the rear diff mod that finally allowed us to dial-in throttle oversteer. Carbotech brakes allowed us to slow these beasts down time after time without boiling the fluid...not an easy task. We really need to thank VIP Garage (Marti and Ryan) for being the rock solid crew that kept the cars up and running all year. Without those guys at each race we'd have been hard pressed to get the great results we were able to muster... Racing is a team sport and I'm glad that all of these people and companies are part of mine!

For those that would like to know, Marty and I run Redline MT-90 changed after each race weekend in our gearboxes, shockproof heavyweight in the TC and 75w140 NS in the modded rear diff. Jon knows his stuff, so you should listen to him... we do and the results have spoken for themselves.

I'm working to update my website with pics and in-car video...will post here when complete.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Here is a little in-car from a 350Z in the race driven by Brian Kleeman. Im like 4 cars up in this video. Brain takes a pretty good hit in the tire wall. Should look pretty good on Speed Channel when it comes out. btw he is fine.
Marty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqv_s44mong
Old Oct 15, 2008, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

Cool

Start of the race from inside my car...camera was knocked a little sideways when I put my helmet on in a hurry so excuse the angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7OeoNsKuIk
Old Oct 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

I'm really proud of CJ and Marty, they have overcome a lot of tough races to get where they are. Both of them have been greatly improving over the past few years against an incredibly tough crowd - most of these guys have 3x the budget and years of road racing experience. Finishing in the top 10, especially in a track that is totally Evo unfriendly is a true testament as to how talented these two guys are. If you haven't done SCCA - it requires more time, money, and sacrifice than one can imagine. No HPDE or Time Trial can even come close. This is a great accomplishment. I can only hope to have a fraction of their talent someday.

Watch out for them at RA next year, I'm confident they will both finish on the podium. Good show!
Old Oct 16, 2008, 04:37 AM
wtz
Evolving Member

Congrats CJ and Marty!
Awesome job on the Hard Charger. Jon, if you want to know what happened to me, check out the scca forums. Set aside some time though. The thread has become a short novella.
Cheers,
Old Oct 17, 2008, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Cool

Originally Posted by wtz
Congrats CJ and Marty!
Awesome job on the Hard Charger. Jon, if you want to know what happened to me, check out the scca forums. Set aside some time though. The thread has become a short novella.
Cheers,
Bill,
You got screwed and we all know it. You put the time, effort and money in to this season and you had one hell of a drive going. You owned DK at the end of the race just like you and Robi had planned/expected. I congratulate you on being the peoples choice 2008 T2 Champion! Bring back your Evo for next year and lets all fight it our for an all Evo podium at RA!
Old Oct 17, 2008, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wtz
Congrats CJ and Marty!
Cheers,

Thanks Bill, as you know at HPT, the Evo is a much better race car than it is a qual car.

Marty
Old Oct 18, 2008, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

A little in car video from the championship race
Marty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44vpRY8VYAA&feature=user
Old Oct 20, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Cool SPEED Channel November 12, 2008 @ Noon - Set your DVR/TiVos !

I updated my website/blog with videos and pics

www.redcracing.com