Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2009 STU Discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by thatmr2guy
I have and older harness from another car. I was checking to see if it would fit the evo, but it wont go through the seat holes. Is there a low priced option ?

I really couldnt car less about its expiration or rating, I have leather and really just want a bit more 'stick' in the seat.

TIA
Ebay stuff

I've been using a similar harness for quite a while during auto-x and it works great. It's not certified, doesn't have a real expiration date, is only a 4 point system and shouldn't be used on the race track. But for auto-x it's cheap and works well.
Old May 26, 2009, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by delongedoug
I see what you're saying. I've never done that. So it's still installed and looped through the Recaro holes, just pushed around the sides to the back of the seat. I've been undoing one shoulder strap and taking it out of the seat holes and stashing it under my drivers seat with the back portion stashed under the back seat.
Yup, I disconnect the strap to the rear and pull some slack in and wrap it around.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 09:30 AM
Cy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kekek
Congrats to Corey for holding off the STi's on the Lincoln conrete this weekend. 1 sec gap to 2nd place too.

Nice start to these season w/2 wins. He's like the Tom Berry of STU.
Reviving this thread from the dead to update Corey's record to 4 wins -- 2 Tours & 2 Pros!

Nice job!
Old Jul 1, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cy
Reviving this thread from the dead to update Corey's record to 4 wins -- 2 Tours & 2 Pros!

Nice job!
Excellent indeed.

That means evo wins for 4 of the 6 tours so far this season. Only peru, packwood, and vail left!

Hopefully this is the year for the evo crowd at nats.

d
Old Jul 2, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by donour
Excellent indeed.

That means evo wins for 4 of the 6 tours so far this season. Only peru, packwood, and vail left!

Hopefully this is the year for the evo crowd at nats.

d
Don't jinx it! Didn't we have wins at all the tours last year?
Old Jul 3, 2009, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Mid-season update: For one reason or another, I've only been able to make it to one autoX since attending the Evo AutoX School May 9/10. I went all out at the beginning of the season, hitting an event every weekend for the first 2 months. I've had a few wins and a slew of 2nd and 3rds along with some fun days at the track and schools. Now my season's hit a real snare as I blew a spring in my clutch disk at Lime Rock. With the tranny out, I figured now is the time to send it to Shep for a rebuild. I've always had a 5th gear grind and we found a lot of metal shavings/sludge on the drain plug just 6 months after the last tranny fluid change. I plan to keep the car for years, so it's an investment in the car's future, but I'm looking at a month more of downtime and the car's already been on jackstands for 2 weeks.

However, the car's going to be a whole new car when I get it back. After springing quite a nasty exhaust leak, I figured it's finally time, and started piecing together a full exhaust. I went with a Buschur ported manifold, a used Megan downpipe, Mil.Spec 100cell high flow cat, Buschur Racing catback with Magnaflow muffler and I already have an aftermarket O2 housing on the car. I also ordered an Innovate LC-1 Wideband so my friend can tune me. All those goodies and a 'like new' tranny should make the car a blast!

Until then, I'll be codriving various friends' cars. I'll probably try out both my friends BSP and SM Evos and change it up with a Nismo 350Z next Sunday. I'm also rethinking the practicality of track days and the very real possibility of being stranded at the track very far from home.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
delongedoug: Sucks to hear your car is under going expensive surgery but I'm sure it's going to be worth it if you are planning to keep her for a long time. Are you rebuilding the TC and rear diff as well? Good luck and keep us posted ...

What Hi-flow CATs are you guys using successfully? I know there is the following ones, Random tech, Perrin, Mil Spec and the one from one of our member (R. Jung) .... any preferences?
Old Jul 4, 2009, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

I'm leaving the transfer case alone for now but may do that down the line, although I'd hate to be without the car for another extended period of time unncessarily. It would be too tempting to do the LSD too.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 05:01 PM

whoa

Doug who's gonna come out in sta and beat me? Lord of the Rings
Old Jul 4, 2009, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

You can always count on Justin with FCSCC to lay down some crazy times. With CART, you'll be the cream of the crop. Keep PAXing for us Evo guys, Warren.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Anybody know of a brake pad that bites about as hard as a Hawk HP+ when cold but makes less noise on the street?

At the end of last season my HP+'s were super annoying around town. Haven't found a pad I like better for AutoX unfortunately. The cold bite on the things is insane.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by CDeutsch
Anybody know of a brake pad that bites about as hard as a Hawk HP+ when cold but makes less noise on the street?

At the end of last season my HP+'s were super annoying around town. Haven't found a pad I like better for AutoX unfortunately. The cold bite on the things is insane.
I've been very happy with my RacingBrake ET500's--no noise, more bite, less brake dust.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

I have heard the same thing about the et500's. They will be my choice as well.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thoe99
I've been very happy with my RacingBrake ET500's--no noise, more bite, less brake dust.
I was just thinking about those after doing some research. I may give them a try! Thanks!

Last edited by CDeutsch; Jul 6, 2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Oops, thought Theo99 was Richard because of his Avatar
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thoe99
More bite than HP+s?

Quick Reply: 2009 STU Discussion