Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2009 STU Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
BTW the Subies have a phenominal driver, John Hunter, from our Neb region driving on their side. IMHO, he has the potential to win it all, the guy is just consistantly fast. As much as I would love to see an EVO win NATs, with John on their side, I dunno it may be tough for the EVOs again.

Here's to hoping
Subies also have Jake Namer who won the ProSolo on Monday. But Corey took the championship. Those two have been battling it for most of the year so expect something good from either or both.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Loser
Subies also have Jake Namer who won the ProSolo on Monday. But Corey took the championship. Those two have been battling it for most of the year so expect something good from either or both.
I had dinner with Jake last night -- great, great guy.

However, the evo field is pretty deep on talent: corey, geoff, rick, russ, clint, and wiggy.

d
Old Sep 9, 2009, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I feel honored just to be able to watch all these guys duke it out for top spot ... Personally I feel more like a spectator who happens to be driving @ NATs. Looking forward to seeing a lot of you folks in person.

donour: I'll have to come say Hi to you ...

BTW: the weather has been cloudy over here with no rain ... temps are pretty warm.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Jake has REALLY stepped up his game this year I just wish I could have made the trek out with those guys this year, although it would just be like a regional event for us Philly guys I've already started planning my trip out next year now that the wife has given me the ok for 2010

Nationals should be a great battle with the deep Evo field. The Scooby camp is getting deeper as well so it should be a great battle come Thursday.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
donour: I'll have to come say Hi to you ...
I'm camped out amigos/kopeli because they have good internet access. There is still work to do, even though I'm out of town all week.

BTW: the weather has been cloudy over here with no rain ... temps are pretty warm.
You spoke to too soon. It looks like rained play some havoc on heat 3.

sololive.scca.com

d
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8dad
Jake has REALLY stepped up his game this year I just wish I could have made the trek out with those guys this year, although it would just be like a regional event for us Philly guys I've already started planning my trip out next year now that the wife has given me the ok for 2010
Yes he has. He was pretty good last year but was just running on STi Pink springs. After getting my @ss whooped in AS by Dave's Solstice I thought I'd give STU a shot but didn't run a single event this year thanks to an incident involving a tirewall

I only made it out to Warminster once, but you Philly boys really put on a good show. Keep it up
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

After getting my @ss whooped in AS by Dave's Solstice I thought I'd give STU a shot

I only made it out to Warminster once, but you Philly boys really put on a good show. Keep it up
You thought AS was tough just wait until you run STU more, especially with us in Philly or Nationally!! I was considering moving to BSP for 2010 but, the competition is just to good in STU to move to BSP.

You should come down more often if you can.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Evos dominating so far:
http://sololive.scca.com/STU.html
Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, keep it up!

PS the Mil.Spec P0420 was not an anomaly. It most certainly throws a CEL. Just FYI.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

http://scca.com/popup/raceresult.asp...13555&file=853

Looks like old Evos and old Subies are still the fastest

Originally Posted by delongedoug
PS the Mil.Spec P0420 was not an anomaly. It most certainly throws a CEL. Just FYI.
What's the fix? Spark plug anti-fouler?

Last edited by Loser; Sep 11, 2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SS RX7 r2
You should do some national events to get an accurate gauge of where you stand....
Speaking of National Events -- Congratulations on winning second place at Nationals, Rick! Just a mere .023 seconds of first place. That's an incredibly close margin.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

What's the fix? Spark plug anti-fouler?
If I'm not mistaken, and anyone correct me if I'm wrong, there is no STU legal fix. If it throws a CEL, it's not STU legal. But yes, spark plug anti-fouler is one of the options to try to keep it from throwing a CEL. There are also ECU options.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Had a great time! Glad I was able to meet up with a lot of competitors in STU. I learned I have a longgg ways to go in terms of improving as a driver and that '03s can still be competitive.

Evos took first and second in both STU, STUL... but not without a bit of drama, which came as no surprise to me. In STUL, Diana Carris was protested by Christy Carlson, who has a history of protesting (or at least whining) locally when she's not winning. The protest was ruled in Diana's favor but apparently that wasn't enough to settle the matter and an appeal was wanted as well. *shrug*
Old Sep 12, 2009, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Major congratulations to Tom and Rick for taking 1-2 in STU this year. Truly deserved and I couldn't be happier for two of the nicer guys in the paddock!

Geoff, I know you're disappointed with the result, but still, job well done.

Not my year this year, I'll be back next year and more prepared for what the Lincoln site has to offer me.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by russjnco
Major congratulations to Tom and Rick for taking 1-2 in STU this year. Truly deserved and I couldn't be happier for two of the nicer guys in the paddock!

Geoff, I know you're disappointed with the result, but still, job well done.
+1 Congrats guys! Way to bring home a victory for the Evos! (finally)

And congrats to my co-driver for coming in 6th in his car with the super soft Megan coilovers! Hopefully next year he'll get something better or we'll take my car with the ZZYZX setup.

Quick Reply: 2009 STU Discussion