Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2009 BSP Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
If you are talking about the toe control arm, yep, they are available for the X. I have not seen the rear suspension of an EVO X, but I assume you are talking about something like this?

http://www.green.dti.ne.jp/unlimited...d/rearrod.html

I will let others comment on legality.
That is what I'm talking about.

The X rear suspension is different from the VIII/IX though...

The ones I found for the X are $410 though.... I can buy a lot of $20 bolts/washers for that much money
Old Jun 11, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah - the ones for the X that I linked to above are around $800. You could build a set with parts from McMaster Carr and Pegasus for probably around $200 . . . but still cheaper to buy some replacement bolts. . .
Old Jul 20, 2009, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
The Packwood Pro was a lot of fun.
Left Side:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_9cCVgBWFs

Right Side:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJhum5D5n0

I have no idea what's up with the weird selection of related videos...
Old Jul 20, 2009, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Whoo Hoo!

Uhh . . where are your harnesses? Looks like you only had a lap belt?
Old Jul 20, 2009, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soooooooooo has anyone else noticed that there are several evo drivers that have won their class AND been at the very top (or close to) in PAX or Pro index at events in every corner of the country?

If everyone goes to Lincoln it's gonna be awesome.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

If all goes well I'm going to be at the bottom of the RTP/PAX at the Toledo Pro. . .
Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by kekek
Soooooooooo has anyone else noticed that there are several evo drivers that have won their class AND been at the very top (or close to) in PAX or Pro index at events in every corner of the country?

talk about an epic battle. I can't wait.

I'd like to say I finally beat those damn CSP cars but I know Scott Fraiser had more then enough sand to cover the gap.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
If all goes well I'm going to be at the bottom of the RTP/PAX at the Toledo Pro. . .
I moved to SM for the last event (there was noone else in BSP, and playing with yourself is no fun). At least I wasn't DFL. Of course I was .004 behind the next guy... and I really only got two runs because I looped the car two runs in a row before I realized I was running WAY too much tire pressure.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kekek

FWIW, don't count out the Solstice GXP. There were 3 mini-events (Divisional) this past weekend up in Oscoda (medium grip concrete). Aaron Miller won the 2 events on Sat. by 9 tenths combined, but Alex Jones in his GXP won Sunday by 7 tenths. There were 4 runs on Sunday and Aaron did not look like he was off. Aaron won the overall by 2 tenths and was 5th in pax. Alex was 6th. The Soltice looked very fast in the big 180 sweepers.

Jarod was there in the same run group so maybe he can chime in.

Dave
Old Jul 21, 2009, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, Alex in his GXP beat us pretty well Sunday. Just couldn't catch him . . .
Old Aug 2, 2009, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

Just curious as to what tires (Kumho or Hoosier) are you guys running on your BSP/SM evos and what tire pressures do you use on a normal warm day?

Also, I see alot of really fast guys in my region (SFR) with splitters on the front and I never really see evo's with them unless they are strictly track cars... what are your guy's thoughts on this?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joshesh
Just curious as to what tires (Kumho or Hoosier) are you guys running on your BSP/SM evos and what tire pressures do you use on a normal warm day?

Also, I see alot of really fast guys in my region (SFR) with splitters on the front and I never really see evo's with them unless they are strictly track cars... what are your guy's thoughts on this?
Since the Hoosier A6 came out it has been absolutely dominant. That's 3 years running!! Before the A6 it seems like Hoosier and Kumho battled back and forth for a few years. . . Kumho V710's are more "fun" to drive though, IMHO. . .

As for pressures - depends on your suspension setup. Try starting with high 30's F and mid 30's R for the Hoosier. . .

As for splitters and wings - my opinion is thus - maximize front downforce/grip and then balance the rear. . . but the gain here is much smaller than the gain in optimizing tires and suspension. . .
Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Guys. I'm researching getting a X to replace my recently killed IX. How competitive have the Xs been against the IXs in auto-x in your regions? I haven't seen any BSP Evo Xs in SFR.

Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

There's not enough BSP competition here in Dallas, nor enough Evo competition to answer your question

I wish there was.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About 3 weeks to go; how are the preparations going? Any new setup tips? Good luck to all EvoM members participating at nationals.

Quick Reply: 2009 BSP Discussion