Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2009 BSP Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
10.5's in the rear will take some MAJOR fender reworking. . . let us know how it turns out. I'd like to see some pics of 10.5's in the rear. . .
Old Feb 5, 2009, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
10.5's in the rear will take some MAJOR fender reworking. . . let us know how it turns out. I'd like to see some pics of 10.5's in the rear. . .
...he has an evo X. should be no problem.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

My bad. I always forget about those things It will be cool to see what they can do in BSP. . .
Old Feb 5, 2009, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well BSP is weak here. I'll still just be looking for PAX victories vs. the STU crowd here.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Couple r-compound questions:

1. For alignment, I know max negative camber up front, but what about back? Right now, on street tires, I'm running -2*.
2. Anything special I need to to do care for the tires? I see people scraping the gook and rubber off after they pull the wheels off at the end of the day.
3. keeping/marking the same wheel on the same spot (FR/FL), or is this just for rotation purposes?

I bought used A6's to try and save a bit of money. Hope to get ~8 local events on them (so ~40 runs). Hope I don't destroy them quicker... budget is getting low lol.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

- dont know bout camber for an X
- With A6's don't worry about scraping the rubber build up off the rear tires. You will probably run them on the fronts at the next event and it will come right off in the first corner. I always brush all the little rocks off with a set of heavy duty gloves to protect your hands. Makes storing and transporting them much cleaner. . .
- to get max life out of tires you want to make sure each of them gets worn evenly accross the whole tread surface. Here is how I do it:

Keep a litte notebook and log your events. Mark each tire 1, 2, 3, 4. Keep track of which corner they are on, how many runs were done, and whether the track was clockwise or counter-clockwise. That last one is real important. If you do a 2 day event or a 2 courses in one day event where you run one course, take a lunch break while they reset the course, then run again - you need to pay attention to your tires. You may think swapping your tires between events is always good, but imagine this -lets say you run Course A which is CCW, then swap your tires left to right, then run Course B which is CW - you just put double the wear on one tire. The tire that was RF on course A took the majority of the wear, then you swapped it to the LF where it took the majority of the wear on course B. . .

I figure the average life of a set of well-rotated Hoosiers on an EVO is about 80 runs, flipping the tire inside-to-out at around 40-50 runs. Of that ~40 runs before flippping I try to spread it out as evenly as possible - 20 runs on the front, 20 runs on the rear, 10 runs on the front inside (right on CW course) , 10 runs on the front outside (left on CW course). Then after dismounting, flipping, and remounting I repeat the process until one cords. Then I keep the other 3 as backup/fun time/giveaway tires.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Okey doke. I rolled and pulled the rear fenders this morning. If the tires rub, it's not going to be much I pulled the fronts a bit, but there simply wasn't much that can be done up there.

I'm going to have to get some more aggressive street wheels and tires because now both the front and rear (stock wheels) look sunken in
Old Feb 8, 2009, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goofygrin
I'm going to have to get some more aggressive street wheels and tires because now both the front and rear (stock wheels) look sunken in
You should see what it looks like with -4.5 camber up front and stockers!
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kekek
You should see what it looks like with -4.5 camber up front and stockers!
we all had a good laugh at how broken the car looked after we changed the alignment the first time.

"are you sure we put all the bolts back in it?" hahah
Old Feb 9, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Actually, with stock suspension (arms & hub/upright) I don't think you can get much more than -4.0 or so. Brake line real estate, tire/wheel to damper clearance and damper/spring to chassis clearance get very tight.

Move out the BJ a little with some fancy LCA's and I could see more camber.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Here's a thread about my fun this AM... not sure it's going to clear, but I can just raise it up
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...en-ground.html
Old Feb 13, 2009, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

They mostly fit

Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

that looks bad ***. hopefully it runs as good as it looks.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:54 PM

I have a legality question for my BSP build and was not able to find anything here on legalities. Would trimming the below tab and piece be legal for BSP in order to fit the FMIC that I am considering?

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/p...ID=160&image=5

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/p...ID=160&image=6

thanks for any input!!! ;-)

Last edited by IceHawk; Feb 16, 2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IceHawk
I have a legality question for my BSP build and was not able to find anything here on legalities. Would trimming the below tab and piece be legal for BSP in order to fit the FMIC that I am considering?

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/p...ID=160&image=5

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/p...ID=160&image=6

thanks for any input!!! ;-)
trimming parts that are required to remain stock = not legal.

Quick Reply: 2009 BSP Discussion