Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Building an Evo IX for BSP!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
But did they compare the Star Spec vs. the Hoosier Radial Wet?? I think that technically you are supposed to run Hoosiers all days of the event to get contingency . . .
Watch out, sounds like a set-up to borrow your wets.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kekek
Most certainly. Apparently he's also making 50+ more hp than at the Devens Tour last year when he won BSP.

Sorry Craig, it looks like your thread is turning into the 2009 BSP alternate thread.
Lol, thats OK, I am going to update each item on the first post with links and/or pics so wherever the thread goes, it won't really matter since my stuff will be edited on the first page.

Last edited by CraigWilcox; Mar 25, 2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:29 PM

Here is a pic of the Evo at the Lincoln Prosolo where it made its national debut! ;-) Wow, Evo's are fun, can't say I really miss the Mini much at the moment!!!!

One thing to note, my Evo seems a bit of a pig at 3137 lbs. I guess I need to try a little harder to see sub 3050 or so.

Last edited by CraigWilcox; May 5, 2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old May 5, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Craig,

Sure looks like you warmed up to the car pretty quick! Got any video from the event?

FYI my 03 GSR is in the 3100 range. To get much lighter requires $$ and an RS.
Old May 9, 2009, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Craig,
Congrats on your performance at the Lincoln Pro. Any updates on the progress of the build? I second the request for video. Also, what are your thoughts on the location?
Old May 13, 2009, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by piper971
Craig,
Congrats on your performance at the Lincoln Pro. Any updates on the progress of the build? I second the request for video. Also, what are your thoughts on the location?
Thanks!! Sorry no video yet. I'll try to get it setup for the Blytheville Prosolo/National Tour and maybe the 2 day event in Lincoln in 2 weeks. I think the new site in Lincoln is going to be great, it is HUGE and can accomidate all of our needs for the championship. My only wish would be that grip levels would be a bit better considering that its concrete, but, its still pretty good in the Evo with 285's, probably like a medium grade asphalt. I am going to update the build in the next day or so with a bunch more pics and details. ;-)

Last edited by CraigWilcox; May 13, 2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 09:22 PM

Here are a few pics that I took at the Arkansas National Tour where the Eastern States Championship took place this past weekend......

Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Man, whoever is driving that car needs to work on their car placement!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by kekek
Man, whoever is driving that car needs to work on their car placement!
That would be Joe, you can show him how its done at Nats. ;-)

Last edited by CraigWilcox; Jun 3, 2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Craig,
Are you and Joe coming down to any of the local NR Lincoln events for the rest of the seaon? You and Joe looked mighty quick in the car last time. Joe came after the 1st event and co-drove a white vette.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CraigWilcox
That would be Joe, you can show him how its done at Nats. ;-)
Doesn't look like he needs much help.

It also looks like you guys will be right there in terms of speed. Based on some of my personal benchmarks we would be pretty even timewise.

How is the car coming along? Any things you did that you felt were not so helpful, or suck? Anything that surprised you? How are the AST's? Everyone else at the top last year was on Ohlins of some sort.

Kind of curious how it was for you building a car now that a "recipe" is kind of out there. Please don't think I'm implying you didn't build the car or put alot of work into it as I'm not.

John
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:47 AM

I have to say that I appreciate all the info that is out there. I literally put the car together based on all the setup here on Evom and was able to be competitive right away due to the setup info being spot on. The AST's are fantastic! There is a huge range of adjustment and the AST stuff seems to be of very high quality. I am sure the Ohlins are great as well.

So far, all mods that I have done have worked out with the exception of one........

I spent $1500 on (2) Sparco Evo 2 seats with side mounts/slider/base mounts and they weighed 34lbs each. I took the OEM seats out to find they weighed 37lbs. lol Obviously I have to do something different. I might just get a small Kirkey for the passengers side and bolt it straight to the floor with no brackets or sliders and just swap it at big events. On the drivers side, I will probably just use some aluminum side mounts and bolt them to the OEM sliders. I would guess that would put me around 27lbs for the drivers side and 15lbs for the passengers side.

Anyway, looking forward to Nats, I am just hoping to be close to you guys!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
Craig,
Are you and Joe coming down to any of the local NR Lincoln events for the rest of the seaon? You and Joe looked mighty quick in the car last time. Joe came after the 1st event and co-drove a white vette.
Yes, we will be at the next local 2 day event. I am going to try lowering the Evo and bit and am looking forward to the test. See you there!!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CraigWilcox
. . .

I spent $1500 on (2) Sparco Evo 2 seats with side mounts/slider/base mounts and they weighed 34lbs each. I took the OEM seats out to find they weighed 37lbs. lol Obviously I have to do something different. I might just get a small Kirkey for the passengers side and bolt it straight to the floor with no brackets or sliders and just swap it at big events. . . .
Ultrashield Rally Sport seat + cover + bolted direct to Sparco seat base comes in right at the 20# limit for the class, and costs $350. . .

That is what I run for a passenger seat. . . have an Ultrashield RS on sparco rails and sliders for the drivers seat. 25#. . .
Old Jun 4, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Ultrashield Rally Sport seat + cover + bolted direct to Sparco seat base comes in right at the 20# limit for the class, and costs $350. . .

That is what I run for a passenger seat. . . have an Ultrashield RS on sparco rails and sliders for the drivers seat. 25#. . .
what 20# limit?

Quick Reply: Building an Evo IX for BSP!