Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Perrin PSRS - opinions? Anyone tried it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perrin PSRS - opinions? Anyone tried it?

Long story short - when Robi was in town and I finally managed to grab his attention for a decent conversation (that guy is an absolute setup MACHINE - and I felt rude to interrupt him while he was busy so I waited quite a long time to get to speak to the maestro!) he mentioned (and I hope I'm not giving too much away here) that a certain rather well known member here whose car he worked on benefitted greatly from running "loads and loads of caster" for Time Attack events.

I'm currently running aorund 5.5 degrees of caster up front thanks to some HKS camber plates (which also allow caster adjustment) and as far as I know the Perrin PSRS seems to be one of the only really easy ways to get another roughly 2 degrees of caster up front (theoretically)...for a nice whopping 7 degrees of caster in total (again, theoretically)!

Just wondering if anyone on here in the Motorsports section has tried the PSRS out yet and what your opinions/observation/gains/noted changes in handling behaviour were.

Otherwise I may just have to play guinea pig

Last edited by theshadow; Apr 30, 2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm interested in it, but I'd need to know if it's BSP legal first.

Edit they are NOT legal. You move all the way to a prepared class.

Good, saves me money

Last edited by goofygrin; Apr 30, 2009 at 08:05 AM.