Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

BRP race in-car video – From my competitor

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2009, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRP race in-car video – From my competitor

Some of you might remember that i was racing at BRP on April 25-26. As i mentioned in my BRP thread, my in-car footage didnt come out well for Saturday and Sunday. So instead, i was able to get in-car footage from one of my competitors from the Sunday race, Josh Carroll. A quick thanks to Josh for allowing me to post his video. Josh took 2nd place on Sunday, and i won. Here is my BRP thread for reference:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...ics-video.html

In the meantime i also want to note that i had 2 races this past weekend at Big Willow. I got a new camera and i finally have in-car footage from both of my Big Willow races. Im not super happy with the video, but its better than nothing for now. When i get everything sorted ill be posting a thread regarding my 2 Big Willow races with in-car from my Saturday and Sunday race, and hopefully a few pics also.

Moving on. Here is a brief recap of the in-car from Josh regarding our Sunday April 26 BRP race:
I was grid up in 1st. Josh and i exchanged the lead 4 times. I maintained the lead towards the end of the race and won again. Josh drives a tube-frame chassis Mazda GT. He is one of the fastest drivers out of all the other Mazda GT guys, if not their fastest driver.

This is his in-car footage from the entire race on Sunday:

http://www.vimeo.com/4827899

To help better reference whats happening in the race here is a breakdown of the 4 lead exchanges Josh and i had:

3:55 – Im approaching the sweeper with Josh on my tail. The yellow Mustang takes the outside line to pass a FFR. I follow the Mustang to also pass the FFR. Josh takes the inside line. We go 3-abreast through the sweeper. Im on the Mustangs tail as he passes the FFR. The FFR then gets in my way and Josh passes me and the FFR on the inside. Josh then passes the Mustang out of the esses and pulls away a good 10 seconds. I get stuck behind the FFR through the esses while Josh pulls away. I then also had to pass the Mustang.

6:02 – Josh is still in the lead. Im trailing behind him. You can see a train of cars through the esses. Josh passes 2 cars before the front straight. I get stuck behind all of them. Josh passes a CMC Camero and the yellow FFR down the front straight. I then somehow managed to pass 5+ cars down the front straight. I also just barely passed Josh by sticking my car on the inside of Josh approaching the end of the straight. From what i heard from my friends and other spectators, that was a pretty intense pass i made. I then regained the lead.

8:00 – Im fighting to defend my lead but Josh makes a great move again in the sweeper and passes me again. Josh takes the lead again for the 2nd time.

9:50 – Josh is fighting to maintain his lead while i trail him. He has a pretty intense off at MM, but to my surprise has a spectacular save. He did an amazing job saving it, but i was able to pass him on the outside after his save.

16:24 – Im still in the lead, but Josh ends up having a very unfortunate off that ended up costing him the race. He had another great save, but i pulled away quite a bit after that. I maintained the lead and won the race by 1.692 seconds.
Old May 25, 2009, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Man.....I want straight cut gears....
Old May 25, 2009, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
Man.....I want straight cut gears....
Those Mazda GT race cars come with a Jerico dog ring gear box.
Old May 26, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Definitely some good saves there for Josh. Nice win, you really juked him early in the vid when he was behind the red car, Camaro I think.
Old May 27, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SWOLN
Definitely some good saves there for Josh. Nice win, you really juked him early in the vid when he was behind the red car, Camaro I think.
Thanks. Im not sure which part youre referring to, but there was quite a bit of strategy unfolding left and right.
Old May 27, 2009, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow that is some awesome footage of the race, Great stuff guys!
Old May 27, 2009, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hiboost
Wow that is some awesome footage of the race, Great stuff guys!
Thanks. I finally have in-car of my 2 recent races from Big Willow. We should get that up and posted within the next week in a separate thread. The quality isnt all that great but at least i finally have some in-car to post.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 02:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ahhh no way i love buttonwillow. sick footage man
Old Jun 6, 2009, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoe21
ahhh no way i love buttonwillow. sick footage man
Thanks. I posted my in-car from my 2 recent Big Willow races:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...-car-pics.html