Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Video: Karting practice at infineon kart track

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video: Karting practice at infineon kart track

3rd time ever in a 125 Tag Kart. My Kart is a CRG Road Rebel, Rotax, no front brakes. Testing in preparation to begin racing Rotax masters in September. If I could start my motorsports journey over, I would start here. I spent 5 years with an Evo, 2 years in NASA TT with some success, but not without spending a MASSIVE amount of $$ on the car, including 2 blown engines. My new plan is to race karts for 2 years, then tranistion to a Spec Racer Ford, a purpose-built racecar. Never again will I race a street car modified to be a racecar. Input is of course, welcome. My lines a re fairly good, but a lot of too early turn-ins and staying in the brakes too long. I'm about 3-4 seconds off the competitive laptimes, which I should be able to make up in 3 months of practice.

http://vimeo.com/4894319
Old May 31, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
nice video, and kart. I know how you feel. Spent lots of $$ on my car as well, and discovered Karts last year and got hooked as well. Not ready to drop Evo just yet, but as some point Im looking to buy a CRG Kart.

Ahh from 1 addiction to another lol
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish I would have seen this 2 years ago
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow - there's no mistaking the world is not flat...

Cool vid
Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm new to the karting world this year too. What a difference from the Evo. Definitely a cheaper method of racing but more fun if you ask me.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
I'm new to the karting world this year too. What a difference from the Evo. Definitely a cheaper method of racing but more fun if you ask me.
what type of kart you running and where?

people new to karting should check out the tag 4stroke 250cc motors. less maintence and less rebuilds. cost of running for a year is $100 or less for the first couple yrs.

i had a tag 125 leopard motor a couple years ago, but after riding a 4stroke 250cc motor i ended up selling the 125 and getting 2 250cc motored karts. the torque and power curve are unbelievable. they run as fast as modified shifter karts.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 06:48 PM

It's a CRG Road Rebel, Rotax, no front brakes (they will be added soon, I weigh 190 pounds). the track was infineon (sears point) KArt track in Sonoma, California. I love to have a 4 stroke 250 for many reasons, one being they are kinder to the environment, but no one races them out here, so, no competition. As far as 2 strokes go, Rotaxes are about as fast as elopards, but they will go 50 hours before a (1000.00) total re-build.