Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Gates311 / AMS Sponsored Evo X - Willow Springs Race Report

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2009, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the good words guys. Someone said is it because the weightloss, actually since I took the car apart it's been problematic...

I'm confident that AMS will get the car sorted and we'll be out for testing this weekend, and running at RTA on the 21st faster than ever.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlackTrack
Thanks for all the good words guys. Someone said is it because the weightloss, actually since I took the car apart it's been problematic...

I'm confident that AMS will get the car sorted and we'll be out for testing this weekend, and running at RTA on the 21st faster than ever.
Ryan, sorry to hear of your issues. It almost seems that no matter what you do, in time, issues of all sorts are inevitable. Not that im an expert with such problems, and i doubt anyone really wants to be, but weight reduction was something that popped up in my mind also. Not that weight reduction inherently is the issue, but a lot of times when people start stripping their car they also start removing wiring. They also start removing items that have something to do with wiring/electronics. You have some serious resources and i know you dont need to hear this, but im confident that you guys will figure this out one way or another. Last i recall, you dont drink. But here is a either way.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bueller
Ryan, sorry to hear of your issues. It almost seems that no matter what you do, in time, issues of all sorts are inevitable. Not that im an expert with such problems, and i doubt anyone really wants to be, but weight reduction was something that popped up in my mind also. Not that weight reduction inherently is the issue, but a lot of times when people start stripping their car they also start removing wiring. They also start removing items that have something to do with wiring/electronics. You have some serious resources and i know you dont need to hear this, but im confident that you guys will figure this out one way or another. Last i recall, you dont drink. But here is a either way.
We figured out the issue, it was fuel/electric related. Sounds like the secondary fuel pump failed causing a few fuses to be blown.

BTW...I do drink so thank you for the
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Make sure it was the fuel pump that was the root cause of the "high current" condition that blew all the fuses. Otherwise it might happen again. It's possible that there could have been a short somewhere else and the fuel pump was a casualty along with the various fuses.

Hopefully you guys got it sorted out and are ready to ROCK!

Last edited by jid2; Jun 11, 2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

hopefully its solved.... hard to focus on driving when your chasing mechanical issues.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jid2
Make sure it was the fuel pump that was the root cause of the "high current" condition that blew all the fuses. Otherwise it might happen again. It's possible that there could have been a short somewhere else and the fuel pump was a casualty along with the carious fuses.

Hopefully you guys got it sorted out and are ready to ROCK!
That's what they're working on, checking to see if the Walbro caused the problem or if the the problem caused it to fail. It will be figured out.

Originally Posted by nils
hopefully its solved.... hard to focus on driving when your chasing mechanical issues.
Thanks bud, I know they'll get it worked out.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be nice if we could drive to the track with no side-view mirrors or headlights.........
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by meanmud
It would be nice if we could drive to the track with no side-view mirrors or headlights.........
I drove the car around CA like that, went to the gas station a few times haha
Old Jun 11, 2009, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sux about what happened. Go out there and kick some @$$ next time (so I can live vicariously through you) ... Good luck in the next event!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:46 PM
Former Vendor

Are you using separate relays for the Dual pumps?

Originally Posted by BlackTrack
That's what they're working on, checking to see if the Walbro caused the problem or if the the problem caused it to fail. It will be figured out.

Thanks bud, I know they'll get it worked out.