Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Let's see YOUR track Evo

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
trunk monkey on the wing is full of win! lol
haha i love it.

Originally Posted by EVOizmm
I think my evo was originally one of the sister cars to your's.
i thought it might be. did you buy yours from a guy in texas? i know there is mine and another one still in utah, and the 3rd i noticed fs in texas maybe 2 years ago? here's a cool old pic with all 3 of them way back in the day, it was in a modified mag article.

Old May 17, 2012, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by PCSkiBum_21
haha i love it.

i thought it might be. did you buy yours from a guy in texas? i know there is mine and another one still in utah, and the 3rd i noticed fs in texas maybe 2 years ago? here's a cool old pic with all 3 of them way back in the day, it was in a modified mag article.

yes i got mine from TX. I saw one of the others FS a little bit ago. A friend of mine wanted to buy it bu the seller changed his mind. maybe that was yours?

Nice picture!
Old May 18, 2012, 09:41 AM

yep that was mine. i was going to sell it for an open wheel car, but then i hit the wall at mmp and decided to rebuild better and keep it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUMwS...&feature=g-upl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCOnve50ggg

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  69.8 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Size:  73.0 KB

and partial rebuild just so i could make the last event last fall.

Name:  1-2.jpg
Size:  102.2 KB

Name:  2-2.jpg
Size:  101.5 KB

Name:  October29LapBattle-19.jpg
Size:  53.5 KB

this winter i've taken it all the way down to the shell and am slowly building it back up. it's getting there slowly

The following users liked this post:
hokiruu (Jun 22, 2019)
Old May 18, 2012, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
damn man...that looked like a hard hit. glad your ok!
Old May 18, 2012, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

looks like you boiled the brake fluid huh?

Glad you walked away ok.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:43 PM

yep brake fluid boiled over bad. i've since replaced all the seals in the calipers, switched to pagid pads and castrol fluid and the pedal is a million times better. luckily i was totally fine, my neck was a bit sore for a couple weeks but that was it. overall the car wasn't too bad either. frame was pulled back about 2mm only, roll cage chassis strengthening FTW. the only mechanical parts I had to replace were the passenger front tie rod end and ball joint. everything else was just body work.
Old May 18, 2012, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn, never would have guessed the fluid boiled. From this seat it looked like you hit someones coolant or something the way the car wouldn't turn and just kept sliding. Also thought that because the car in front of you didn't make the turn either.

Was there any warning prior to the pedal going to the floor? What fluid were you running and what pads?
Old May 18, 2012, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

yep brake fluid boiled over bad. i've since replaced all the seals in the calipers, switched to pagid pads and castrol fluid and the pedal is a million times better. luckily i was totally fine, my neck was a bit sore for a couple weeks but that was it. overall the car wasn't too bad either. frame was pulled back about 2mm only, roll cage chassis strengthening FTW. the only mechanical parts I had to replace were the passenger front tie rod end and ball joint. everything else was just body work.
I did the same thing with my old black evo but thank god had enough run off to scrub off speed. It takes a long time to regain confidence after an event like that.
Old May 20, 2012, 04:25 PM

I've had pedal fade before but mild, it was weird this time it was no warning and just totally gone. I was just doing what I could to get it sideways and scrubbed off as much speed as possible. I'm doing about 120 before brake zone in that turn, I figured that I still hit the wall around 50-60mph though.

Pads were Hawk DTC-70, and ATE super blue fluid. Brembo GT355mm front kit, stock rears. So the bias is too heavy to the front right now. I since switched to Pagid pads and Castrol SRF fluid, and rebuilt the caliper seals and haven't had any more fade at all.
Old May 20, 2012, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
damn, never would have guessed the fluid boiled. From this seat it looked like you hit someones coolant or something the way the car wouldn't turn and just kept sliding. Also thought that because the car in front of you didn't make the turn either.

Was there any warning prior to the pedal going to the floor? What fluid were you running and what pads?
looks like the subaru was was going to turn in but looked in the mirror and saw the evo come flying, so he decided not to turn in. that would have been a bad t-bone.
Old May 20, 2012, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by honda-guy
looks like the subaru was was going to turn in but looked in the mirror and saw the evo come flying, so he decided not to turn in. that would have been a bad t-bone.
Yep, I thought to myself "Good awareness by the STI ahead".
Old May 21, 2012, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

minus losing brakes and a wall being there, everything else that happened couldn’t have happened any better.
Old May 21, 2012, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

+1 on the STi driver, good awareness....also looked like he may have stopped after to make sure you were ok.
It also looks like after realizing you lost brakes, you intentionally cut corner to scrub some speed on the dirt on the inside of the turn, also great control to hit the side of the car as opposed to the front, way to save some money there! Glad you're ok, and glad to see you're still going to head out to the track soon!
Old May 22, 2012, 12:29 PM

yes, extremely glad he was paying attention to what was going on behind him. all things considered, it could have been much worse. incidents are going to happen sooner or later if you decide to go on track, it's worth it though
Old May 22, 2012, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

I've had pedal fade before but mild, it was weird this time it was no warning and just totally gone. I was just doing what I could to get it sideways and scrubbed off as much speed as possible. I'm doing about 120 before brake zone in that turn, I figured that I still hit the wall around 50-60mph though.

Pads were Hawk DTC-70, and ATE super blue fluid. Brembo GT355mm front kit, stock rears. So the bias is too heavy to the front right now. I since switched to Pagid pads and Castrol SRF fluid, and rebuilt the caliper seals and haven't had any more fade at all.
now that I watched the vid on my PC instead of my phone its clear to see you were pumping the pedal. Very nice save.

Quick Reply: Let's see YOUR track Evo