Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Pocono race video win and track record for AMS sponsored Evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2009, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pocono race video win and track record for AMS sponsored Evo

This is the in-car from the Pocono race where we won and set the track record. As you can see, the restrictor has slowed me to the point that I can barely pull the M3 and I get pulled by the SS Camaro. Pre restrictor, I would pull the Camaro. The first lap after I pass the M3 is the record setting lap (1:44.7)

Enjoy, Marty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMwDx9jhKi4
Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats!
Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
its a cool video!
Do you have a restrictor plate? or which type of restrictor you referring /exhaust/?
Old Aug 23, 2009, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
its a cool video!
Do you have a restrictor plate? or which type of restrictor you referring /exhaust/?

I have a TIR-turbo inlet restrictor. Stock turbo inlet ID is 44mm, last years restrictor was 42.5mm, this years is 41mm. Biggest difference in power is up top, normally I could walk that Camaro down and the M3 would have been an after thought.

Marty
Old Aug 23, 2009, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice, good stuff!
Old Aug 23, 2009, 07:55 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DAMN!!!
Hell smash that m3!!!

Get that nasty thing outta here!!!
Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
haha I thought the camera was installed in your car, but mic for some reason was installed in the M3 .. What a loud and annoying exhaust on that M3 . Good driving tho
Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Close call at 8:49

What was the Camaro SS doing there that slowed him down so much, mis shift?

Looked fun!
Old Aug 23, 2009, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Galant VR-4 #34
I have a TIR-turbo inlet restrictor. Stock turbo inlet ID is 44mm, last years restrictor was 42.5mm, this years is 41mm. Biggest difference in power is up top, normally I could walk that Camaro down and the M3 would have been an after thought.

Marty
oh oke, we in the rally have to have the 34 mm one...
So i know the pain up top
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
So at 6: something....what happened? Looked like the gear kicked out then sounds like a blender the rest of the race?
Old Aug 23, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hiboost
Close call at 8:49

What was the Camaro SS doing there that slowed him down so much, mis shift?

Looked fun!

Yea, I had a real nice run on him when he miss shifted. I would have had an easier pass had ne not done so. Earlier when he passes me, I miss shifted and he ran into my back right wheel hard enough to mess up my rear diff which you can hear in the video from that point on. Normally I like to keep my hands slower but when you are pushing as hard as I was to try to out handle an M3 in the twistys, its hard to look like youre out for a sunday drive
Marty
Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

First off, that was a great battle. The back and forth with the M3 and Camaro was fun. So thats what happened? The Camaro punted you when you miss-shifted? Although, in your rear-view mirror it looks like he hit your LR, not your RR.

I was wondering why your car developed a rattling noise after that. I thought maybe it was your camera or something. So how do you guys deal with situations like that? If an incident is another drivers fault does he/she step up and help pay for the damage? I think that situation was more of a racing incident in the sense that you cant really say one of you was at fault. But did he at least offer to help with any repairs that you will have to incur?
Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bueller
First off, that was a great battle. The back and forth with the M3 and Camaro was fun. So thats what happened? The Camaro punted you when you miss-shifted? Although, in your rear-view mirror it looks like he hit your LR, not your RR.

I was wondering why your car developed a rattling noise after that. I thought maybe it was your camera or something. So how do you guys deal with situations like that? If an incident is another drivers fault does he/she step up and help pay for the damage? I think that situation was more of a racing incident in the sense that you cant really say one of you was at fault. But did he at least offer to help with any repairs that you will have to incur?
Nobody pays even if if it was clearly one persons fault, just the way it is. Ours were clearly racing incidents so no penalty points were given to either driver. In our case the contact was really the fault of the lead car. You really dont see brake checking unless the guy wants his rear bumper smashed in. Now you do see a lot of left foot brake lights coming on to try to fool you into slowing or it could be cars just pumping up their brakes making sure they will have a good pedal when they need it.

Marty
Old Aug 23, 2009, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Galant VR-4 #34
Nobody pays even if if it was clearly one persons fault, just the way it is. Ours were clearly racing incidents so no penalty points were given to either driver. In our case the contact was really the fault of the lead car. You really dont see brake checking unless the guy wants his rear bumper smashed in. Now you do see a lot of left foot brake lights coming on to try to fool you into slowing or it could be cars just pumping up their brakes making sure they will have a good pedal when they need it.

Marty
Interesting to hear that. In Socal i know that it varies, but people do step up and help out if they were clearly at fault.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Nods, that would be nice . Curious to see the damage report in detail, if it messed up an axel or disc in the diff or input or what have you. That way we know what that will do to us in the same situation.

Quick Reply: Pocono race video win and track record for AMS sponsored Evo