Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Black River Stages 9/19-9/20

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black River Stages 9/19-9/20

Black River stages is going on this weekend. Anyone in the upstate NY area that wants to see some rally should check it out. Its about 30 minutes from Watertown. All the info is here
http://blackriverstages.com/2009/
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Wow there is a lot of Rally Moto riders signed up. Will you guys be bringing out the 10?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Billy@EnglishRacing
Wow there is a lot of Rally Moto riders signed up. Will you guys be bringing out the 10?
Nope, we haven some issues with brakes.

However, most of us will still be useful for the weekend. Logan is heading off at least 2 stages, start and finish marshalling.

And it looks like USUK's mechanic crew bounced so myself and our other mechanic is steping up to keep it real and hold it down for them, for free of course

RED DRAGONS!
Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
the rear brake set up is killing us. We still couldnt find a right solution yet.
I sad to see this event going away this year...
Well this year planned to be a build and test year , so i'm looking forward for the next year .
Old Sep 15, 2009, 04:21 PM
Former Sponsor

What are the 6 evo 10's that have been competing in that driver search challenge at the last few WRC events running in the rear? I really hope you guys can make it out to Idaho next year, if you do i will try my best to put Idaho in my budget!
Old Sep 15, 2009, 09:51 PM

What are the 6 evo 10's that have been competing in that driver search challenge at the last few WRC events running in the rear? I really hope you guys can make it out to Idaho next year, if you do i will try my best to put Idaho in my budget!

Our budget! I really wanna run Idaho! Does Mike? I'll fight him for you!
Old Sep 15, 2009, 09:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dazed_driver
Our budget! I really wanna run Idaho! Does Mike? I'll fight him for you!

I will co-drive for who ever, if i can leave my car at home it is cheaper for me
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:22 AM

lol
Old Sep 16, 2009, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

7s,8s,9s, oem rears dont fit/wont cut it.

10's in a production class or group N in UK Non North America either have an UK RS or a set up from a X RS or a custom rear.

We couldn't find a RS setup laying around anywhere in Austrailia, Uk, NZ, Taiwan, JPN or even Germany...

We now have a decision to make beyond this withdrawl...

Last edited by r.m.s.; Sep 16, 2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

They're running these: http://www.brembo.com/NR/rdonlyres/5...voXsystem1.pdf
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

I shall have my vengence. I'm going to make the codrivers speak pig latin if they want to get their time cards filled out at the start of Texas Rd or Goose Pond to make me feel better that we aren't running. No Pig latin, no stage LOL. Its either that or bad French. I don't really care what they say, they can call me names or swear or whatever but it will have to be in a language other than english. I'm so used to my team mumbling in Hungarian or russian it will make me feel at home. It will help get me past being so upset. If there is a long line the drivers may have to do a jig to pass the time. I own the road LOL. Greg you may want to let your guys know of this change in regulations LOL.

Production class in NASA appears to be the only place in the world that you have to use 2 piston calipers in the rear. Open class may be inevitable now.

As far as Idaho, I'm Irish so as long as there is beer to go with all those potaotoes I'm in.

On a serious note I'm hoping for no rain. I've worked too many events straight in the rain and snow. Its bad for morale of workers and makes it harder to get them to volunteer in the future if they have to suffer through too many hours of **** weather. You can usually get rallyists that aren't running the event, but regular joes would rather spectate and drink. at least if the weather is good they aren't fighting off neumonia.

I'm also hoping there is alot of beer at the cabin rms. HINT HINT. I have a drinking match with a Chilean to deal with Saturday night and Drunk Boy needs a reminder of what jesus would not do since he'll be back from Pat Robertson U. I may even get Fat Jesus to put a few away or at least bless the beer. We doing pancakes at the maple museum sat morning?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Makkinen II
I own the road LOL. Greg you may want to let your guys know of this change in regulations LOL.
Haha Will do. They wont be very happy about this new rule change lol.
BTW: Any one need a pretty cheap caged evo 4 rally car shell with a ton of good parts on it?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

I may let evo teams out of the new rules for comradery sake. Everyone else better bring their Rosetta stone and dancing shoes though lol.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

As far as the shell I do want to Greg. My wallet has other ideas though. If it's still around in the spring I might take it off your hands though. Just have to do some research as to what I'll need to get it running and how much it's going to run me.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Makkinen II
As far as the shell I do want to Greg. My wallet has other ideas though. If it's still around in the spring I might take it off your hands though. Just have to do some research as to what I'll need to get it running and how much it's going to run me.
This is a really good deal if you think about it and well worth the price. 2000 Mirage parts car with clean title - $2000 , used Proflex suspension- 2500, Autronic ecu 1000. So basically you get a tig welded caged shell with everything else for $500.

Quick Reply: Black River Stages 9/19-9/20