Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 04:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grillpt
This is nothing new... almost all the cars will change between now and the first race of the season. Also, RedBull skipped the first test last year too didn't they? That seemed to work out OK for them...
Well, I still think there is a lot of secrecy here and each will want to wait until the last minute to reveal what design directions each team has made....so on test day let the all the high digital photo shoot begin.
Along the same lines of design secrets and change, it appears that Ferrari has looked at their F10 entry and determined, how, I do not know(unsactioned testing is not allowed), that it is not fast enough and have decided to build a "B spec" of the F10 before they have even taken it to the track! I think the loss of some of their best personel over the last couple of years has really hit them hard.

Later, Ken
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Billy@EnglishRacing
Bring on Kimi!
Any car that is reliable enough to get Webber to the checker, should suit Kimi's luck.

On owning Spa Francorchamps....he did use all the track and a little "more" on that first lap to get the lead from Fisi's Force India.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Reliability wont pay Kimi's salary
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-One
Any car that is reliable enough to get Webber to the checker, should suit Kimi's luck.

On owning Spa Francorchamps....he did use all the track and a little "more" on that first lap to get the lead from Fisi's Force India.
I believe on the first lap he got into 2nd, it was after the safety car came in that he got Fisi going up the Kemmel straight.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

I believe on the first lap he got into 2nd, it was after the safety car came in that he got Fisi going up the Kemmel straight.
Ah yes, the Button/Hamilton/etc wreck all over Eau Rouge / Raidillon: On the restart he was certainly king of KERS.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Ferrari and Mclaren have now revealed their 2010 cars anyone else think that red bull is just waiting so that they dont have bits of their designs copied I think their reveal is on the 1st cant wait. I also happened to be looking back at some old bmw photos and that weird looking sabre tooth nose hope this wont be the "out of the box" thinking usgp/usf1 are using to design their car lol , I dont think thats a new CAD program (they really should change their name, or get the government to back them lol)
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by newevil
Ferrari and Mclaren have now revealed their 2010 cars anyone else think that red bull is just waiting so that they dont have bits of their designs copied I think their reveal is on the 1st cant wait. I also happened to be looking back at some old bmw photos and that weird looking sabre tooth nose hope this wont be the "out of the box" thinking usgp/usf1 are using to design their car lol , I dont think thats a new CAD program (they really should change their name, or get the government to back them lol)

They did this last year to. The don't unveil the car until real late

Here is some Ferrari **** http://www.planet-f1.com/Gallery_Det...0660_5,00.html
Old Jan 30, 2010, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Looks as if Stephan GP has bought Toyota or at least signed an agreement, there hoping to be on the grid in Bahrain. We'll have to see how that whole thing turns out...
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Looks as if Stephan GP has bought Toyota or at least signed an agreement, there hoping to be on the grid in Bahrain. We'll have to see how that whole thing turns out...

IM curious to see how many half assed cars make the grid
Old Jan 30, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Billy@EnglishRacing
IM curious to see how many half assed cars make the grid
Just like 1991, bring on the Pre-qualifying Bernie!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Any of you guys see this story...

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...897694,00.html

Why would Hami push for Jenson to be his team mate next year... If you ask me the answer is simple, he knows he can handle Jenson, the other guy McLaren were talking to, not so much. Thats OK though, the WRC season is going to be that much better to watch now... Just my .02...
Old Jan 31, 2010, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Hamilton has handled FA as a rookie, I seriously doubt he was worried about Kimi taking the #1 role as Kimi was moving towards #2 instead of an honest 1b at Ferrari.

Wishful speculation though.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

surfing streetfire and found this for any senna fans http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R...ood_204062.htm
Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Curing the Stewards Problems: FIA's Approach

As U may recall last year there were a number races were the race stewards/officials made questionable calls regarding the existence of driver infractions. The call at the time was, "The FIA needs to implant more experienced stewards to officiate the races." Well, what did the FIA do? They have required all teams to pay for a 1m sensitive GPS system to be installed in all their cars. The cost to each team, ~$80K. By so doing, they will supposedly be able to establish whether a driver did or did not yeild to lapping cars, crossing critical lines and chicanes, etc. In short, they abandoned the use of human judgement on the track to technology. That said, unless well coordinated e.g., when did the blue flag come up relative to the drivers position, and reliable, it may create more problems than it solves.

Later, Ken
Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Any of you guys see this story...

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...897694,00.html

Why would Hami push for Jenson to be his team mate next year... If you ask me the answer is simple, he knows he can handle Jenson, the other guy McLaren were talking to, not so much. Thats OK though, the WRC season is going to be that much better to watch now... Just my .02...
I'm sure that had something to do with it. Everyone has to know that Jenson isn't winning races without the best car on the grid, and it's going to be a lot easier for Lewis to ascert himself as the #1 driver with Jenson as his competition compared to Kimi. Something else to consider is that Jenson is great at not making stupid driving mistakes like a guy like FA, and sometimes Kimi. Lewis will be able to push for wins while Jenson will smoothly and almost contently push the car to a 2nd-5th place finishes, and almost guaranteed points. It's really a great way to go after the constructor's championship in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1