Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinD
see you guys at the melbourne race
I'll be in Kuala Lampur and Montreal, anybody else going to either of these two?

Malaysians make partying in Australia look tame

Scorke
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ken Anderson said that the change to require no refueling is the largest technical change on the cars in recent years. Bigger than all the aero and tire changes from last year. Dealing with that much weight in fuel, as well as the drastic difference in handling from start of race to end of race is a huge challenge. So this kind of levels the playing field again. You can't just assume that teams that were strong last year are going to be strong this year. And the new guys have a shot, just like Brawn did.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by scorke
I'll be in Kuala Lampur and Montreal, anybody else going to either of these two?

Scorke

definately wont be at KL it would be sweet to go to montreal too but i think the australia race is a good start for the season. if for whatever reason it looks like we may go, i'll definately post up and we can laugh at hamilton when he rear ends whoever it may be this time.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
definately wont be at KL it would be sweet to go to montreal too but i think the australia race is a good start for the season. if for whatever reason it looks like we may go, i'll definately post up and we can laugh at hamilton when he rear ends whoever it may be this time.
Sounds like a plan. Labatt blue's on me.

Scorke
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

I think that when we get the final announcement on which team will be on the grid, we should do a poll to see who is favored among the new team to out shine the rest of the new comers. Again I think that's kind of pointless. Reading through the thread it seems like people are favoring USF1.

Next year is going to be a very interesting one for sure with the driver switch, new teams, and new rules.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ The FIA have annouced all the teams for next season, I see no reason why one or more of them won't make the grid. The only thing that may change is if Renualt decides to sell and someone else buys the team... ie David Richards or whoever.

I hope to be in Montreal. We'll see how things work out.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke

Scorke
I will be at Montreal for sure, and possibly Indy.......
Old Dec 11, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

The biggest news yet in my opinion, is the new points system that has just been proposed. 25 for 1st 20 for 2nd and 15 for 3rd, very much like Moto GP and WSBK! And very much needed!!!
Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

^ You beat me to it. I was gonna post this very thing. I think the change will be good, although, finishing in tenth isn't going to mean squat when first is getting 25points.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

But that's the whole point! If you are consistantly winning races, than you should be running away with it! The current points system was put in place simply to attempt to prevent Shuey from making it impossible for anyone else to have a shot at the championship.
Don't get me wrong we all want to see close racing that comes down to the last race of the season, but at the end of it all we want to see the most deserving driver win!
Old Dec 12, 2009, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

So will it happen? Will the winningest driver in history REALLY come out of retirement? I'm biting my nails!!!!!!!

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/155278/...chumacher.html
Old Dec 12, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

^ Schumi's worth at least three times that amount. I don't see him coming out of retirement to earn that.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
^ Schumi's worth at least three times that amount. I don't see him coming out of retirement to earn that.

I disagree.

After leaving such an impression on the sport as Schumi did he has nothing left to prove. Given that, if he were to come back he would be doing it solely because he enjoys it and not because he is trying to accomplish something specific. He stayed as involved as he did with Ferrari not for the money ( IMHO) but because he loves the sport.

Coming back now, at this age, at this time in F1 I think is within his realm of possibility, you know inside he wants to lap Hamilton in the rain....

Scorke
Old Dec 12, 2009, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Scorke, I couldn't have said it better myself!!! You and I need to hang out!!!
If he signs, and the points system ends up being what they are saying, it's gonna be one hell of a season!!!!

If you're gonna go to Montreal, you have to let me know so we can meet up!
Old Dec 12, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NY Evolutionary
Scorke, I couldn't have said it better myself!!! You and I need to hang out!!!
If he signs, and the points system ends up being what they are saying, it's gonna be one hell of a season!!!!

If you're gonna go to Montreal, you have to let me know so we can meet up!
Haha, glad you agree

Sounds like a plan. Malaysia and Montreal for sure, havent decided on seats yet but I know I am doing both! I'm planning on taking the evo, enjoying the drive!

Scorke

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1