Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 06:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...961019,00.html

Anderson makes an announcement that they will not be at the first 4 races
Old Feb 20, 2010, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Billy@EnglishRacing
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...961019,00.html

Anderson makes an announcement that they will not be at the first 4 races
Ah Ken and Peter are doing the ol' "It's merely a flesh wound" routine...

Bring on Stefan GP (ersatz Toyota).
Old Feb 21, 2010, 02:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GT-One
Ah Ken and Peter are doing the ol' "It's merely a flesh wound" routine...

Bring on Stefan GP (ersatz Toyota).
Haha flesh wound more like the team has been secretly kidnapped and executed by Stefan gp
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JeffDOZ
FERRARI ROAD CARS FEEL ALONSO EFFECT

With the new F1 season just weeks away, sources in Italy say Ferrari is set to capitalise on the arrival of Fernando Alonso at the team with a brand new driving mode for its next generation of road cars. Sniff Petrol?s spies say the new setting will have an immediate effect on all aspects of the car, most notably making it instantly faster whilst at the same time more treacherous. And grumpy.

Ferrari insiders say that putting the car into Alonso mode will have other effects, such as increasingly hairy sunvisors and a sat-nav voice that suddenly develops an irritating lisp. However, it?s in the complex electronics of the suspension, engine and gearbox that Alonso mode really shows its stuff. Normally, these three entities work as one to the benefit of dynamics. However, in Alonso mode each area of the car ceases to be a team player and selfishly looks after itself.

Maranello engineers are said to be particularly excited about the Alonso mode?s stability control system which is understood to wait until you are in trouble and then just bugger off to another car. The same system is also said to feature a unique ability to wait until it detects that you are breaking the speed limit and then automatically call the authorities to grass you up. Ferrari insiders say that in early testing Alonso mode is already worth another five tenths of a lap around their Fiorano test track, although at the end of the lap the car then came into the pits in a massive sulk for no apparent reason.

The Alonso setting is likely to first appear on the forthcoming 599 GTO, due later this year. It is thought that the new mode will be engaged by turning Ferrari?s distinctive manettino control to the marking which depicts a duplicitous **** stabbing everyone in the back.
This must have been some sort of de-tune from the "Schumacher mode" were in the probably event that your passed the car actually punts others off the road and allerts the authorities to invalidate their drivers license for the personal affront. Then you get a quick bernie hand-job and a stack of cash prior to exiting the vehicle.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:17 PM
Former Sponsor

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...970277,00.html

Kimi news
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

If this is, in fact, true, it sure didn't take him long to realize Rallying was not for him! I think this a rumor at best; I'll believe it if it comes out of Kimi's mouth.

Later, Ken

Last edited by KPerez; Feb 22, 2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's funny. I don't recall who first brought it up, but we discussed this possibility WEEKS ago. Looks like another topic/story that we were ahead of the curve on. Go F1 fans on the Evo board.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Stefan GP: goen's on

Stefan, a "team" not yet accepted to the F1 grid, cannot get tires, so they have cancelled testing in Portugal. It appears the only way they will get tires is from Bridgestone IFF
(1)USF1 drops out
OR
(2) Bernie allows them to run in the first four races which USF1 has requested to miss. According to the Concord Agreement, they can only miss three races so this is an appeal for an additional race to be missed.

To me, USF1 will never be ready this year and their appeal is only delaying the inevitable. IMHO give Stefan GP a shot for it seems they got their s***t together.

Further along these lines, Stefan has committed to Nakajima as their first driver with old Jacque Villeneuve (sp?) in the wings pushing as hard as he can for the other seat...which seems likely.
Even if successful, it is unclear whether Stefan will become a crediable team despite their wise acquisition of the Toyota monoque w/o floor mats, of course.

Later, Ken
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GG06MR
That's funny. I don't recall who first brought it up, but we discussed this possibility WEEKS ago. Looks like another topic/story that we were ahead of the curve on. Go F1 fans on the Evo board.
I think we were all wishing and hoping and just kind of came up with the idea... i really hope to see it.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Campos news:

Originally Posted by Colin Kolles @ planetf1.com
"My role is to clean up the chaos! They had basically nothing, only chaos. The only department which basically exists is a software department, with eight guys who never saw an F1 car in their lives, and who are doing software simulation programmes. Then there are two or three engineers with F1 experience, and that's it. The real story is a crazy story, you understand..."
Wooow... makes USF1 look like a pro-shop by comparison (actually makes my basement look like a pro shop, now that I think about it). Makes you wonder how either of these teams ever got an entry.

l8r)
Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:57 PM
Former Sponsor

so whos up for building an F1 team? we can call it evoM F1. it will be comprised of all the engineers here on evom (there are a bunch of us ), we can have a pit crew of some of the many great mechanics here, and we can use JID2 and other fabricators to build the parts. of course just like USF1, no one will get paid. and i think its a close bet to assume few if none of us have F1 experience (so were on par with campos). anyone game?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
Campos news:

Wooow... makes USF1 look like a pro-shop by comparison (actually makes my basement look like a pro shop, now that I think about it). Makes you wonder how either of these teams ever got an entry.

l8r)
These teams made it in under the Bernie-Max show tent, but Stefan is left on the outside? What a farce. It seems Stefan GP would be able to put on a show (if they had tires) with the 2010 Toyota F1 equipment for the season, 2011 would be another story...
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinD
so whos up for building an F1 team? we can call it evoM F1. it will be comprised of all the engineers here on evom (there are a bunch of us ), we can have a pit crew of some of the many great mechanics here, and we can use JID2 and other fabricators to build the parts. of course just like USF1, no one will get paid. and i think its a close bet to assume few if none of us have F1 experience (so were on par with campos). anyone game?
I'm in, but only if I can be team principal. If Briatore could score Heidi Klum, then I can only imagine the hotties I could score in the same role.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Kevin i am in! Dibs on being the teams buyer and media liaison
Old Feb 23, 2010, 03:52 AM
Evolved Member

Ferrari's "invisible hand" and "Serbian Vultures"

It appears that Ferrari is still smokin over Mosley and cannot let it go (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81651). Interesting reading from the elitists of Ferrari although some of what they say is true.

Later, Ken

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1