Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2009, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not gonna be able to sit still in church!!!!!!

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/155295/...2010_deal.html
Old Dec 13, 2009, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree with you in the fact that he doesn't have anything to prove. Its not like he needs the money, believe me if he does come back no one will be cheering more for him then me. I just can't imagine him only making 7mil a year thats all. Schumi is a steal for that price!
Old Dec 13, 2009, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
I agree with you in the fact that he doesn't have anything to prove. Its not like he needs the money, believe me if he does come back no one will be cheering more for him then me. I just can't imagine him only making 7mil a year thats all. Schumi is a steal for that price!
Agreed, bargain of the year in F1.

BTW when i found out they weigh sub 1k pounds without ballast I almost died...

Scorke
Old Dec 13, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

I feel soo bad for Massa now, I have been a true "Tifosi" since the days F1 was live on ESPN2!!!!! But then of course I became a Shuey fan as well, so now I'm at a crossroads, do I root for "my team" or do I root for the best driver that ever lived? (my appologies to any Senna fans out there) my closet is full of red, but is there room for some silver in there?.............
Old Dec 13, 2009, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NY Evolutionary
I feel soo bad for Massa now, I have been a true "Tifosi" since the days F1 was live on ESPN2!!!!! But then of course I became a Shuey fan as well, so now I'm at a crossroads, do I root for "my team" or do I root for the best driver that ever lived? (my appologies to any Senna fans out there) my closet is full of red, but is there room for some silver in there?.............
^ I'm right there with you.

I'm on the fence between pulling for Vettel, Schumi, and Massa next season, choices choices...

Scorke
Old Dec 14, 2009, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

Ha! When Massa was sidlined, for the rest of season I was rooting for Vettle!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Ha! When Massa was sidlined, for the rest of season I was rooting for Vettle!
Me too

Scorke
Old Dec 17, 2009, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

So it's Official! "THE MAN" is back!!!
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/155421/...n_f1_2010.html

well almost official.... Hahaha!!!

Last edited by NY Evolutionary; Dec 17, 2009 at 03:45 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 03:50 AM
Evolved Member

I honestly stopped watching F1 when he quit

glad to see him come back
Old Dec 17, 2009, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Okay, on to other topics besides Schumacher.

USF1 is considering Kyle Bush?!?! I understand they want American drivers, but is this really the best we have to offer?

Marco Andretti maybe, but no NASCAR driver is gonna make the cut in F1.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I hate Nascar. And I hate Kyle Busch. But the guy can drive, he runs like every Nascar series and does some Grand-Am stuff as well - and he wins. But I don't think he will make the jump.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not saying the guy can't drive, but F1 is anther level!!! He should be be flattered, just being considered!
Old Dec 17, 2009, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Okay, on to other topics besides Schumacher.

USF1 is considering Kyle Bush?!?! I understand they want American drivers, but is this really the best we have to offer?

Marco Andretti maybe, but no NASCAR driver is gonna make the cut in F1.
I raced against Marco Andretti and beat him when we were giving up close to 40 lbs to him in go-karts, shoulda woulda coulda.... regardless if I was faster than him in anything with 4 wheels and an engine he doesn't have what it takes.

Marco is not ready, nor quick enough for that type of position or responsibility.

I think Kyle Busch could actually make it work just because of how hungry he is, Jeff Gordon tested a couple years back and did a swap with Juan Pablo Montoya and wasn't too far off the pace.

The best breeding grounds for the next USF1 will come out of some European feeder series (FBMW, F3...), it's sad that there is such a lack of talent coming out of our lower down open wheel series. Hardly anybody has come out of the Formula Mazda, Formula Atlantic to get close to F1 besides Scott Speed, and unfortunately we saw how long he lasted. The level of competition domestically is not enough to get anybody ready for F1, which makes it tough to have an "real" place to look for a candidate. Poor Seb...

American motorsports in the international stage has been lacking for quite sometime, however I feel the next 10-20 years it will get close to on-par with the established countries all across the world.

Scorke
Old Dec 18, 2009, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
I raced against Marco Andretti and beat him when we were giving up close to 40 lbs to him in go-karts, shoulda woulda coulda.... regardless if I was faster than him in anything with 4 wheels and an engine he doesn't have what it takes.

Marco is not ready, nor quick enough for that type of position or responsibility.

I think Kyle Busch could actually make it work just because of how hungry he is, Jeff Gordon tested a couple years back and did a swap with Juan Pablo Montoya and wasn't too far off the pace.

The best breeding grounds for the next USF1 will come out of some European feeder series (FBMW, F3...), it's sad that there is such a lack of talent coming out of our lower down open wheel series. Hardly anybody has come out of the Formula Mazda, Formula Atlantic to get close to F1 besides Scott Speed, and unfortunately we saw how long he lasted. The level of competition domestically is not enough to get anybody ready for F1, which makes it tough to have an "real" place to look for a candidate. Poor Seb...

American motorsports in the international stage has been lacking for quite sometime, however I feel the next 10-20 years it will get close to on-par with the established countries all across the world.

Scorke
The American USF1 needs to get in the car is Alexander Rossi. He won the BMW American series and is very fast. He recently tested for Sauber I believe, just a few weeks ago when all the teams were able to test there development drivers at Jerez. I say one rookie (american) and one veteran. Best of both worlds...
Old Dec 18, 2009, 06:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Any pics of the cars yet?

Retarded that f1-live.com is now an espn site.

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1