Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GG06MR
You're just proving my point. If 18 is already a hinderance to people making unimpeded qualifying laps, then 30 is going to make it infinitely worse. With 18, most of the time the faster cars aren't getting screwed out of a solid qualifying run, but with 30 cars on track at the same time you can flat out guarantee at least one or two of the quicker cars getting knocked out in Q1 because they couldn't get a clean run. That's simply unacceptable. And...Qualifying is not RACING! That's done on Sunday remember?! I for one want to see Schumacher, Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton, etc. battling each other instead of getting stuck towards the back of the grid and fighting to pass guys like Trulli, who are only good at blocking, just so they can maybe have a run at the podium positions towards the end of the race. Just my opinion.
I didn't read all this but a solution more cars means more qual time makes sense right
Old Mar 4, 2010, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by newevil
I didn't read all this but a solution more cars means more qual time makes sense right
In theory, but even with a longer qualifying session we all know that none of those 30 cars is going to be in the paddock in the last 3-5 minutes of the session, since they all want to be making their flying laps as late in the session as possible.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

You do realize there will already now be 24 cars on track right? That's why Q1 is so long to give everyone a chance to find space. Rarely are all cars on the track unless there is bad weather coming, or no one is sure about times.

There are all kinds of ways to get around qualifying, split sessions for Q1, set amount of laps, etc etc.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluestreak
You do realize there will already now be 24 cars on track right? That's why Q1 is so long to give everyone a chance to find space. Rarely are all cars on the track unless there is bad weather coming, or no one is sure about times.

There are all kinds of ways to get around qualifying, split sessions for Q1, set amount of laps, etc etc.
Yeah, it's going to suck under the current system. Mark my words, at least one of the top tier drivers is going to get hosed pretty regularly in Q1 this year....at least until the top teams b!tch about it enough to get the rules changed. I'm almost thankful that USF1 dropped out, or it could have been 26.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

But none of them work as well.

1. Split sessions= different track conditions for different competitors

2. Set amount of laps= different track conditions and being at the mercy of the competitors....

3. Set amount of cars for example= How do you choose who goes out when? Whats to stop teams from helping/hurting rivals and friends?

I hate to say it but the FIA has this thing pretty well worked out, if there was one part of F1 that I would say definitely DOESNT need changing its qualifying. It's exciting, suspenseful, and gives the teams and drivers MORE than enough track time to put down a flier in each Q section.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Rarely are all cars on the track unless there is bad weather coming, or no one is sure about times.

Or at the end of every session.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:47 AM
Former Sponsor

i joined the league billy i tried adding alonso and vettel and the only option was then to add USF1. haha
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KevinD
i joined the league billy i tried adding alonso and vettel and the only option was then to add USF1. haha

lol, i still might change my team around but i have an unannounced driver currently.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
Who did you pick for your engine supplier then? Honda?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

DD design: Controversy...again?

Well, it seems RedBull has asked for "clarification" on McLaren's double diffuser. According to Horner: "They have a slot on it and they can pick up a lot of straight-line speed. I think it will get resolved before the first race. We've asked the FIA for clarification although I think Ferrari are probably more excited than we are to be honest...and... the introduction of wing slot-gap separators several years ago was designed to stop attempts to stall wings... the McLaren design could be being used as a way of getting around the regulations....Basically, if you stall the wing you take all the drag off it and pick up straight-line speed... It's something that's been done quite a lot over the years but with the wing separators you're not supposed to do that.....Our question ultimately will be: Is it clever design or is it in breach of the regulations'?"
Even if it is within the regulations, DD design is still open with Brawn 's 2010 DD; recall that they will not reveal their final design until Bahrain so it will be at least a week after Bahrain before we know if Brawn's DD will also be questioned despite Brawn's persistent claim that it will be "within the framework of the regulations"...we shall see.

Later, Ken
Old Mar 4, 2010, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GG06MR
Who did you pick for your engine supplier then? Honda?

i figured having two good drivers and no engine wouldn't work so well. plus i'm guessing USF1 isn't going to be placing to well given the recent news so i fired alonso even though i really wanted him... he costs to much. having two decent drivers was better then one. plus i actually have a car now. engine points weren't that great so i sacrificed there
Old Mar 4, 2010, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Billy@EnglishRacing
The league name is EvoM. You do need need a password to join the league.

Start an account on there, then create a team. After you have created your team you can place that team in our league.
started an account but didnt get a password anyone else have this problem?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:05 PM
Former Sponsor

It emailed me one, then let me change it once i logged in. U know there is something about that in the FAQ
Old Mar 6, 2010, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Nevermind the guy said there was something wrong with his server so I'm in
Old Mar 6, 2010, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Best looking car of 2010

I vote lotus there's something about that shade of green

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1