Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2010, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaysia: Rain and lots of it

Melbourne was wet at the start but created a dry line not long after the race start. According to the weathermen..errrh...weather persons...heavy rain is expected from Friday through Sunday. So U think Melbourne had some attrition, expect even more in Malaysia; the team that imerges first from all the mayhem will be the winner.

Later, Ken

PS: I know something about the rain....underwater here in RI!...splash..glubb..gasp...bubble

Later...if it stops raining, Ken
Old Mar 30, 2010, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Wonder what will happen if Button finishes ahead of Hamilton again.... burnouts on Malaysia streets might have jail time!

Last edited by GT-One; Mar 30, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-One
Wonder what will happen is Button finishes ahead of Hamilton again.... burnouts on Malaysia streets might have jail time!
With how hyper-competitive the kid is, it wouldn't surprise me if he resorted to Schumacher tactics. He certainly couldn't deal with Alonso outperforming him at McLaren his rookie year, so I'm sure it'll only be worse now in his 4th year if Button continues to show him that you can win without outright speed.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 10:55 AM
Former Sponsor

I haven't seen as much of LH's dad on tv this year, and for that i am thankful
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Billy@EnglishRacing
In our F1 watching group we always viewed his father as his official fluffer, but-pirate and **** boy.

Seriously, they had as close to an openly homosexual relationship as any father/son combo in history.

LH is, and has always been a very fast driver, only to be toppled by his massive ego and Schumacheresqe tactics.

On a positive note: All * Spanking Squa made a solid leap up to third in the F1 league! Its interesting that I'm the only person to have selected McLaren as their car. They looked to be a solid and reliable choice, and with the bonus points for having both cars finish a race its a reasonable choice.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:49 PM
Former Sponsor

I am in 6th and couldn't be happier, yay not dead last like last year!
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GT-One
Wonder what will happen if Button finishes ahead of Hamilton again.... burnouts on Malaysia streets might have jail time!
If not jail time, then caning for sure.

l8r)
Old Mar 31, 2010, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

Actual Cause for Vettel Failure: Melbourne

Initially, the reason for Vettel's off was attributed to "brake failure" which Brembo, the supplier for RBR jumped in for a look see. Then reports claimed it was not the brakes per se (Brembo ) but rather the wheel was mounted incorrectly during his pit stop which resulted in the brakes failing.
Now recent reports from RB indicate it was neither of these but rather a failed "left front axle torque drive". This failure is more troubling for RB because it cannot be assigned to "bad luck" like the spark plug failure in Bahrain. Rather it points to the RB team's failures in an important component of the car, the drive train. The question is what other problems are lurking and may raise their ugly head in the races to come.

On another front, the FIA is not going to investigate RB suspension as to its legality; rumors by some of the other teams suggesting that RB is adjusting ride height before and after Qualy. However, this does not mean the FIA will not investigate same. Rather, they require a formal request to do such and as yet none of the teams have submitted a request to investigate.

Later, Ken
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Billy@EnglishRacing
!
He's no longer his manager so LHs fathers no longer at the races (good) no nicole sw------(bad, I have no clue how spell her name) , but consolation prize more michelle & jessica michibata a welcome sight indeed.

Last edited by newevil; Mar 31, 2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Addendum:

Originally Posted by KPerez
"...Also, contrary to earlier claims by Bridgestone, Sauber's car does not appear to have less tire wear than the other teams. De la Rosa said he was helpless in preventing Shumi and Algus (?) from passing in the final laps due to rear tire wear resulting in the lose of the last point...."
There is some more info regarding the above. Apparently De La Rosa hit some curbs pretty hard for he indicated that the "floor" of his car had cracked resulting in less downforce and more rear tire wear. Perhaps this is the reason he could do nothing to hold his position at the end of the race.

Later, Ken
Old Apr 1, 2010, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

Tire Wear and Future Race Strategies

Jame Allen analyzed the Melbourne race and made some interesting speculations that do not bode well for future dry races. Specifically, "The 50 lap stint on soft tyres was a step into the dark at the time, but its success for the top four cars means that it is very unlikely that anyone will try a multi-stop race as clearly the cars staying out will be able to hold track position.
It is now far more likely we will have one stop races like Bahrain, the
stop lap just decided by the size of the gaps between cars behind.
The only possibility for interesting races is if we have rain or if the softer tyre is so marginal that the front runners (who have to start on their qualifying tyres) are unable to build enough of a gap on the cars starting in 11th place and below.
We should enjoy the memories of Melbourne while we can."

Since rain is the forcast for Malaysia, it should be interesting to watch.

Later, Ken
Old Apr 1, 2010, 04:14 PM

I'm soooo pissed that this hotel doesnt have SPEED. I just recently moved and gonna be in a hotel for a few days. I guess it's LIVE Timing for me.

Hey, I always thought on the team photo after a race win, it didnt matter what place the other driver came in because he was still gonna be in the photo anyways. On the Mclaren site there is no sign of Lewis on the race win photo w/ the rocket red shirts. Heiki was always in the photo with Lewis on his championship run and we all know that he had some horrible races at mclaren.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 04:03 AM
Evolved Member

More Tire Stuff

There is talk that FIA will increase the size of rear tires from current 13" to 18" diameter to increase rear grip. What confuses me here is the loss of grip currently is on the fronts, not the rears, as a result of going to a smaller tire on the fronts for 2010. It seems like they are again making changes without knowing the consequences of these changes prior to a rule change...what else is new!

Bridgestone is out as next year supplier. Michelin has claimed that they will not return unless they are competing with other tire companys AND the FIA's environmental policies are to their liking..whatever that is, KERS return...longer lasting tires??? With regard to their first requirement, Kuhmo and Hancook are the other two companies mentioned that may be in the mix with Michelin for the 2011 season like the old days with Bridgestone and Michelin competing in the same year.

Later, Ken
Old Apr 2, 2010, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/cha...9/daily46.html

Put a fork in em.

Scorke
Old Apr 2, 2010, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by KPerez
There is talk that FIA will increase the size of rear tires from current 13" to 18" diameter to increase rear grip. What confuses me here is the loss of grip currently is on the fronts, not the rears, as a result of going to a smaller tire on the fronts for 2010. It seems like they are again making changes without knowing the consequences of these changes prior to a rule change...what else is new!

Later, Ken
While that makes sense in terms of handling/balance for the car. Perhaps the real reason may be to help curb rear tire degradation. Wider tires in the rear could mean, less wheel spin coming out of corners (upon throttle), which could equate to longer lasting rear tires.

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1