Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2010, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GG06MR
With how hyper-competitive the kid is, it wouldn't surprise me if he resorted to Schumacher tactics. He certainly couldn't deal with Alonso outperforming him at McLaren his rookie year, so I'm sure it'll only be worse now in his 4th year if Button continues to show him that you can win without outright speed.
I dislike Lewis Hamilton as much as anyone, but I wouldn't say Alonso outperformed him when they were together at McLaren. And I'd say a rookie year at a particular company still gives you WAY more of an advantage than someone who is in his second year EVER in the sport.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KPerez
There is talk that FIA will increase the size of rear tires from current 13" to 18" diameter to increase rear grip. What confuses me here is the loss of grip currently is on the fronts, not the rears, as a result of going to a smaller tire on the fronts for 2010. It seems like they are again making changes without knowing the consequences of these changes prior to a rule change...what else is new!
Later, Ken
That makes no sense. Most of the drivers are complaining about understeer this year. Adding rear grip will only increase understeer. Am I missing something here?

l8r)
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz
I dislike Lewis Hamilton as much as anyone, but I wouldn't say Alonso outperformed him when they were together at McLaren. And I'd say a rookie year at a particular company still gives you WAY more of an advantage than someone who is in his second year EVER in the sport.
In the first half of his rookie year Lewis was content to just finish on the podium, but when it actually started to look like he had a chance to win the title and it started to really matter, that's when the tables turned. In the first 11 races of '07, Lewis outperformed Fernando 6-5, but if you look at the last 6 races of '07, that's when Alonso schooled Lewis in 5 out of those last 6 races. That's a 10-7 advantage in favor of Alonso, so I stick to my statement that Alonso outperformed Lewis that year.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In the first half of his rookie year Lewis was content to just finish on the podium, but when it actually started to look like he had a chance to win the title and it started to really matter, that's when the tables turned. In the first 11 races of '07, Lewis outperformed Fernando 6-5, but if you look at the last 6 races of '07, that's when Alonso schooled Lewis in 5 out of those last 6 races. That's a 10-7 advantage in favor of Alonso, so I stick to my statement that Alonso outperformed Lewis that year.
Wait, you're right. That was Hamilton's first year, not his second. That only makes his performance against Alonso more impressive. As far as I know, Hamilton finished the season one point ahead of Alonso. That means he outperformed him as far as I'm concerned.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
Wait, you're right. That was Hamilton's first year, not his second. That only makes his performance against Alonso more impressive. As far as I know, Hamilton finished the season one point ahead of Alonso. That means he outperformed him as far as I'm concerned.
They both finished with 109 points, they both won 4 races, and they each had 1 DNF. Alonso's was an accident, and Hamilton's was driver error when he parked it in the sand while trying to enter the pits. Hamilton did a hell of a job to be that competitive and push the defending 2 time world champion that much in his rookie season, but in no way did he prove himself to be better than Alonso that year, especially down the stretch when it mattered most and the pressure was on.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 02:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by newevil
He's no longer his manager so LHs fathers no longer at the races (good) no nicole sw------(bad, I have no clue how spell her name) , but consolation prize more michelle & jessica michibata a welcome sight indeed.
I did not know that, this makes my day
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Looks like we will have another wet wet race. With the front runners starting in the back it should be another wild race
Old Apr 3, 2010, 02:56 PM

Lets just hope it's not so wet that it causes a repeat of last years cluster fark.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:13 PM

I know I could DVR the race and watch it in the morning but here I am watching Speed already.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zignus
I know I could DVR the race and watch it in the morning but here I am watching Speed already.
A brief NASCAR-free stretch of SPEED at that...
Old Apr 4, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Speed? What channel is that I've only seen the NASCAR channel being that 98% of their content is NASCAR.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 03:19 PM

Yes Speed sucks. But where else can I watch F1 and motogp? Only other thing I watch on Speed is pass time.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

It's pretty cool to have 7 guys within 10 points of the championship lead, one of which a Renault. Red Bull sure seems to be untouchable this year though, so their reliability really might be the only thing standing in the way of them winning their 1st constructor's championship. Pretty good turnaround for that languishing Jaguar team huh?!
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Pretty good turnaround for that languishing Jaguar team huh?!
Make that Stewart GP. Not a surprise though, so far, each stop for A.Newey has resulted (eventually) in a competitive F-1 car for that team(especially when there's plenty of $$$).

Quote of the race (transmission to Button): "...is going to pressurize.."
Old Apr 5, 2010, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Reliability: Worst Team...Sauber

Ok, now I am pissed with Sauber. They are even worse than some of the new teams from a finishing point of view. It is true some of the reasons have been racing incidents e.g., Kobay loss of wing in Melbourne or Barricello bogging down at the start of Melaysia (yeah I know, I am focusing on my prefered driver..can't help myself) but the others have all been mechanical failures and now the pneumatic system of the Ferrari engine resulting in total failure is sort of the last straw...conclusion...Sauber is hexed...no sponsers (shampoo eliminated..trivial income)...no innovations for future races....doesn't matter anyway with the failures...I am down on this team...I am cooked..going into a hole for awhile.

Later, Ken

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1