Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=GT-One;8165941]Make that Stewart GP. Not a surprise though, so far, each stop for A.Newey has resulted (eventually) in a competitive F-1 car for that team(especially when there's plenty of $$$).[QUOTE]

Stewart GP? Is that what the Jaguar F1 team was called before becoming Jaguar?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, Redbull is dominant if they can keep the cars running. Boring race after the first few laps. It was cool to see the guys charge through the field at the beginning. And then the Ferrari and MM battle was OK.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bernie two step

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/60...e-is-a-problem

Later, Ken
Old Apr 8, 2010, 04:31 AM
Evolved Member

Sauber: Key to Future Turn around

New Technical management may be the remedy...we shall see.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82768

Later, Ken
Old Apr 12, 2010, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

anybody want to go in with me on these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Formula-One-Mo...item3cabf69686
Old Apr 12, 2010, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by newevil
anybody want to go in with me on these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Formula-One-Mo...item3cabf69686
No thanks, I already purchased #1 of 2
Old Apr 12, 2010, 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by r.m.s.
The Race Was amazing! I hope they are all like that! but with fewer dnfs.

Hami is a nanny.

Great race... I can't wait to see what Kevin comes back with for photos and stories!

i took so many photos i don't know which ones to post just got back friday afternoon, and i'll get stuff posted. since it was already a few weeks ago it might already be old news though

funny story was how serious the aussies take their driving. for instance, the headline of every newspaper saturday morning was "LEWIS CAUGHT HOON DRIVING" i had no idea what hoon driving even was (for us non-cultured people, he was cited for doing a burn out in the company loaner mercedes on the street). if only i had been there to take pictures of him sitting on the curb as his car was impounded.

whats really odd is how the renaults sound sick (as in it sounds like a broken car) all the time, yet the red bulls with the same engine sound great. even though i don't like em, alonso and lewis are very obviously aggressive drivers and makes the race far more entertaining. watching schumacher sit behind the TR was a good example of not being aggresive enough (and very boring to watch).

when hamilton blew the pass at the end and webber hit him, i thought the fence was going to get torn down and hamiltons car thrown into the lake with him in it

V8 supercars are awsome to watch WAAAAAAY better then NASCAR, and essentially the same deal (i think 50% of the fans there were wearing ford/holden or vodaphone clothing, and not the F1 vodaphone, the V8 vodaphone.... i couldn't get within 100 feet of their pit to see the cars it was that popular. all the others you could walk up to.

pictures to come! (including a few of alonso on turn 1 lap 1 getting hit and then turned around)
Old Apr 12, 2010, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

^ win
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

FIA: Sunk to an all new low

To let these two loosers back into the sport (http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/00784) is an illustration of the character of Formula One at this time; Todt is now part of the problem!

Later, Ken
Old Apr 13, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by KPerez
To let these two loosers back into the sport (http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/00784) is an illustration of the character of Formula One at this time; Todt is now part of the problem!

Later, Ken

With all the crap thats been going on F1 keeps sinking lower and lower.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KPerez

Later, Ken
While I may not care for the worlds largest Oompa-Loompa or his fluffer, to be honest this decision makes a great deal of financial sense.

"both drop their respective legal proceedings against the FIA, as well as the FIA dropping it's case against them."

I spent 4 years auditing Microsofts legal spend (globally) and feel confident that the expenses to fight this issue would have been substantial, as well as time consuming.

F1 is a rich-mans club. Nowhere in the article did it say they would actually find jobs with a team, nor did it say they hadnt been unofficially blackballed. Just that they wouldnt be banned by the FIA. Which as we all know (right?) is most of european motorsports.

Certainly we all know by now that some other back-alley treaty has been made between them and my personal feeling is that it may have had to do with the financial backing of Oompa-loompa/fluffer being unable to sustain a drawn out legal battle.

My feeling is that they will find jobs in lesser forms of motorsports but never be involved with F1 (aside from spectating and impregnating the pit-babes of course) again.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
While I may not care for the worlds largest Oompa-Loompa or his fluffer, to be honest this decision makes a great deal of financial sense.

"both drop their respective legal proceedings against the FIA, as well as the FIA dropping it's case against them."

I spent 4 years auditing Microsofts legal spend (globally) and feel confident that the expenses to fight this issue would have been substantial, as well as time consuming.

F1 is a rich-mans club. Nowhere in the article did it say they would actually find jobs with a team, nor did it say they hadnt been unofficially blackballed. Just that they wouldnt be banned by the FIA. Which as we all know (right?) is most of european motorsports.

Certainly we all know by now that some other back-alley treaty has been made between them and my personal feeling is that it may have had to do with the financial backing of Oompa-loompa/fluffer being unable to sustain a drawn out legal battle.

My feeling is that they will find jobs in lesser forms of motorsports but never be involved with F1 (aside from spectating and impregnating the pit-babes of course) again.
Guess again, Bernie has recently hinted that Briatori "new role"could be an advocate or spokesperson for F1.
Briatori's legal action against the FIA was just huffen and puffen; he had no case to stand on..testomony from not only the driver but others in the Renault team stating that he and Simonds ordered the fake crash. There are times to stand up to principle and there are times to back off. This is a time for the former...time to say, no, U guys cannot rig races and threaten the lives of the drivers...this is unacceptable behavior and U are out for good. So what did the FIA do..sold their integrity and character to save some bucks...FAIL !

Later, Ken

Edit: The skids have been greased and one of them is already back (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82855)

Last edited by KPerez; Apr 14, 2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

2013: Return of Turbocharging and 1100hp?

Due to fuel consumption with normally aspirated F1 engines, turbo charging is being considered for 2013 season using a 1.5 litre engine. But guess who is not on board?
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=40494

Later, Ken
Old Apr 14, 2010, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ I find it funny that the FIA wants the teams to not spend so much but yet they continue to change the rules the teams have to follow. Thus resulting in the teams spending millions of dollars to R&D all the new equipment for the new regs. Unreal...

I like of idea of the teams only having X amount of fuel for the race weekend, this would open up the rule book to allow them to run any engine/drivetrain they wanted. ie... V6, V8, V10, V12, turbo, supercharger... anything.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor

^agreed, but you would have to really look hard at how much fuel that is because you would get teams that make monsterous engines that drink gas, and they would skip all the practices to not use the limited fuel they have. then the teams that have small engines that are really efficient would get whooped on the long straights and never be able to pass, even though they ran all the practices.

a solution would be to limit the amount of fuel for qualifying and a seperate quantity for the race.

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1