Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinD
remember all the automatic pit light incidents ferrari had?)
Ferrari doesnt have "incidents".
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
didn't hamilton cut across the bow of vettel going into the pit? vettel was in front from the in car, then hamilton cut across the white lines in front of vettel (almost exactly what alonso did to massa). i think that was what pissed vettel off, thus the reasoning for giving hami very little room (although any other team would have been penalized for leaving with a car there... remember all the automatic pit light incidents ferrari had?)
Yes, Vettel was pissed and who could blame him. However, it would take a cool cucumber to let go of the impulse, " What the hell are U doing?...UR are not going to pass me...I'll stop this by pushing U off into the pits" ..or some such thoughts rather than "Ok, the stewards will stick it to him..I will move over to prevent him from hurting someone in the pits". Yes I know these are split second decisions and when the blood is boiling, it is hard, very hard to keep a cool head especially when U R in UR twentys I might add!

Later, Ken
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

You know as a fan watching from the outside I will never complain about alonso,Hamilton or Schumachers driving why you ask, because they make it exciting for me the fan to watch . We can't forget racing is about beating the other person to the finish personally I applaud the slap on the wrist insted of bringing the hammer down they are professionals drivers at the pinnacle of motorsport & no one was hurt I say fair play.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Oh yea gotta love Chinese websites for me finally being able to see the race
Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
Ferrari doesnt have "incidents".
Nope.

Old Apr 22, 2010, 02:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by icantdrive75
Nope.

LOL...!

Later, Ken
Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

Denials: Truth or Fiction

When U keep hearing that such and such is just not true, it probably is. Take for example Alonso and Massa in China GP, http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83072. All week there have been these denials that Alonso and Massa are still in love with each other and mother Ferrari...I think otherwise...Massa wants a new contract and is having to hold his tongue...if he gets the contract, sparks will fly down the road.

Later, Ken

Addendum: Tires manuf. mix for 2011: Michelin, Avon and now Pirelli
Old Apr 22, 2010, 04:34 AM

Does anyone else think Ferrari and Merc, two legendary car makers, will enter into a double suicide pact if they loose the championship to an energy drink maker?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by newevil
You know as a fan watching from the outside I will never complain about alonso,Hamilton or Schumachers driving why you ask, because they make it exciting for me the fan to watch . We can't forget racing is about beating the other person to the finish personally I applaud the slap on the wrist insted of bringing the hammer down they are professionals drivers at the pinnacle of motorsport & no one was hurt I say fair play.
Rules exist for a reason, it's to keep things safe and protect the lives of those who take part in this already risky and dangerous sport. Without it you have anarchy. At that point you might as well start watching Nascar, rubbin' is racing, right?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

Four Races in and big changes are a com'en

One thing is certain about F1 and that is change and more of it. We haven't even reached mid season and already there have been discussions about rule changes to "liven up the show" but these pale in comparison to what is in store for next year: double diffuser and Bridgestone are out; turbo 1.5L, 670 bhp engines are in.
These are very significant changes and result in completely different cars for next year. One might say, "Yeah, double diffuser is old news and will result in less downforce grip and turbo's with smaller engine will/ may reduce speed." However, the tires are another story. Both Michelin and Avon want 18" wheels to be more "relevant" to the car industry. If inacted, and we should know by the Barcelona race, will result in the greatest design change: "Speaking to some of the F1 engineers, their feeling is that ironically the low profile tyre [on the 18" tire] will give a lot less grip than the current tyres, which will look like balloons in comparison. This would probably help with overtaking. The likelihood is that it will probably save some fuel, which is a useful environmental story. It is quite exciting for the designers as it will give some performance back via better suspension design. Furthermore if the teams could increase the size of the brake discs they could save a lot of cost longer term."
So under the guise of "relevance" and "green tech", we get a car in '11' that will be totally different from this years car and even more so in '12-13'. While it is true change in F1 is the norm, these alterations are more than just "...one small step..."

Later, Ken
Old Apr 23, 2010, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

Sauber: What gives

Rumors are that Pedro De la Rosa may be replaced by a frenchman, Filippi. Given all the problems Sauber has had I must say that their drivers have not been the problem. Rather it has been engine reliability, Ferrari's to be exact (apparently they are asking FIA for permission to modify to increase reliability) and bad luck (other drivers taking them out). So why is this rumor going around? Answer, money or should I say the lack thereof. Sauber has one sponcer, a Japenese shampoo company whose support probably consists of free shampoo to the whole Sauber team. Filippi brings $10 mil.

Later, Ken
Old Apr 25, 2010, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N2k6C3sp6E
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zignus
Does anyone else think Ferrari and Merc, two legendary car makers, will enter into a double suicide pact if they loose the championship to an energy drink maker?
If Ferrari losing to their former Technical Director in his own name branded car, and McLaren-Mercedes losing to what was then a customer car didn't do it last year, then I can't think that losing to Red Bull would be any worse for them.

So, does anyone else think that Ferrari screwed up by giving Domenicali the Team Principal job instead of RB?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KPerez
One thing is certain about F1 and that is change and more of it. We haven't even reached mid season and already there have been discussions about rule changes to "liven up the show" but these pale in comparison to what is in store for next year: double diffuser and Bridgestone are out; turbo 1.5L, 670 bhp engines are in.
These are very significant changes and result in completely different cars for next year. One might say, "Yeah, double diffuser is old news and will result in less downforce grip and turbo's with smaller engine will/ may reduce speed." However, the tires are another story. Both Michelin and Avon want 18" wheels to be more "relevant" to the car industry. If inacted, and we should know by the Barcelona race, will result in the greatest design change: "Speaking to some of the F1 engineers, their feeling is that ironically the low profile tyre [on the 18" tire] will give a lot less grip than the current tyres, which will look like balloons in comparison. This would probably help with overtaking. The likelihood is that it will probably save some fuel, which is a useful environmental story. It is quite exciting for the designers as it will give some performance back via better suspension design. Furthermore if the teams could increase the size of the brake discs they could save a lot of cost longer term."
So under the guise of "relevance" and "green tech", we get a car in '11' that will be totally different from this years car and even more so in '12-13'. While it is true change in F1 is the norm, these alterations are more than just "...one small step..."

Later, Ken
I thought the new engines wouldn't be introduced until the 2013 season. Next year is just tire and aero changes, with the possibility of KERS (yuck), no?

I sure as hell hope F1 does not make the mistake of allowing more than one tire manufacturer again. There is no better way to divide a racing series into the haves and have-nots than allowing two different tire manufacturers. With two different tire manufacturers in the mix, they'd almost have to introduce something like weight penalties to keep things somewhat even.

IMO a change to 18" tires would be silly, as it will introduce a lot of extra $$$ that the teams will have to spend to revise braking and suspension systems. Completely counter to the alleged cost savings initiatives - not that Ferrari would be complaining, I'm sure.

l8r)
Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...-us-gp-return/

"Ecclestone has been pushing for a street race with the New York skyline."

Maybe the smartest thing he's even done?!

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1