Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
Sporting events and stadiums have proven themselves to be a net negative return on taxpayer investment.

You would be better off taking the $25M taxpayer dollers and randomly selecting a few thousand low-income people and just giving them the money and collecting tax revenue off the items they purchase.
redistributing the money within the state really wont help anything (except for the few thousand people you give a thousand dollars too). its not enough to do anything in this economy. and your still going to have to take the money away from other people in the state, so it hurts those.

however, building the track, allowing teams from overseas to come and spend millions locally (money coming in from other areas), tourists and fans from other countrys and states all add to the economy here. thats where the difference is made it will more then exceed the 25 million we spend to bring in money from abroad. and like others said, it will be used for tons of different types of events, bringing people and races from all over.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 03:14 AM
Evolved Member

Istanbul Revisted

This picture (http://www.crash.net/f1/news/160331/...s_make_up.html) is the outcome when management decides to fix a problem: bring in the PR boys...a farce beyond description!
Bottom Line: There is still a lot of bad blood here and some stupid picture of harmony is not going to change anything...RB racing will be copying McLaren's "dance" for similar circumstances in the future...aka, "back off boys... we don't want to do anything stupid here."

Later, Ken
Old Jun 4, 2010, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KPerez
This picture (http://www.crash.net/f1/news/160331/...s_make_up.html) is the outcome when management decides to fix a problem: bring in the PR boys...a farce beyond description!
Bottom Line: There is still a lot of bad blood here and some stupid picture of harmony is not going to change anything...RB racing will be copying McLaren's "dance" for similar circumstances in the future...aka, "back off boys... we don't want to do anything stupid here."

Later, Ken
I'm sure the last thing they want to happen is a repeat of what happened at McLaren in 2007. You're right though. It's pretty ridiculous. And....you know we haven't seen the last of these two guys testing the waters of acceptible driving behavior for teammates.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Webber signed extension at RBR for 2011

Looks like Kimi might be taking another year off, unless Schumacher decides to go back into retirement. If not, then I just don't see any other teams that will be looking for an elite driver that he'd be interested in driving for.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

Tires for 2011: The Saga continues

Every week we hear, "In a few days a decision on the tires for next season will be made" but yet it never comes. What is going on here? Seems that FOTA is in favor of Pirelli. However, they, apparently, are not the ones making the decision. Rather FIA and Bernie (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84226). And it appears that it is Todt who is trying to keep delaying this decision. Why U ask? Because I think he wants the French based company, Michelin to get it over Pirelli.
Ok Todt, stop trying to look impartial and go ahead and give it to Michelin. This cat and mouse stuff is becoming rather annoying.

Later, Ken
Old Jun 9, 2010, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Monaco: Barrichello toss

This is a bit dated but I found this video (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/0...t-a-new-angle/) to be definitive evidence that Barrichello should have been penalized for his little temper tantrum. The comment by Malcolm.Strachan(sp?) is particularly relevant and on point.

Later, Ken
Old Jun 9, 2010, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

This is a bit dated but I found this video (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/0...t-a-new-angle/) to be definitive evidence that Barrichello should have been penalized for his little temper tantrum. The comment by Malcolm.Strachan(sp?) is particularly relevant and on point.

Later, Ken
Who cares...? This is another non-story, story.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
Who cares...? This is another non-story, story.
I shall have to look back to see if U have ever commented on stewards inability to make a correct call; Barricello is a good example...there are others and when it comes to safety, this is blatant example of their shortcoming.

Later, Ken
Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

I shall have to look back to see if U have ever commented on stewards inability to make a correct call; Barricello is a good example...there are others and when it comes to safety, this is blatant example of their shortcoming.

Later, Ken
Its still a non-story, story... That was two races ago, get over it. You wanna relagate him to the back of the field for tossing his wheel after he had a 160mph shunt. I can't say I blame the guy... You ever do any competative driving?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Position on Safety

"... I also think Hami should have gotten a penalty for his going into the pit antics when he was basically on the front straight and decided to pit at the last moment. I feel all the guys pulling shady moves like that entering the pits should have been penalized..."
I am a bit confused here: earlier this year (see above) you expressed concern over drivers "pulling shady moves" in the pit lane and that this behavior should have been "penalized" presummably by the stewards. But yet when another driver (Barricello) throws a steering wheel onto the track, potentially causing the following drivers to hit it (Alguersarri (sp?) did hit the wheel) and potentially cause another accident, U call it ok because he lost control of his car. In short, according to you, Hamilton's move was dangerous but Barricello's was not. These two positions are totally inconsistent.

Later, Ken
Old Jun 10, 2010, 02:57 PM
Former Sponsor

I am a bit confused here: earlier this year (see above) you expressed concern over drivers "pulling shady moves" in the pit lane and that this behavior should have been "penalized" presummably by the stewards. But yet when another driver (Barricello) throws a steering wheel onto the track, potentially causing the following drivers to hit it (Alguersarri (sp?) did hit the wheel) and potentially cause another accident, U call it ok because he lost control of his car. In short, according to you, Hamilton's move was dangerous but Barricello's was not. These two positions are totally inconsistent.

Later, Ken

i don't think hes saying that it wasn't a penalty, i think hes saying, he doesn't care because barricello was already crashed so penalizing him that race meant nothing. and a fine outside of the race isn't big news.

essentially hes say, who cares. (at least that was my interpretation of what he said)
Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
i don't think hes saying that it wasn't a penalty, i think hes saying, he doesn't care because barricello was already crashed so penalizing him that race meant nothing. and a fine outside of the race isn't big news.

essentially hes say, who cares. (at least that was my interpretation of what he said)
Exactly.

Jeez Ken, digging up old post... try not to take things so personal.

I do feel Hami's move in China was a lot worse than Rubino tossing his steering wheel in regards to safety. Lewis didn't get penalty.

Last edited by grillpt; Jun 10, 2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

You guys are bugging out! So........ who's gonna be in Montreal?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 03:45 AM
Evolved Member

Driving and Tantrums

Exactly.

Jeez Ken, digging up old post... try not to take things so personal.

I do feel Hami's move in China was a lot worse than Rubino tossing his steering wheel in regards to safety. Lewis didn't get penalty.
To UR second comment first, I agree to disagree (a la Vettel and Weber of late) that Hamilton was worse than Baricello's toss; Hamilton-Vettel incident was a driving/racing issue while Baricello was a temper tantrum. That said, both behaviors should not have been tolerated at this professional level of racing and all should have received penalties if the stewards were doing their job.

Regarding UR first comment: "It's not personal, just business".

Later, Ken
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:32 AM

Webber gets bumped to 7th for gear box change

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...0/6/10907.html

Not a fan of that rule.

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1