Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by grillpt
No, actually I wasn't. I'm just retarded... I didn't see the contact, I figured it was due to some type of coming together but remember seeing a replay of it. I was half asleep when I watched the race last night so please forgive. Did they say that and I just missed it?
Ooops. I stand corrected! Yes, he got hit.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport/...2/12480fcf2f12

Despite winning the British Grand Prix, the Australian driver Mark Webber is questioning his decision to re-sign with the Red Bull team.

Webber was furious after a new front wing was taken from his car before qualifying and given to teammate and bitter rival Sebastian Vettel.

The team said the German deserved the upgraded aerodynamic part because he was ahead of Webber in the championships - a situation which has now been reversed.

Webber says he'd never have re-signed for next year if he believed that was the way thinngs were going to work.

He now feels he should get the preference in new parts for the upcoming German GP at Hockenheim.

Team boss Christian Horner says he doesn't regret his decision to swap wings on the cars but admits he needs to talk to Webber.

Webber's now third in the drivers championship, behind Britons Lewis Hamilton in first place and Jenson Button in second spot
Old Jul 15, 2010, 07:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by GG06MR
I officially can't stand Webber .
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000

after he wins the race and says over the radio "Not bad for a #2 driver?!" What a freaking baby. I guess he has nothing to be upset about, since he clearly knows his place/status with the team.
he is a ****.

funny to see how much room "mark the ****" left sebi going exiting t1..............uh none.

I can understand in a way, as sebi pulled a webber / schumi move going into the 1st corner...but still...if webber was a man, he would of left room & he didnt....webber would have ressembled a racer & who knows where sebi would have placed his car.....but it didnt happen, due to the ****.

yeah, Mr. driver safety commity.......my a$$.

Webber's car should be sponsored by tapmax. fkn cry baby.

after saying all that, sebi should have driven straight to the corner & let happen, happen

FCK! doesnt the redbulll look like a dream to drive!?!!?!?! WTF, they are litteraly on a sunday cruise putting the car on pole, while everyone else has their sack on the line to qualy where they do!!

Last edited by Aby@MIL.SPEC; Jul 15, 2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC
FCK! doesnt the redbulll look like a dream to drive!?!!?!?! WTF, they are litteraly on a sunday cruise putting the car on pole, while everyone else has their sack on the line to qualy where they do!!
Yeah, I think RBR displays their true pace in Q3, which is really at least 3-4 tenths quicker than everyone else, and then they just dial it back during the actual race to maximize reliability. It's really very impressive. Reminds me of Ferrari in 2004, but without one of the drivers willing to play the role of Rubens, so they keep screwing things up.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I think RBR displays their true pace in Q3, which is really at least 3-4 tenths quicker than everyone else, and then they just dial it back during the actual race to maximize reliability. It's really very impressive. Reminds me of Ferrari in 2004, but without one of the drivers willing to play the role of Rubens, so they keep screwing things up.
More like Ferrari in 2002,03,04.

Rubens was never a match for Schumi to begin with IMO. I'm not saying he didn't get the short end of the stick on a lot of occassions, just that Micheal is far and away a quicker driver.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

More like Ferrari in 2002,03,04.

Rubens was never a match for Schumi to begin with IMO. I'm not saying he didn't get the short end of the stick on a lot of occassions, just that Micheal is far and away a quicker driver.
You mean was a quicker driver.

l8r)
Old Jul 16, 2010, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Silverston Addendum..but Computer go boom

Due to factors beyond my control, I was unable to comment on Silverstone results at the end of the race. That said, I do have one comment... BANZAI!

I agree that Weber has gone over the top as #1 whinner and I think it would be in his best interest to leave RB and go to Sauber and trade his seat at RB with Kobay....he will treat his new position with a little more respect. Now if that doesn't work, there is talk of Petrov being booted from Renault...Kobay would love to have his seat as well. Give the kid a faster car and I think some of the "big boys" will be looking over their shoulder.

To GG: regarding UR comment earlier suggesting MS would be faster if the car was customized around him as a driver...First, his car was already been adjusted and modified for him and yet he is still slower than Rosberg...he should never have come back but stayed retired and rested on his laurels. Second, if customization were performed for all the drivers they would all go faster. Many of the other drivers have not had the attention and alterations to their cars that MS has had. As a result, I still maintain that MS is done as a potential winner this year this year and should not return next year.

Later, Ken
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KPerez
To GG: regarding UR comment earlier suggesting MS would be faster if the car was customized around him as a driver...First, his car was already been adjusted and modified for him and yet he is still slower than Rosberg...he should never have come back but stayed retired and rested on his laurels. Second, if customization were performed for all the drivers they would all go faster. Many of the other drivers have not had the attention and alterations to their cars that MS has had. As a result, I still maintain that MS is done as a potential winner this year this year and should not return next year.

Later, Ken
No argument about them already doing everything they can do to tailor the existing chassis for him, but I think there's a big difference between in-season modification and starting from scratch with the entire design based around his personal driving style. Michael has always been known to prefer oversteer A LOT more than any of his teammates, and since he's well past his prime, then I'm sure he's going to need a perfect set-up for him to compete at the front.....just like Button does. Just my opinion.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

So the concensus here is that Alonzo finally shut up, Hamilton's father is no longer his fluffer and that Jacques is too irrelevant.

thus making Webber the de-facto town crier?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
You mean was a quicker driver.

l8r)
No, I think he still he is... People's expectations for Micheal were waaay to high for this season, esp since the car is not nearly what is was last year.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

Return of the dirt bags?

Bernie wants the Flav back but Todt now has to step up and say no way, no how for these dirt bags returning to F1 (http://www.crash.net/f1/news/161629/...e_symonds.html)

Later, Ken
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

No, I think he still he is... People's expectations for Micheal were waaay to high for this season, esp since the car is not nearly what is was last year.
Based on the results of the last race (and qualifying), I think my statement is irrefutable.

3rd place Nico Rosberg, qualified 5th
5th place Rubens Barrichello, qualified 8th
9th place Michael Schumacher, qualified 10th

As of last race, at least, Michael Schumacher is slower than Rubens Barrichello; clearly demonstrated by the fact that Nico both qualified and finished ahead of Rubens, whereas Michael, given the same car as Nico, both qualified and finished behind Rubens. Maybe Schumi will have better luck next year, but it ain't looking to get any better this year.

l8r)
Old Jul 19, 2010, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

First Alonso, now Weber: The apology

Weber has now taken the the fall for the "wing fiasco" and done due diligence by apologizing (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85355). However, I think this whole issue is, again, the result of management failure. Why didn't Horner sit down with Seb and Webber and explain the policy (the driver that is ahead in points gets the new part if supply is limited) before Silverstone: ? This is something managemnet is payed to do...anticipate a problem and correct it before it explodes in their face. So I cannot really blaim Webber for him claiming favoritism (although the RB owner definitely does not like him) when Vettel got the upgraded wing.
But this raises another associated issue, driver selection. When a team picks two drivers that are equal in skill, problems will arise. Claims of favoritism and preferential treatment a la Weber &Vettel,Hamilton & Alonso, Alonso and Massa, Massa and Schumi, etc. However, this problem does not raise its ugly head when the drivers are disproportionately skilled say like Schumi & Barricello, Kubica & Petrov, etc. So the bottom line is this: for the former, it takes an exceptional mangement team to pull it off while the latter does not. It appears that all the top teams are wanting in this catagory and need to go back to Management 101..methods in common sence.

Later, Ken
Old Jul 19, 2010, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
Based on the results of the last race (and qualifying), I think my statement is irrefutable.

3rd place Nico Rosberg, qualified 5th
5th place Rubens Barrichello, qualified 8th
9th place Michael Schumacher, qualified 10th

As of last race, at least, Michael Schumacher is slower than Rubens Barrichello; clearly demonstrated by the fact that Nico both qualified and finished ahead of Rubens, whereas Michael, given the same car as Nico, both qualified and finished behind Rubens. Maybe Schumi will have better luck next year, but it ain't looking to get any better this year.

l8r)
Ok.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KPerez
Weber has now taken the the fall for the "wing fiasco" and done due diligence by apologizing (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85355). However, I think this whole issue is, again, the result of management failure. Why didn't Horner sit down with Seb and Webber and explain the policy (the driver that is ahead in points gets the new part if supply is limited) before Silverstone: ? This is something managemnet is payed to do...anticipate a problem and correct it before it explodes in their face. So I cannot really blaim Webber for him claiming favoritism (although the RB owner definitely does not like him) when Vettel got the upgraded wing.
But this raises another associated issue, driver selection. When a team picks two drivers that are equal in skill, problems will arise. Claims of favoritism and preferential treatment a la Weber &Vettel,Hamilton & Alonso, Alonso and Massa, Massa and Schumi, etc. However, this problem does not raise its ugly head when the drivers are disproportionately skilled say like Schumi & Barricello, Kubica & Petrov, etc. So the bottom line is this: for the former, it takes an exceptional mangement team to pull it off while the latter does not. It appears that all the top teams are wanting in this catagory and need to go back to Management 101..methods in common sence.

Later, Ken
which ever way you look at it......it generates publicity for Red Bull Racing....

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1