Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo spec D
which ever way you look at it......it generates publicity for Red Bull Racing....
Ask Tiger Woods if he thinks even bad publicity is good publicity.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GG06MR
well that is a bit extreme........lol
Old Jul 20, 2010, 03:45 AM
Evolved Member

Renault got a seat open?

Well it looks like Petrov's lack of points or really driving inconsistency and DNF's, given the car, is catching up with him and he may be looking for another seat. This has lead to speculation on who would replace him in a car that has been improving every race. The list is long (http://www.crash.net/f1/news/161713/...t_renault.html) and Heidfeld may be the man but my boy, Kobay is also on the list. If offered, he would take it but Sauber will come up with the $$ to keep him...too bad since he could match or even better Kubica if given the chance.

Later, Ken

Last edited by KPerez; Jul 20, 2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

well that is a bit extreme........lol
Yeah, no doubt. I was just trying to make a point that not all press is good press.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KPerez
Well it looks like Petrov's lack of points or really driving inconsistency and DNF's, given the car, is catching up with him and he may be looking for another seat. This has lead to speculation on who would replace him in a car that has been improving every race. The list is long (http://www.crash.net/f1/news/161713/...t_renault.html) and Heidfeld may be the man but my boy, Kobay is also on the list. If offered, he would take it but Sauber will come up with the $$ to keep him...too bad since he could match or even better Kubica if given the chance.

Later, Ken
Kobay would be a great choice for Renault to replace Petrov. I think he'd get in that car and be pretty quick right out of the gate.

Also, I've been thinking lately that if Webber doesn't chill out, that he may be out of RBR sooner rather than later, and I think Heidfeld just might be the kind of guy that RBR would sign to replace him. Nick has always been consistent, and not overly quick like his nickname suggests, so he'd consistently score points for RBR, but not challenge Vettel for #1 driver status, so things would run much smoother within the team. Similar situation to how Button has performed at McLaren.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Kobay would be a great choice for Renault to replace Petrov. I think he'd get in that car and be pretty quick right out of the gate.

Also, I've been thinking lately that if Webber doesn't chill out, that he may be out of RBR sooner rather than later, and I think Heidfeld just might be the kind of guy that RBR would sign to replace him. Nick has always been consistent, and not overly quick like his nickname suggests, so he'd consistently score points for RBR, but not challenge Vettel for #1 driver status, so things would run much smoother within the team. Similar situation to how Button has performed at McLaren.
as long as webber is winning it would be a mistake
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

as long as webber is winning it would be a mistake
Does that mean that you think that Alonso should still be at McLaren, because that didn't work out too well, and they pretty much had to deal with the same B.S.?
Old Jul 20, 2010, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, when two drivers R fighting for wins and each are evenly matched, there will be trouble. This is what I was getting at earlier: have equally matched drivers or one fast one with the other consistent but level headed,,,Baricello (sp?) like. I think the latter has better chance at being winning TEAM ticket combo and McLaren has it because Button is the level headed of the two as U point out.

Later, Ken
Old Jul 20, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

For Webber to leave, some other team would have to buy out his signed contract with RB as well as pay him similar salary...therefore, it would have to be one of the teams with big pockets.

Later, Ken
Old Jul 20, 2010, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Hold on let me call him............... he says your a d*** lol jk

I think webers comments were justified now that hes proved his worth hopefully things will just get better from here for the team although if mclarens blown diff works and they claw back those 7/10ths itll be a good battle for this seasons downhill slide.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

For Webber to leave, some other team would have to buy out his signed contract with RB as well as pay him similar salary...therefore, it would have to be one of the teams with big pockets.

Later, Ken
I believe you're right about that, and unlike Kimi, I think Webber wants to stay in F1 for at least a few more years.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by newevil
Hold on let me call him............... he says your a d*** lol jk
Haha. Yeah, I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate that comment.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

Hockenheim: Anyones Guess

Bridgestone is offering the super soft and prime/hard tire for this race. In addition, rain and cold is forcast for Friday and Saturday which will make setup and qualifying a challenge. How to get the tires up to temp and stay on track will be difficult for all. Look for some interesting racing.

Later, Ken
Old Jul 22, 2010, 04:31 AM
Evolved Member

FOTA vs Bernie: Irresistible force meets an Immovable Object

As U R aware, FOTA almost broke away from FIA and Bernie's strangle hold but ultimately agreed to sign the current Concord Agreement. This comes up for renewal in 2013.
Bernie over the last number of weeks has demanded that sponsor banners be pulled down within "his" paddocks because he wants the associated $$$. There has been no resolution but the teams will probably relent and share the revenus with Bernie. In short, this is but one example of where there is tug and pull for $$ between the teams and Bernie (see Bernies comments about the viability of FOTA : http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...ie-ecclestone/). The upcoming Concord negotiations for 2013 could be where the rubber of FOTA and FIA&Bernie meets the road...FOTA wants more of the action and Bernie knows it....and the veiled threat is FOTA may abandon the FIA and Bernie and form their own F1 racing venue.
At present everyone is holding their cards close to the vest. Apparently Bernie can't take the suspense anymore...he may have sent his close friend Briatore, the dirt bag (like the Godfather sent Lucabrotze to Sollotso), to feel out Montezemelo regarding his and other FOTA teams objectives (see http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/) ...I think this is the most likely of Allen's scenarios...time will tell if "negotiations" or revolt wins the day.

Later, Ken

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/

Last edited by KPerez; Jul 22, 2010 at 04:34 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Testing Between Races: Revisted

At least one of the slower teams agrees:http://www.crash.net/f1/news/161174/...hi_to_pit.html

Later, Ken
Edit: although he is including all the teams, not just the new ones
No, I have not denegraded to just commenting to myself but rather following up on an issue Kevin raised earlier, namely between race testing. The question was raised by some teams, probably McLaren and Ferrari, about reinstating this for all teams (although Kevin was talking about just the new slower teams) and this is the latest on that:
"Test Ban Easing Opposed By Smaller Teams: Half of F1's competing teams are opposed to proposals to relax the current ban on in-season testing. Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports that while the opposition of low-budget newcomers Lotus, Virgin and HRT was expected, also Force India, Sauber and Williams want the current restrictions to remain in place. "We would have to re-establish a separate test team," said Peter Sauber, "which is an unnecessary expense." Williams' technical director Sam Michael added: "The current system guarantees equality of opportunity." And Force India's Otmar Szafnauer confirmed: "We are opposed to changing the current test rules." He said the F-duct and the blown diffuser are examples of the test restrictions equalizing the race for development in today's Formula One. Mercedes' Ross Brawn said he is not in favor of a return to the days of endless testing. "We have to find a good balance," said the Briton. "For example, we should not go back to having extra teams for testing."

So the smaller, slower teams are the ones opposing this restriction for financial reasons alone. In short, they will be langusihing in the rear for some time.

Later, Ken

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1