Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ absolutely.

I get the feeling that after Alonso won his two championships, either his ego is now superinflated, or he is so desperate, that any ethics have gone right out the window with him and he's willing to do anything to win. Seems pretty obvious when you look at his track record over the past few years ... McLaren scandal, Renault scandal, Ferrari scandal... all with Alonso claiming ignorance/innocence. Riiiiight.

l8r)
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Austin F1 track build site has been released.

http://www.statesman.com/business/fu...ed-825045.html

I had found and posted this info a couple months agos before it was offical, in the North Texas Evo Club forums on here, but it is now confirmed. I can't wait.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

FIA Testing Standards: Realistic?...Flex-front wing Revisted

If an organization like the FIA sets up standards and limits for cars, the testing to establsih whether each conforms should be realistic i.e., they should be made under race conditions. Case in point, the front wing. The downward flexing of the front wing is restricted to some figure. To ensure that this spec is met 50kg of force is applied and a measurement made. However, according to James Allen(http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/) 200kg of force are actually realized during racing conditions i.e., 4x more force than the spec. The photographic evidence, while rather subjective, suggests that RB and Ferrari have now similar but lower deflections than say McLaren.
My point here is , what is the FIA doing? Why would you create a spec that is totally unrealistic? By so doing, RB and now Ferrari have and are now ahead, respectively, of the rest and will only result in the other teams trying to catch up and make their copies; it now may be to late given that half the season has already passed for them to catch up with points.
I understand that all teams are attempting to find any weakness in the regulations; this happens in all racing venues whether it be 12m sailboats or cars. That said, it is incumbent on the regulalting body to generate spec's and criteria that are realistic under, not only static but dynamic racing conditions as well. This front wing spec is a clear, quantitative illustration of the FIA's incompetence. Well, one may say, "That's racing"... but is it? The more affluent teams can afford to put resources into more engineers to find such deficiencies in the reg's especially when the holes are big for they are easier to find. If U also have the $$ to impliment physical changes like a high down force flexi wing, U win races. Given this reality, it raises the question as to whether F1 should have any regulations at all...but I digress...yet again.

Later, Ken
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Seems Monaco got a new 10yr deal... Like that race was gonna go away.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

^ Bernie is such a two face! Just trys to stir the pot to his own benefit. as an example, he now says that F1 doesn't need anymore than 10 teams..completely contrary to his comments at the beginning of the year. In addition, he just stated that the rules about team orders should be changed and yet he is supposed to be part of the F1 system enforcing these same rules.

Bernie, here is some advise, it is time to hang it up and find something else to do otherwise U and UR other rich friends R going to continue to lower the fan base for F1.

Later, Ken
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:41 AM
Evolving Member

Bernie loves controversy
Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Some Good News

" Luca di Montezemolo could be set to leave Ferrari. It is reported that French broadcaster TF1 is predicting a change at the top of the Maranello based team."
Go and never come back!...BTW, on UR way out, take Briatore and Simmonds with U.

Later, Ken
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

^+1!!!!!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

RedBulls are over 1sec up on the field in P1, Kubica in P3.

I like the Hungaroring... Doesn't always put on the greatest show (unless it rains, then all hell breaks loose usually), but it is a cool track.

Should be an interesting weekend...
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Next year, Pirelli will finally get that elusive win at the Hungarian GP.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 06:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
i wished the fia would have reversed the finishing order & still fined ferrari 100k.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Unhappy

Looking forward to tomorrow's first lap, first corner(likely as close as any other team will be... if the RR can race lap a second faster than the others.)
Old Jul 31, 2010, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

I'm hoping Alonso takes both the redbulls out on the first turn and massa wins lol. It now seems all the controversy is with the flexing front wings I remember watching a replay of vettel comming off a straightaway from an onboard shot it had to have moved about 4-5 inches just from what I saw on screen & in some of the pics taken it only a couple mm off the ground if that. I don't really care about this sprit of the regs crap I like to see teams find loopholes that others miss that give them the advantage to me it's what formula 1 is all about
Old Jul 31, 2010, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Redbulls got that ish locked up tomorrow if they don't kill each other...

The battle will be for third.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^Looks like Schumacher was the only one out to kill someone at that race. That blocking was ridiculous and increadibly dangerous. Here is a video if you missed it, not to mention if someone would have been exiting the pit at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRv0AfpIANo

Last edited by nudge120; Aug 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1