Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 03:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldschoolEVO
Schumacher apologises to Barrichello

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85828
Hopefully he will do it person rather than threw a website.

Addendum: This from one of the stewards: "I believe we had three laps to disqualify him from Budapest, and throwing a black flag would have shown a better example to our young drivers that we will not tolerate that kind of driving.

"But by the time we got the video evidence we ran out of time and we had to do it retrospectively.

"We inteviewed Rubens and Michael and it was kind of disappointing how Michael handled it, and we had no option but to give him a 10-place penalty. If we had enough laps (we could have disqualified him) but you have to have video evidence and make sure all four stewards are in agreement."
At least some of the stewards had the correct response although I am confused about the need for the extra video evidence of "laps" to demo the infraction.

Later, Ken

Last edited by KPerez; Aug 3, 2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't imagine Micheal would apologise to Rubens in person... I just don't see that happening.

So now the summer break, three weeks off and then we to go Spa. YAY!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

And Spa in 720 at that, the Fox delayed 480 races are done! (although SPEED was good about showing the HD version on the following Tuesdays). With all the wimpers from MacMercs regarding lack of development during the break, I suspect they might be back in it just due to their engine power advantage at Spa.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GT-One
And Spa in 720 at that, the Fox delayed 480 races are done! (although SPEED was good about showing the HD version on the following Tuesdays). With all the wimpers from MacMercs regarding lack of development during the break, I suspect they might be back in it just due to their engine power advantage at Spa.
Curious to see if the F-duct will play a major role in the race. Spa is fast, which should make the McLaren boys very competitive.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I believe the schumi punishment was weak... Rubens was nearly pushed into the wall & then onto the grass........at the fastest point of the circuit!!

I wonder if there will be any payback going through or at the end of eou-rouge?

ohhhhh, i dont want to see weber win the championship....as with hamilton, we are witnessing vettel throwing away the championship due to judgemental errors.....

maybe it was spoken about in earlier posts, but what if vettel was asked by the team put some distance between himself & webber; not knowing about the 10 car gap, so webber wouldnt get shuffled back during webbers pit stop?

Let's face it, team-mate or not, i will be on anyones a$$ during a restart forcing the issue....not lagging back the way vetttel was, who basically fkd himself out of a race win & possibly the championship.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

More on the Flex Wing or is Adrian Newey a God?

Trying to play catch up is difficult...sources of the RB advantage: The Flex wing or something else:

"It is now being suggested in F1 circles that flexing endplates is only part of Red Bull's story. It doesn't just seem to be their wing that flexes,...Indeed, further scrutiny of the flexi-wing photographs from Hockenheim and Hungary seem to show Red Bull's entire front nose - not just the wing and its extremities - much closer to the ground than any of their rivals, including Ferrari.
How the team is achieving this is unknown, but the manner in which Sebastian Vettel's prototype broke at the mounting at high speed on Hangar straight during third practice at Silverstone might be a clue.
Another theory is that the front of the floor of the car is flexing toward the ground on track, while the rear is lifting. And it is believed the flexing of the rear floor in particular would have a radical effect in terms of the front wing height."
"I've heard rumors about all sorts of things going on, including flexible floors,"...

Later, Ken

Last edited by KPerez; Aug 6, 2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard about the endplates flexing... and the floor flexing... but the entire nose section of the car??? Wow!

But according to Red Bull the parts of the car didn't flex under the required loads of the FIA tests... so if they don't... then technically they aren't breaking any rules right? lol
Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

I remember reading or seeing something about the rule of moving aerodynamic devices and it said the front wing was tested by placing a weight in the center of the wing which of course on the red bull or any of the cars dosent flex so flexing end plates are well within the rules plus I think mercedes & mclaren have now withdrawn their protest meaning their working on a version of their own. I kind of feel sorry for the mclaren engineeres because theyll bascially be working their asses off from the end of august until the aug. break next season because their still kind of in the fight but I think its a slim chance that theyll win.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

All the teams will spend millions on these new front wings, then two weeks later Charlie Whiting will ban them and it will all be for not. What a waste...

How can RB have movable floors also? They banned them in 2007 when Ferrari used that on their car...
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by grillpt
All the teams will spend millions on these new front wings, then two weeks later Charlie Whiting will ban them and it will all be for not. What a waste...
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Or... all the teams will develop flexing parts... and they won't be an advantage anymore because everybody will have them. Just like with the F-Duct!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grillpt

How can RB have movable floors also? They banned them in 2007 when Ferrari used that on their car...
I think the thing is... there are certain parameters the FIA use to test these flexing parts... and Red Bull is designing these parts so that they won't flex under those test loads... only once those forces are exceeded.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

FIA vs Ferrari: Will Todt choose the dark side?

Must reading: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=41729

Later, Ken
Old Aug 11, 2010, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

^ No matter what the finding are someone is going to be unhappy with the outcome. Todt really can't win in a case like this...

My personal opinion, let's move on with the season. I hate the way the FIA take so long to make these decision's. At least with NASCAR they make a call either during, or a few days after the race. Never will you have another race or multiple race's in between.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Here's a great article on the Austin GP. Definitely the most complete article I've read so far: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=41723

l8r)

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1