Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grillpt
Strictly a racing incident IMO. Vettel should never have been given a drive through for that...
i'd hardly call it a racing incident but i agree with him not needing a penalty for it
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Vettel this year reminds me of Hamilton in 2007. At the rate he's going, he's going to end up losing the championship through nothing but his own fault(s).

l8r)
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

^...a heavy dose of patience and some serious thinking before he makes moves he cannot achieve...otherwise he is not going to make it.

Later,Ken
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Kobay has secured his seat for '11'

I NO U guys don't care, but Kobay is definitely not a flash in the pan; (http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...formula-one/); perhaps Heidfeld with a more competitive car (since they R getting more sponsors) for next year will result in Sauber challenging the also rans.

Later, Ken
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:52 PM
Account Disabled

^ If Sergio Perez gets the seat I wouldn't be very bothered either he's fast and humbled plus he'd bring the perfect sponsorship with him, Temex. Kobay is definitely not a flash in the pan if Sauber gives them the right equipment next year I think we'll see a podium finish or consistent points scoring.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by OldschoolEVO
i'd hardly call it a racing incident but i agree with him not needing a penalty for it
What would you call it then?

Sometimes in racing guys wreck, sometimes they take out other cars when doing so... Its a racing series, not a parade, and its all part of the game.

I forget who the driver on the Stewards panel was this weekend... Brundle? Whoever it was should be ashamed of themselves for allowing that penalty to happen.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm one of the people who think Vettel deserved a penalty. I am a huge McLaren fan... but that's not the only reason I want the penalty. Vettel was driving like an *** that day. Racing incidents are one thing... but when pull a bone-headed move like that... that's just retarded. He wasn't going to accomplish anything with that move. And Button was just sitting there... minding his own business and Vettel speared into the side of his car... ending Button's race. It looked almost like a guaranteed McLaren 1-2.

To give an example of a "racing incident"... that would be Rubens on Alonso. He just went in the corner a bit too fast while driving normally and didn't have traction to stop. He wasn't trying to pull any Kamikaze moves... it's just something that happened. Vettel's incident was really avoidable.

Oh... and the pro driver on the panel was Nigel Mansell. I think Brundle is a commentator for BBC.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KPerez
I NO U guys don't care, but Kobay is definitely not a flash in the pan; (http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-vitantonio-liuzzi-kamui-kobayashi-to-stay-put-for-11-formula-one/); perhaps Heidfeld with a more competitive car (since they R getting more sponsors) for next year will result in Sauber challenging the also rans.

Later, Ken
Well Kobayashi looked great in the Toyota.... so what happened this year? Crappy car? Or he was just driving hard before to get into F1?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Crester
I'm one of the people who think Vettel deserved a penalty. I am a huge McLaren fan... but that's not the only reason I want the penalty. Vettel was driving like an *** that day. Racing incidents are one thing... but when pull a bone-headed move like that... that's just retarded. He wasn't going to accomplish anything with that move. And Button was just sitting there... minding his own business and Vettel speared into the side of his car... ending Button's race. It looked almost like a guaranteed McLaren 1-2.

To give an example of a "racing incident"... that would be Rubens on Alonso. He just went in the corner a bit too fast while driving normally and didn't have traction to stop. He wasn't trying to pull any Kamikaze moves... it's just something that happened. Vettel's incident was really avoidable.

Oh... and the pro driver on the panel was Nigel Mansell. I think Brundle is a commentator for BBC.
Thats who it was Mansell... Thanks.

If anything I think the opposite, Vettel was trying to pass, lost the car and hit Button. Rubens went flying in when he could clearly see the cars in front of him going off and still drove it in too deep. I still don't think that deserved a drive through either, both racing incidents IMO. Rubens could at least see the trouble coming...
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
Vettel this year reminds me of Hamilton in 2007. At the rate he's going, he's going to end up losing the championship through nothing but his own fault(s).

l8r)
I agree... even in the incident between Vettel and Webber... it later came out that Vettel pulled that bone-head move because he was worried about losing his #1 status in the team to Webber... and he wanted to show his dominance.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Crester
Well Kobayashi looked great in the Toyota.... so what happened this year? Crappy car? Or he was just driving hard before to get into F1?
Wings falling off, engine failures,hydraulics, etc. in early season...in short, answer is car but also some more seat time...he now has more points than Petrov and Hulkenberg who have faster cars...In addition, Qualy has been a real problem for this team...they have to do better...a lot better.

Later, Ken
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KPerez
Wings falling off, engine failures,hydraulics, etc. in early season...in short, answer is car but also some more seat time...he now has more points than Petrov and Hulkenberg who have faster cars...In addition, Qualy has been a real problem for this team...they have to do better...a lot better.

Later, Ken

no doubt hes driving a terrible car... to bad cause two years ago it was a SWEEEEET car.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
What would you call it then?

Sometimes in racing guys wreck, sometimes they take out other cars when doing so... Its a racing series, not a parade, and its all part of the game.

I forget who the driver on the Stewards panel was this weekend... Brundle? Whoever it was should be ashamed of themselves for allowing that penalty to happen.
i assume you weren't watching the same race i was cause there was more than enough room to button's left to attempt a pass. but hey lets crash into each other cause its part of the game
Old Sep 1, 2010, 03:41 AM
Evolved Member

More on Flex wings and floors

Interesting points made by JA (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/)...half loaded front wings causing instability...new floor stays breaking at Monza...must reading.

Later, Ken
Old Sep 1, 2010, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

^^^^ 404 Page not found.

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1