Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Very interesting race with lots of passing and battles. I'm guessing everyone else also enjoyed RedBull team orders, "There's something wrong with my engine!", then Weber passes by and magically Seb's car is running fine. Like you guys, I'm wondering why Hulkenburg didn't get a penalty.

Thanks goodness Valencia doesn't seem to be on the schedule for 2011, say NO to all street circuits, except Monaco. Japanese and Korean grand prix! Yay!

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; Sep 13, 2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
Very interesting race with lots of passing and battles. I'm guessing everyone else also enjoyed RedBull team orders, "There's something wrong with my engine!", then Weber passes by and magically Seb's car is running fine. Like you guys, I'm wondering why Hulkenburg didn't get a penalty.

Thanks goodness Valencia doesn't seem to be on the schedule for 2011, say NO to all street circuits, except Monaco. Japanese and Korean grand prix! Yay!
June 26th, European Grand Prix.

We should be so lucky.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ugh, Valencia sucks.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

Silly Season: Part 1

DeLaRosa out for rest of '10 season, Heidfield in to replace. But Pirelli still wants his services for testing...predict Sauber will let this continue to their benefit for info on new tires for "11"...will Pedro take up the slack for Pirelli?...if successful, Pedro could creep back in but only as a test driver to the highest bidder.

Kimi looking for seat in '11' from Renault...Russian market posibilities is only reason Petrov alive....any more screw ups and poor performance, he is out for sure...question is, what does Kimi want for salary...is Renault willing to cough up the $$?

Later, Ken
Old Sep 14, 2010, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Very interesting about Nick... Was never a huge fan of his, he could never get it done. As far as the Pirelli situation is concerned, I was under the impression that they couldn't use a driver currently on the grid for tire testing?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kimi wants to get back into Formula 1? Is his rally career not going so well?

I'm not sure if he's one to care about money. He's one of those guys that just wanna show up and drive the car. If he cared about money... why would he have left F1 for WRC?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Crester
Kimi wants to get back into Formula 1? Is his rally career not going so well?

I'm not sure if he's one to care about money. He's one of those guys that just wanna show up and drive the car. If he cared about money... why would he have left F1 for WRC?
Kimi wants a competitive car and a large amount of money I'm sure. Being as he was making something like $20M at Ferrari, I don't see him coming back for just a few. Although I could be wrong... Hopefully I am. I would love to see Kimi return to the grid.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
"... As far as the Pirelli situation is concerned, I was under the impression that they couldn't use a driver currently on the grid for tire testing?"
U may be right on this...If so, then Pirrelli is just whistling in the wind regarding him staying...clearly he would take a "driving seat" rather than a "tire seat".

Later, Ken
Old Sep 14, 2010, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know why Hulkenburg didn't get a penalty either. He was going into corners/chicanes too hard but then maintaining he speed off track so he could maintain his position. As Webber pointed out... if it happened once... that's one thing... but to have it keep happening over and over again is another!

Maybe it's because the battle wasn't for a really critical position... is why they didn't investigate the incident?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Crester
I don't know why Hulkenburg didn't get a penalty either. He was going into corners/chicanes too hard but then maintaining he speed off track so he could maintain his position. As Webber pointed out... if it happened once... that's one thing... but to have it keep happening over and over again is another!

Maybe it's because the battle wasn't for a really critical position... is why they didn't investigate the incident?

not a critical position? webber was only a few points off first place in the drivers championship, i would argue that it was one of the most important positions in the race.

hulkenburg definately was cheating though, straight lining the first corner is an easy way to put some ground on you and the car behind you so it takes another lap for them to catch you
Old Sep 14, 2010, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Yup, being stuck behind Hulkenberg cost Webber at least a couple of seconds, which could have made all the difference in catching up to Rosberg and Vettel.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 06:17 PM

Kimi wants a competitive car and a large amount of money I'm sure. Being as he was making something like $20M at Ferrari, I don't see him coming back for just a few. Although I could be wrong... Hopefully I am. I would love to see Kimi return to the grid.
I always got the feeling Kimi was just phoning it in. He doesn't look like he has the willpower to drive at 100% all the time. Hell, not even 90%.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe, but we would have at least 5 world champions on the grid, and that would be fantastic.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:46 PM

Maybe, but we would have at least 5 world champions on the grid, and that would be fantastic.
That's sure the truth. Now if Michael can figure out his issues we could have some epic battles in 2011.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That would be a sight to behold!

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1