Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by grillpt
Keep it up Lewis, I love watching you crash.
Hey, me too! The only thing better is watching Alonso crash.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Quali rained out... SOB!

To be held tomorrow before the race.

Also, looks as if Hami's getting a 5 spot penalty for changing the gearbox... The hits just keep on coming for Lewis.

Last edited by grillpt; Oct 9, 2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Crap! Make em run in the rain I say
Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what is gonna happen with qualifying? Are they gonna show qualifying on TV? Or are we just gonna show up for the race and find out the starting order then?
Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Crester
So what is gonna happen with qualifying? Are they gonna show qualifying on TV? Or are we just gonna show up for the race and find out the starting order then?
qualifying is on speed now 8 mins left in Q1
Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

I think with his performance today, Kobayashi gets the official "most exciting driver of 2010" award. What a phenomenal performance. Looks like we're down to a 3 person race for the championship this year. Real bummer for Kubica.

l8r)
Old Oct 10, 2010, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Suzuka: Banzai!

Needless to say I was rivoted to the screen..Kobay was fantastic...two passes on Alguersarri (sp?) on the same curve, one above, other under, despite him turning into him on the last pass....pass Rubins...and so on...Schumi was next but ran out of time.

For Petrov, another dnf and stewards have penalized his cut across Hulkenberg with five spots penalty for next race...I believe this is the straw that broke Renaults back...he will not be driving for them in '11' IMHO. Another quick driver is needed...Advise to Renault...buy out Kobay's contract with Sauber and U will be fighting for number two or three.

Hami is done unless there is a massive mess up in the top three...slim for Alonso unless Ferrari finds some speed...Vettel or Weber?

Later, Ken
Old Oct 10, 2010, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

It's going to be very interesting to see how the pavement holds up in Korea. Remember what happened in Canada a few years ago, where a new patch of pavement started to disintegrate over the race weekend? Not sure if the new asphalt will have had enough time to cure prior to the Korean GP.

l8r)
Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Hamilton couldn't have any worse luck these past few weeks... Doesn't look good for him as a championship contender in the remainder of the season. He would have ate Alonso up had he not lost 3rd gear.

Honestly, as long as Alonso DOESN'T win the championship, I'll be happy. I'll be just fine with one of the bulls or even Button winning, just not Alonso. Certainly nothing against Ferrari.

Kobayashi has been pretty impressive in the past few weeks If he raced for one of the top 3 teams, he'd be a serious contender.

I'm excited to see what happens in Korea... if anything at all....
Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Webber REALLY enjoyed this win

Old Oct 10, 2010, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Why do so many people have it out for Alonso? He *****es just as much as anyone else and he's the best driver out there.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 09:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
I'm excited to see what happens in Korea... if anything at all....

i didn't like alonso for a while, but i don't mind him anymore. the cockiness of being a world champion has seemed to wear off a bit. hamilton is the one i don't care for this year. button i like though, he doesn't have a cocky attitude ever it seems plus the advertisements with him in it with hami are hilarious
Old Oct 11, 2010, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by KPerez
Needless to say I was rivoted to the screen..Kobay was fantastic...two passes on Alguersarri (sp?) on the same curve, one above, other under, despite him turning into him on the last pass....pass Rubins...and so on...Schumi was next but ran out of time.
Agreed! He was amazing to watch. Outbreaking all the other drivers left and right. Now that Sauber is going Mexican, I hope another team picks him up or we get a *GASP* Japanese team to join F1 again. The latter part is most likely not going to happen tho.

Hamilton was FAST this weekend, until 3rd let go. Alonso drove the crap out of his car but there was only so much he could do. Poor Button ended up doing most of the parts testing. This is going to be an exciting race to the championship.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by icantdrive75
Why do so many people have it out for Alonso? He *****es just as much as anyone else and he's the best driver out there.
I HATE Alonso because he's a pre-madonna drama queen. Every team he goes to... he always brings drama. Look how well Hamilton and Button are getting along at McLaren now. Alonso always has some sorta drama... if not with his team mate... it's with the team itself.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Crester
I HATE Alonso because he's a pre-madonna drama queen. Every team he goes to... he always brings drama. Look how well Hamilton and Button are getting along at McLaren now. Alonso always has some sorta drama... if not with his team mate... it's with the team itself.
What drama was there at Renault? And how has he caused any current drama at Ferrari? He's getting along there great, and any drama I've seen has been a result of the team, not his attitude. I don't see how anything he has done is more diva-like than what I've seen this year from Hamilton or vettel. Button and Hamilton get along because button is genuine and humble. He's content to play second fiddle to Hamilton, where Alonso was not, and they clashed.

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1