Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=DaWorstPlaya;8741284]"... Now that Sauber is going Mexican, ..."
QUOTE]
Apparently the Mexican transformation will not be complete at least in the near term...Panasonic is reported (http://www.crash.net/f1/news/164234/...uber_deal.html) to be a new sponser for Sauber presumably as a result of Kobay's drive at Suzuka...Recall Toyota was backed heavily by Panasonic.

Later, Ken
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:38 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm personally still pulling for hami.. its not over till its over.. with 3 races left anything can happen.. I'm not going to count him out yet
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by icantdrive75
What drama was there at Renault? And how has he caused any current drama at Ferrari? He's getting along there great, and any drama I've seen has been a result of the team, not his attitude. I don't see how anything he has done is more diva-like than what I've seen this year from Hamilton or vettel. Button and Hamilton get along because button is genuine and humble. He's content to play second fiddle to Hamilton, where Alonso was not, and they clashed.
Drama at Renault......

1st time there: Trulli openly accused Flavio of giving Alonso all of the better components. Similar deal as to what Webber did about Vettel getting the new front wing earlier this season, but Alonso was getting preferential treatment the entire season at every event.

2nd time there: Crash-gate

Drama at Ferrari......

Surprisingly not very much. Seems like he's on his best behavior, and I think a lot of it has to do with Massa not really being any competition for him.

The drama seams to follow him more than anything, i.e. he's not the guy whining, pissing, and moaning, but he does seem to find a way to get his competitors to be against him.....including his own teammates.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GG06MR
Drama at Renault......

1st time there: Trulli openly accused Flavio of giving Alonso all of the better components. Similar deal as to what Webber did about Vettel getting the new front wing earlier this season, but Alonso was getting preferential treatment the entire season at every event.

2nd time there: Crash-gate

Drama at Ferrari......

Surprisingly not very much. Seems like he's on his best behavior, and I think a lot of it has to do with Massa not really being any competition for him.

The drama seams to follow him more than anything, i.e. he's not the guy whining, pissing, and moaning, but he does seem to find a way to get his competitors to be against him.....including his own teammates.
Yes he did get better parts but he was the number one driver. He consistently outperformed Trulli. There should be no question that a team gives all their best parts to the leading driver.

You can in no way blame Alonso for crashgate. Flavio has no scruples.

I agree that drama follows him. But you can't fault him for bad karma. The way he drives and his consistent performance make him my favorite driver. If it were a personality contest Jensen would win hands down.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes he did get better parts but he was the number one driver. He consistently outperformed Trulli. There should be no question that a team gives all their best parts to the leading driver.
I honestly didn't see him consistently outperform Trulli until Alonso started receiving preferential treatment. Trulli was great at 1 lap qualifying back then, and would be right there with Alonso at every event. Similar to him and Hamilton at McLaren. 2003 for example, Alonso had an 8-7 record against Trulli in race results, and then in 2004 it was tied 8-8 in race results before Trulli got dumped for making a stink about Alonso getting preferential treatment.

You can in no way blame Alonso for crashgate. Flavio has no scruples.
I don't blame him for it, but at the same time I don't believe for a second that he had no idea of what Flavio and Symmonds were planning. He had no problem capitalizing on the Ferrari documents that Stepney gave McLaren, and I'm sure he had no problem capitalizing on his far lesser teammate crashing out of the race at just the right moment.

I agree that drama follows him. But you can't fault him for bad karma. The way he drives and his consistent performance make him my favorite driver.
Yes, he is very consistent. To me, he's a better Jenson Button who can push just that little bit further with a great car. However, when he has an inferior car, he can also sometimes push too hard, and then give us some entertaining oh **** offs......at least in my opinion.

Last edited by GG06MR; Oct 12, 2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

What drama was there at Renault? And how has he caused any current drama at Ferrari? He's getting along there great, and any drama I've seen has been a result of the team, not his attitude. I don't see how anything he has done is more diva-like than what I've seen this year from Hamilton or vettel. Button and Hamilton get along because button is genuine and humble. He's content to play second fiddle to Hamilton, where Alonso was not, and they clashed.
There was a point time where Alonso was crying on and on about the team giving him crappy equipment... and that they were purposely giving him crappy equipment because they didn't want him to win the Championship and then bring the #1 status to another team.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Korea: Advantage F duct

Since the Korean circuit has the longest straight of any of the tracks, 1.2km, the team that can stall the rear wing the best via the F duct will be dominant. This puts McLaren as the top dog since they designed the car with the F duct prior to the season opener...the rest have had to play catch up and make do with what they got.

Later, Ken
Old Oct 13, 2010, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

What do you guys think of the Korean Track? I was playing it on F1 2010... and yes... it has some CRAZY long straights... but the rest of the track seemed to be dominated by really tight and slow corners!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Crester
What do you guys think of the Korean Track? I was playing it on F1 2010... and yes... it has some CRAZY long straights... but the rest of the track seemed to be dominated by really tight and slow corners!
Despite the thumbs down, those are the type of tracks that permit easy overtaking. Straights benefit drivers that have more power and less aero drag and tight turns will benefit those drivers that are exceptional at braking.

How many times did we see Kobay over take the other drivers in one of the tightest and slowest corners in Suzuka. I can't wait to see this track.

Originally Posted by KPerez
Apparently the Mexican transformation will not be complete at least in the near term...Panasonic is reported (http://www.crash.net/f1/news/164234/...uber_deal.html) to be a new sponser for Sauber presumably as a result of Kobay's drive at Suzuka...Recall Toyota was backed heavily by Panasonic.

Later, Ken
Wouldn't it be great if Panasonic, Toyota, Honda and some other big manufacturers got together and supported an independant Super Aguri type team.

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; Oct 13, 2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KPerez

Hami is done unless there is a massive mess up in the top three...slim for Alonso unless Ferrari finds some speed...Vettel or Weber?

Later, Ken
I hope Ferrari doesn't win after the whole team orders thing that the stewarts desided NOT to penalize Ferrari on, becuase "Oh, well we were going to change that rule anyway." The other two constructures in the top of the standings have been fighting it out all season... only Ferrari is weak enough that they have to rig their teams competitiveness to even give them a shot this year at the drivers/constructors championship.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WolvieDC
I hope Ferrari doesn't win after the whole team orders thing that the stewarts desided NOT to penalize Ferrari on, becuase "Oh, well we were going to change that rule anyway." The other two constructures in the top of the standings have been fighting it out all season... only Ferrari is weak enough that they have to rig their teams competitiveness to even give them a shot this year at the drivers/constructors championship.
$100,000 fine was the penalty handed down.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

****in Tilke.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

$100,000 fine was the penalty handed down.
Yeah... that hurt them. How much does one Ferrari road car cost again???
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah... that hurt them. How much does one Ferrari road car cost again???
And how much did Hami's drive through cost him... A penalty is a penalty.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Let's just compare for a second...

Ferrari got fined $100,000...

McLaren got fined ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS!!! (that fine almost doesn't even seem real)

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Formula One Discussion F1