Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Girodisc Super Ultralite Rotors Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
bump
Old Feb 21, 2010, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
this just in. you can buy just a front or just a rear set to join the group buy. you dont need to buy both front and rear.

contact david for the details and pricing
I never have heard from Giro, oh well.....

That is good news that they will sell only rears, I will buy a rear set if they decide to produce them. I have another local that has indicated he is going to purchase a set as well if they can get the rotors ready before the start of the season....... I will call Buschur next week to get my order going based on their estimated availability of these.

Our only issue would be, we are not going to wait until mid season to buy them, so, if they are going to produce them, I need my set in the next 4-5 weeks. Last season I waited the entire year with little/no communication and then Giro emails saying they can have them ready for me the week before nats. lol

Anyway, my fingers are crossed that they will go ahead and produce 5 sets right away so we can get them before we get too deep into the season. Otherwise, I will just get the PFC rears to match my fronts in the next couple weeks.

Last edited by CraigWilcox; Feb 21, 2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CraigWilcox
I never have heard from Giro, oh well.....

That is good news that they will sell only rears, I will buy a rear set if they decide to produce them. I have another local that has indicated he is going to purchase a set as well if they can get the rotors ready before the start of the season....... I will call Buschur next week to get my order going based on their estimated availability of these.

Our only issue would be, we are not going to wait until mid season to buy them, so, if they are going to produce them, I need my set in the next 4-5 weeks. Last season I waited the entire year with little/no communication and then Giro emails saying they can have them ready for me the week before nats. lol

Anyway, my fingers are crossed that they will go ahead and produce 5 sets right away so we can get them before we get too deep into the season. Otherwise, I will just get the PFC rears to match my fronts in the next couple weeks.
from what i am told you have to be on the list to get them. waiting for them is not an option. but when we get on the list we have to wait for them. ha. make sense. lol i also wont wait to long because i really want something. if they dont make them then i will get something else.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 02:15 AM

Last edited by IceHawk; Feb 22, 2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:08 AM

from what i am told you have to be on the list to get them. waiting for them is not an option. but when we get on the list we have to wait for them. ha. make sense. lol i also wont wait to long because i really want something. if they dont make them then i will get something else.
I decided to email Giro one last time to see if I can get a response with more info. The more I think about it, the more concerned I am about purchasing these. What happens if my rotors wear out and I need a replacement rotor for my hats? It appears that I would have to wait for 5 other guys to wear theirs out before I could get my replacement. If I come to the end of the season just before the National Championship and I need replacements, it appears I would be out of luck. Anyway, I am waiting to hear from them. If I don't hear something today, I am going to go ahead and buy PFC rears to complete my set.

I will update tonight.....
Old Feb 22, 2010, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

I decided to email Giro one last time to see if I can get a response with more info. The more I think about it, the more concerned I am about purchasing these. What happens if my rotors wear out and I need a replacement rotor for my hats? It appears that I would have to wait for 5 other guys to wear theirs out before I could get my replacement. If I come to the end of the season just before the National Championship and I need replacements, it appears I would be out of luck. Anyway, I am waiting to hear from them. If I don't hear something today, I am going to go ahead and buy PFC rears to complete my set.

I will update tonight.....
i beleave someone else also asked about this and someone else ''not the person who asked'' said that Giro Disc said they would take care of it. but i would rather here it from Giro them self's you know.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 04:46 PM

OK, I heard back from Giro and this is going to be something they will support in the future, so, that is good news since they will have replacement rotor rings for customers who need them. They just are not going to stock them like their normal 2 piece rotors.

Unfortunately they don't have any in stock, that is the bad news.

They are indeed waiting for 5 full sets before they start production.

I am waiting to hear how long its going to be before I can get the rears and possibly the fronts. As long as I can get them within 4 weeks, I am in on the order.

I think another local will also order a set, so, we would be at 2.5-3 sets already.

So, I will let you know when I hear something.

If they cannot produce them within the next month, they will likely be back to 1 set and I'll be installing some PFC rears at the end of this week. ;-)
Old Feb 24, 2010, 08:02 PM

Still waiting on a reply from Giro to see if they can produce the rotors quick enough for the start of the season...........
Old Feb 24, 2010, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Still waiting on a reply from Giro to see if they can produce the rotors quick enough for the start of the season...........
well they will probably tell u it depends on the group buy
Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:33 PM

Edit with update Monday 3/1/10......

OK I heard back from Giro this morning so i am going ahead with the order on the rears.

Craig

Last edited by CraigWilcox; Mar 1, 2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Edit with update Monday 3/1/10......

OK I heard back from Giro this morning so i am going ahead with the order on the rears.

Craig
what about your friend?

cool so we have either 2 or 1.5 orders. dave could you fill us in on how the half orders go? will it be 2 orders or 1.5
Old Mar 2, 2010, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
how much is just for the front?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
how much is just for the front?
i beleave 750.00 or 850.00. dave can tell you
Old Mar 2, 2010, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i beleave 750.00 or 850.00. dave can tell you
thanks .
Old Mar 2, 2010, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
If it is an absolute make or break on this group buy to get it to go through - I will buy one more set if I have to. I feel like this is my baby since I helped talk Girodisc into developing these. There was TONS of interests last fall - don't know where it all went. But regardless - Girodisc has been good to me, so I will help ya'alls out and help push this through even though I already have a set. I am SO sure of these and want to get them onto other peoples cars that I will pony up the cash to get the group buy to go through. . . .

Worst case scenario - I hold on to them for 4 years until my current set runs out - then I'll have a backup! Best case scenario - I will have 2 of only 7 sets in existence and can sell them at the Barrett Jackson auctions in 50 years for $50,000!

If we can get one more person - maybe David will place the order with Girodisc with only 4 preorders?? I am sure someone will eventually come along and pick up that last one. . . ?

Last edited by EVOlutionary; Mar 2, 2010 at 07:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Girodisc Super Ultralite Rotors Group Buy