Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Girodisc Super Ultralite Rotors Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
If it is an absolute make or break on this group buy to get it to go through - I will buy one more set if I have to. I feel like this is my baby since I helped talk Girodisc into developing these. There was TONS of interests last fall - don't know where it all went. But regardless - Girodisc has been good to me, so I will help ya'alls out and help push this through even though I already have a set. I am SO sure of these and want to get them onto other peoples cars that I will pony up the cash to get the group buy to go through. . . .

Worst case scenario - I hold on to them for 4 years until my current set runs out - then I'll have a backup! Best case scenario - I will have 2 of only 7 sets in existence and can sell them at the Barrett Jackson auctions in 50 years for $50,000!
i was thinking of doing the same haha. thanks for chipping in on this. i really want these darn things.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
There was TONS of interests last fall - don't know where it all went.
Well if this were a 'regular' product I could see spending 1500 bucks (I do own a set of their regular 2 piece rotors). throwing that kind of money at a 'one time use' item is a bit of stretch for me. yes i know they'll last a while but once they wear out you're waiting for months trying to persuade them to make some more.

Sell me a set of replacement super light weight rotor rings to upgrade my existing 2 piece rotors and i could be interested.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They will make replacment parts for the people who need them that was allready stated. U don't have to wait for the next group buy.