Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Ed Nazarian @ ACS Roval 3/13-14/10: Super Touring race results

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jid2
Yeah that white car is a classic Miller Motorpark EVO built by Vesko at Competition Associates.
So you know about this car? He mentioned he bought 2 Evo 9s from 2 brothers, and this one was the one he brought out for our races. I told him about Vesko and it sounded like Vesko had built it for those guys, or had a hand in some of it.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Here are a few more pics. Ill incorporate them into my post on the 1st page:

A cone tried to eat my car during the Sat race. I finished both of my races (3rd on Sat, and 1st on Sun), with this mangled IC:

RRE reused my GReddy end tanks and welded in a new Griffen core. Mike trying to make sure its as cone proof and Ed proof as possible:

Old Mar 23, 2010, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha. Looks like that cone was playing for keeps.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bueller
So you know about this car? He mentioned he bought 2 Evo 9s from 2 brothers, and this one was the one he brought out for our races. I told him about Vesko and it sounded like Vesko had built it for those guys, or had a hand in some of it.
I don't know the specific details, I could ask a friend and find out. But Vesko built a ton of EVO's to run in MPRA the local series in Utah. He built cars for the shop and more for customers.

He usually runs that same wing, NT03's, Tien Super Racings with really high rates and stockish power. But he's done some higher power builds here and there - it's hard to tell by just the outside which specific car it is.

EDIT: fp green, basic bolt-ons for power, Tiens, Alcon brakes, was pretty fast in Utah. Near 6 figures paid by the guy who had the car built, sold for under $20K.

Last edited by jid2; Mar 23, 2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jid2
I don't know the specific details, I could ask a friend and find out. But Vesko built a ton of EVO's to run in MPRA the local series in Utah. He built cars for the shop and more for customers.

He usually runs that same wing, NT03's, Tien Super Racings with really high rates and stockish power. But he's done some higher power builds here and there - it's hard to tell by just the outside which specific car it is.

EDIT: fp green, basic bolt-ons for power, Tiens, Alcon brakes, was pretty fast in Utah. Near 6 figures paid by the guy who had the car built, sold for under $20K.
Thanks for the info Jared.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

The in-car from Saturdays race is ready. Ill post the link as soon as Mike sets it up.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Heres the Saturday race. Ill incorporate it into my 1st post. And its already posted on my website:

Videos and Pics

Saturday Race
Old Mar 28, 2010, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

Nice smooth high speed driving Ed.. Good track to just go real fast! I will have my chance at Pocono International in July, but Pocono's track surface is real rough to say the least. That's were my windshield was smashed by a piece of rubble that got flung at me by a Porsche GT3's rear tire. I wear a full face shield because of debris that can come straight through your wind shield in a high speed race. How did those older stock car drivers made it through their careers wearing open face helmets at nearly 200mph?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apex electric
Nice smooth high speed driving Ed.. Good track to just go real fast! I will have my chance at Pocono International in July, but Pocono's track surface is real rough to say the least. That's were my windshield was smashed by a piece of rubble that got flung at me by a Porsche GT3's rear tire. I wear a full face shield because of debris that can come straight through your wind shield in a high speed race. How did those older stock car drivers made it through their careers wearing open face helmets at nearly 200mph?
Thanks Dave. Oh yeah, the Roval at Cal Speedway is definitely where you want to be if you want to be flying. Some cars can easily hit +180mph. The other good thing about Cal Speedway is that its pretty easy on tires compared to the other Socal tracks we race on. One thing to note about Cal Speedway is that T1-2 are extremely more banked than my in-car illustrates. My in-car makes it seem like that section is pretty leveled, but its significantly more banked than it appears. Yeah, i dont know how anyone can drive with an open face helmet, especially at those speeds.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

As stationary and quiet as cones are, they sure do a lot of damage. This is the result of that cone that tried to eat my car at the beginning of Saturdays race. You cant see the damage that my IC took, but you can see that i now have half a lip that is hanging. Also, if you look carefully, you can see my entire undertray dragging behind my RF tire:

On the banking section of the Roval:
- http://caliphotography.exposuremanag...4851_23_90_6_3

Entering T3:
- http://caliphotography.exposuremanag...5043_23_90_6_3
Old Apr 6, 2010, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to me at Robeling, I had bottomed out the front lip/beatrush tray on the way to the track, then by the first corner exit onto the straight, got up to about 120 and WHAM folded that tray up like a damn soda can with half the lip going FWAP FWAP FWAP.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
I had a similar thing happen to me at Robeling, I had bottomed out the front lip/beatrush tray on the way to the track, then by the first corner exit onto the straight, got up to about 120 and WHAM folded that tray up like a damn soda can with half the lip going FWAP FWAP FWAP.
FWAP FWAP FWAP... Its like i can almost hear it thanks to your description.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Common sound to you then?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
Common sound to you then?
Actually mine had a muffled version of, KSHHHHH...with a little bit of a khhhhhh.