Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

HypeRfest

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HypeRfest

Be there. This weekend. Summit Point.

Mid atlantic's premier event of the year.

www.Hyper-fest.com

http://nasaracing.net/Hyperfest10/event.htm
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have a good time

A little too crazy for me
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

True, it is a bit crazy. Good times at NJMP last month by the way. You were blistering out there. What kind of times do you pull on that track? I didn't get to notice what tires you were on. Sorry I held up the crowd a bit, it was hard to get confident on the 4 year old heavily used street tires that I threw on the car for that event (which I corded on saturday and had to run positive camber on Sunday as a result) I ended up getting a best of 1:18 I believe it was on those dang things.

FYI that was my first time on that course.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

It's a fun course, isn't it? I like it better than Thunderbolt.

I was running NT-01's - my best time was 1:13 something.........I think I should be at least 1-2 seconds faster; I no longer have my 5th gear synchros (Trying all kinds a shifting techniques ) and was running on a bad tune. It should all be remedied by the time I get back there.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, it's a neat course but maybe not a favorite of mine. It is a very good course for rhythm. Once I finally got the hang of it I was able to knock out lap after lap consistently which was fun. The course was just a bit too short for me though. I'll be happy to get back to VIR soon.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

hey man!

i LOVED Lightning! i did a 1:12.1 at the Redline Time Attack there in the Fortune Auto EVO (Street Tire AWD class). that was my first time at Lightning, and i think i could have gone a little bit faster, into the mid 1:11s if i had more time, and fresh tires (was running Dunlop starspecs; i would like to try those new Hankook RS3 street tires next!).

i think i'll be at Hyperfest, maybe running Whit's Fortune Auto EVO in TT on sunday, if its running well (he will be racing it in ST1 both days).

see ya!
todd
ReidSpeed
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for posting this up.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Like Todd said, Whit will be there running ST1. I will also be there with the our Street Tire car. We will just have it on display sitting pretty lol
Old Jun 17, 2010, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Nice! Hmmmmm maybe I can see if I can run a TT session and get on your tail Todd. You're by far a better driver but I'd have some fun seeing if I could hassle you with my hoosiers as my advantage!

I haven't seen Whit's car in a long time now, last I saw he was battling an F430

Look forward to it, guys. Hey ReidSpeed- When are you getting that GTR? I'd love to ride in one with you at the helm... for that matter I'd love to sit in the passenger in any run you make.

As for Lightning:
Just being honest I think the NASA NE experience was what detracted a good deal of lighning's fun for me. I didn't really feel like I was in good hands up there. I felt like I always had to look over my shoulder to be sure we were all going to be safe. Wasn't able to drive with enough confidence there to enjoy myself fully. The very little tire and positive camber thing didn't help either lol.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by honki24
As for Lightning:
Just being honest I think the NASA NE experience was what detracted a good deal of lighning's fun for me. I didn't really feel like I was in good hands up there. I felt like I always had to look over my shoulder to be sure we were all going to be safe. Wasn't able to drive with enough confidence there to enjoy myself fully. The very little tire and positive camber thing didn't help either lol.
How are they different from Mid-Atlantic? Just curious - I started my NASA driving in Mid-Atlantic.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Nice! Hmmmmm maybe I can see if I can run a TT session and get on your tail Todd. You're by far a better driver but I'd have some fun seeing if I could hassle you with my hoosiers as my advantage!

I haven't seen Whit's car in a long time now, last I saw he was battling an F430

Look forward to it, guys. Hey ReidSpeed- When are you getting that GTR? I'd love to ride in one with you at the helm... for that matter I'd love to sit in the passenger in any run you make.

As for Lightning:
Run TT on Sunday instead of HPDE4! It shouldn't cost you anything since you're instructing.

I looooved Lightning. How was NE not safe?

Originally Posted by meanmud
How are they different from Mid-Atlantic? Just curious - I started my NASA driving in Mid-Atlantic.
Speaking of your roots, when will you return? What puts you in TTS??
Old Jun 18, 2010, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MSP608
I looooved Lightning. How was NE not safe?

Speaking of your roots, when will you return? What puts you in TTS??
Yeah - I agree, it's a great course

Maybe he just doesn't know any of the other instructors - comfort with familiarity

I may hit Summit in the fall

The stickers on my car, of course... And the fact that I only have ten fingers - I lose count with all of the adding and subtracting of points.........Ugh! The TTS form was a no-brainer!

Last edited by meanmud; Jun 18, 2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

You've both got PM. I would sign up for TTS on Sunday for giggles but I haven't invested in a transponder yet. BTW in case you haven't noticed, I'm what they call a "budget racer". With two boys, a wife, a house, 3 cars, and one income I'm FORTUNATE to make it out to the track. A few hundred bucks on a transponder or even a rental fee are too much for me right now. I'm blessed to be out there at all. Heck, I've come a pretty long way for a 26 year old!

lol, I too don't want to figure out the points and would probably sign up for TTS.

Last edited by honki24; Jun 18, 2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

lol, I too don't want to figure out the points and would probably sign up for TTS.
Crazy, ain't it
Old Jun 23, 2010, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Good times. If any of you have pics or vids post em up.

Quick Reply: HypeRfest