Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

VS Motorsports Sponsored Nasa TTS - Blackhawk Farms report

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010 | 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VS Motorsports Sponsored Nasa TTS - Blackhawk Farms report

There have already been a few reports posted on this site from the NASA event this past weekend at Blackhawk Farms so I will keep mine brief.

Saturday was the first race weekend revealing the brand new stickers installed on the car. Now there is no doubt who the sponsor of the car is.

For the first session of the morning I decided to run some 245 wide Kumho V710's that had been used earlier in the year on my Eclipse. The hope was to save the Hoosiers until later in the day when they would be needed most. Running on the Kumho tires I posted the second fastest time of the session which placed me second in grid behind the TTS national champion Geffrey Sawtelle. I skipped the second session of the day due to light rain that was falling. For the third session the 275 Hoosier R6's were placed on the car. In the third session I made the mistake of trying to keep up with Geffrey on the very first lap...that was a bad mistake I regretted. The tires were not warmed up yet enough to slow down as I carried too much speed into turn 7. The car lost grip and shot across the track and grazed the tire wall on the inside of the track. Luckily only cosmetic damage was done and the car was able to compete the rest of the weekend. On Saturday I ended up in third place out of three with a time of 1:17.820, getting beat out of second by a time of 1:17.696. First place was taken by Geffrey Sawtelle at 1:16.022.

Sunday
I skipped the first session of the day on Sunday morning to install a new set of 2 piece Girodisc rotors. Anyone that has ran Blackhawk knows that it is very hard on brakes and any advantage you can get in the braking zone is helpful. Session 2 was used to start bedding in the new rotors. The third session proved out to be the last dry session of the day and the only session of the day I was able to push. I was able to put down a 1:17.694 lap which held up for second place in the class and 4th overall for the day. Shortly after lunch some heavy rains came through and ended any hopes of any more dry laps.

As always thanks to my sponsor VS Motorsports for your support and help getting the car ready for the race weekend.

I was able to get several session of in car footage taped, however I am struggling getting the videos online due to the format they were taped in. Once I get it figured out I will try and post in this thread.

Here are a few pictures of the car showing off the new look.

VS Motorsports Sponsored Nasa TTS - Blackhawk Farms report-dsc_0021.jpg

VS Motorsports Sponsored Nasa TTS - Blackhawk Farms report-dsc_0018.jpg
Old Jun 17, 2010 | 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Grats man, good luck at the next one!
Old Jun 22, 2010 | 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Congrads. I've talked the the owner of VS Motorsports for over an hour last weekend. Hes a really nice guy.
Old Jun 22, 2010 | 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Kris, Matt and all of the crew over there are great guys.

Kris (owner) is also a great driver as well which he showed last weekend.
Old Jun 25, 2010 | 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, the car is looking wonderful. Makes me proud to see you doing justice to my old car. I was building it to do exactly what you are doing and I am glad it went to you!!!!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
Old Jun 25, 2010 | 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

It's been a great car so far and with more tuning of the JRZ suspension it will be a serious contender.

Last event it saw a tiny bit of body damage to the rear quarter panel, but I've got it looking fairly good once again with some at home body work

Some time you will have to come see it in action. Great job on the initial build!