Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

NASA @ MidOhio 7/24/10

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
NASA @ MidOhio 7/24/10

Just wondering if anyone on the forums is here this weekend. I saw an EVO X parked close to my paddock spot but don't think he's running this weekend. There is a real nice orange EVO I think running in TTS? that I've seen around, but have not had a chance to talk with the driver. David Buschur is out here with his Eclipse, and Pure Tuning has several guys out with various cars.

If any of you are around tomorrow stop by and say HI. My red/black EVO with lots of stickers and fins and wings and whatnot is hard to miss. . .

I'm stuck in HPDE 2 for the weekend, going to 3 next event. So, just spending my time trying to master the heal/toe downshift and looking ahead and using landmarks to mark my braking zone and turn in points. . .

According to my data logger I ran a best lap of 1:38 on the club course (with the chicane on the front straight). Best composite using best sector times from 2 back to back somewhat clear laps was a 1:36. For reference, TTU set a new track record today with a 1:30 or thereabouts. . .

EVOlutionary
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be there for the next NASA Mid Ohio races August 14, 15 in Super Touring 2. Should be a good turn out in the ST-2 class. Car #101 Evo 8
Old Jul 25, 2010, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

I am currently considering attending the next event there in August as well. I have never been to that track previosly. I would be competing in TTS.

Good to know that there will be several other Evo owners there I might be able to learn some track secrets from.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

I was out at Mid-O this weekend in the orange Evo but unfortunately didn't see you (might have been the way the schedule ran??)

I spoke to a nice gentleman in a white Evo that was running in HPDE...

I left early today due to the morning rain (sadly didn't have room for the rain tires in the car and brought 2 sets of Hankooks....gamble didn't pay off) and was with the family so I didn't want to have them wait around until later in the day when it cleared up.

Are you going back in for the NASA event August 13-15? If so definately stop by.

I'll be running my first wheel-to-wheel racing event that weekend in ST-2 so if I'm a little shell-shocked; please forgive me

Last edited by goforwand; Jul 26, 2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Good seeing you Jarrod. You were running well Friday for sure. 1:38 is very fast with the Chicane. That would have put you up in the 3rd-4th spot in the TT group I think on Saturday. The TT group was slower than usual this weekend. Most of the time there's a few 1.2X's in at the top of the field and a lot more low 1.30's, not sure where all those really fast cars were.

I think the August event is the same weekend as the shootout, so I won't make that one.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 10:38 PM
Account Disabled

has any one seen my car? 03 as metallic gsr with ssr wefen rims
Old Jul 26, 2010, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to hit Mid-O in August as well. Don't think it fits my schedule though. We'll see...
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Good seeing you Jarrod. You were running well Friday for sure. 1:38 is very fast with the Chicane. That would have put you up in the 3rd-4th spot in the TT group I think on Saturday. The TT group was slower than usual this weekend. Most of the time there's a few 1.2X's in at the top of the field and a lot more low 1.30's, not sure where all those really fast cars were.

I think the August event is the same weekend as the shootout, so I won't make that one.
One reason they were slower on Saturday was because it was the Club course. It was the first time I had driven it with the "bus stop" as they call it.

The fastest TT car on Saturday (Club course) was a 1:31 in TTU, and Danny Popp running TTS with a 1:32 I believe. On Sunday I think they ran similar times even though it was on the Pro course. Possibly because the track was still a little green after the rain. My best "composite" lap (best sector times) on Sunday was a 1:34.

I can't wait to get out there with you guys in TT!! I kept practicing my heal-toe downshifts all weekend and I am getting better. Not perfect yet, but another weekend and I'll have it. . .