Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

929 Evo - Pirelli Ultimate Track Car Challenge @ VIR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bueller
Nate, youre everywhere! NASA TT, RTA, and now this. Good for you man. Keep doing what your doing.

Nate, your seat worries me. It moves too much, side to side, under load. Judging by your in-car, its moving a good 1-2" to each side. That equates to a good 2-4" of side to side movement. Most people dont notice this until they see their in-car. Grab your seat by the bolster. Push and pull on it side to side and see how far you can move it....
Yeah, I've been helli-busy this year for sure.

I think the seat moves too much too. I picked it up for the extra head protection, but since it's a side mounted seat that mounts on aluminum rails, it's got a lot of give to it. There's plans underway to change it up!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife and I were there to watch the day's events, and you're right it was HOT... Thanks for representing the Evo's very well! I think yours was the only one to make it for the entire session, every session! I noticed the other Evo's (a mad-fast orange VII/IX and the X) would run for about three or four laps, then I could hear them misfiring and having blow-off issues... Same went for the GT-R's... I have run VIR for about 20 events, and it's my favorite track. I will be in another Evo soon, and count me in for next year!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JasonS
My wife and I were there to watch the day's events, and you're right it was HOT... Thanks for representing the Evo's very well! I think yours was the only one to make it for the entire session, every session! I noticed the other Evo's (a mad-fast orange VII/IX and the X) would run for about three or four laps, then I could hear them misfiring and having blow-off issues... Same went for the GT-R's... I have run VIR for about 20 events, and it's my favorite track. I will be in another Evo soon, and count me in for next year!
Right-on!
Yeah, the car ran extremely well. It's never really had any issues... ever besides some intercooler hose issues (I have to run stock hoses in TTB) that I hope to have fixed.
But the temps inside the car were just fine. Given I had the heater on high... which made the driving all that much...hotter.

Hope to see ya next year then!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Nice pix of the ride, Justin. Never noticed "turn in concepts" before. Are they new for you?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boomn29
I tried something new - just not let up through the climbing essess - and it was soooo much fun floating through there!
HUGE *****! The best I could bring myself to do was lift on initial turn-in and then keep the power down for the ride up-hill. I ended up averaging 10mph faster through there than a friend of mine who was running a Vette. But his overall laptime was a full 7 seconds faster than me Sadly I doubt I'll see VIR again, at least not for a while. Just moved to NorCal, so the corkscrew at Laguna Seca will have to do

Nicely done Nate. Great results for a first time at VIR.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Nov/2010 issue of GrassRoots Motorsports is out!

Btw, if you haven't read my story about the hellacious trip home, you really really have to check it out:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...sa-tt-vir.html

Last edited by boomn29; Oct 3, 2010 at 07:17 PM.