Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

X Games 16 Super Rally Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2010, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would it take to buy one of those Fiesta's as they sit ready to race? $150-250k? The transmission alone is probably $30k. You can't build a $50k awd turbo rally car out of a Fiesta like you can an Evo or Subaru. If the manufactures stop building cars derived from rally racing, then the grassroots racers will have nothing to start out with and the sport will dwindle to nothing.

How many people in Rally America would be able to afford one of these quarter million dollar open class cars? Very few I would imagine. Instead they find a salvaged or wrecked Evo or STi, and start racing even if their car isn't competitive. By forcing manufactures to sell what they race, we can start out racing at a reasonable cost level.

But I guess when Mitsubishi brings a small car here, we can turn them into much more competitive rally car. We will just have to find someone rich enough to put up the millions of dollars into the development, building, and testing of the turbo awd sequential trans facade of your watered down $15k Colt.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS
We will just have to find someone rich enough to put up the millions of dollars into the development, building, and testing of the turbo awd sequential trans facade of your watered down $15k Colt.
When you find that guy, give me a call, I'd be happy to help with testing!

Dave
Old Aug 7, 2010, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
X games are the perfect example how you can ruin a great sport which is very entertaining to watch.
I guess the too much indy and nascar influenced world you not allowed to do anything spectacular.
Even my small town rally cross events look better and gives much much more entertainment than the X games... think about it...

About the FIA WRC rules i did already put my opinion out there and the new rules just make it more legit...

Thats all i can say about this mess.

Rob