Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Official 2011 Formula One Discussion F1

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out the 2D and 3D track maps of the planned Austin F1 track, linked at the bottom of this F1.com article: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin.../11/11562.html

Looks like a pretty sweet track layout.

l8r)
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

To see Hulkenburg loose his spot and Petrov keep a seat just stinks to me.

F1 is turning into a pay to drive sport. Starting to look a lot like NASCRAP.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KevinD
go red bull!

so how about daniel Ricciardo!? .2sec off the pole position time at the abu dhabi rookie practice?!!! if webber retires, i bet we know who will be the second driver at red bull.
Not to take away from Daniels great performance but don't forget that he was able to due this with out a full fuel load on a much more rubbered in track. Still fast... but no where near any of the F1 front runners. If Webber retires look for someone more proven to take his spot.

A rookie is not going to be given a seat at RBR, but it might be very likely that we see him in a TR next year.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KPerez
"There will be four tests before the 2011 season starts in Bahrain on 13 March.

The first three tests are in Spain, on 1-3 February at the Ricardo Tormo circuit near Valencia, 10-13 February at Jerez and 18-21 February at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya.

The final test will be in Bahrain a week before the first race, from 3-6 March."

Give above to carry us over until the first race for this is all the track we will got until then.

For the record, Kobayyyy San will be on a podium(s) in '11'...U heard it here first!

Later, Ken
The test going to be aired anywhere?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by willitas34
The test going to be aired anywhere?

The BBC normally covers the tests, witch means you will have to down load them
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wrcRS
To see Hulkenburg loose his spot and Petrov keep a seat just stinks to me.

F1 is turning into a pay to drive sport. Starting to look a lot like NASCRAP.
Petrov showed very good pace this year. 2 years ago in GP2 they had some really good battles with one another. The difference between the two of them is Hulkenburg came into the season with lots of expectations on him and did not live up to them.

Not only is the fact that Petrov has a good amount of financial backing, but with a Russian GP coming up he brings a whole new market for team sponsors along with him.

I hope we get to see NH on track next year but it is looking like he will become Merc's test driver.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Billy@EnglishRacing
...I hope we get to see NH on track next year but it is looking like he will become Merc's test driver.
Perhaps but another alternative is Torro Rosso if Ricciardo doesn't get it which I think may happen.

Later, Ken
Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Pirelli's Debut

There was a lot of talk about Pirelli's tire being "better than expected" to "equivalent" to Bridgestones and "developement of the car to these tires" following the first testing of the new Pirelli tires. However, I get confused about these comments when compared to the results. Specifically there were two tire types offered: medium and soft with the former supposedly being longer lasting than the latter. However, the opposite occurred (http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...-be-competent/ )...the medium started wearing very quickly while the soft tires seemed to last for much longer.

So the bottom line here is, these early tires R far from the final product and a lot of additional work is going to be done in their developement. The tire "information" and set up changes acquired by the teams at Abu Dabai is basically irrelavent to the characteristics the tires will assume on the first day of the '11' season. Since these tires are one of the big three changes for '11', expect them to play a very large role in whose on top at the beginning of the season.

Later, Ken
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

I don't mean to be superficial... but does anybody else find the Pirelli tires really ugly with their large yellow lettering?

To me it just looks like somebody took a piece of chalk and wrote "PIRELLI" on the tires...
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:34 AM
Former Sponsor

looks like they added a lot of armor-all to it. gotta have that black wall shine
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Crester
I don't mean to be superficial... but does anybody else find the Pirelli tires really ugly with their large yellow lettering?

To me it just looks like somebody took a piece of chalk and wrote "PIRELLI" on the tires...
If they thought pink lettering would stand out more, let me assure U, they would be pink!

Later, Ken
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:28 PM
Former Sponsor

I was reading that Valencia wants out of the European GP, but Bernie wont let them out of there contract early (has 2 years left) I really hope they can find a better circuit to replace it, such a pretty race but boring as all hell to watch.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Why does Valencia want out??? They aren't making enough money?

I thought the whole reason for that race was to take advantage of the popularity of Fernando Alonso. Since Alonso is still a top runner... wouldn't they want to keep the race?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:38 AM
Former Sponsor

attendance has fallen by over 25,000 spectators, i am assuming it is really expensive to shut down almost all the work in the port for a weekend.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Recommendation: Turkey Day

For all F1 fans, I would like to recommend the following: When the plate gets passed to U, avoid the neck and the ***

Quick Reply: Official 2011 Formula One Discussion F1