Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

I think this is summ it up

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I think this is summ it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKqxoT-ZDIE
Old Nov 23, 2010, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish we could get one of them fords here in america. i'd definitely rock one of those. cool video. i appreciate all auto sports in the world.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

I still like the E 30 M3 GpA sounds the best!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 09:24 AM

nice vid... rally is great, motorsport in europe is so much better than here...
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:37 AM

nice vid... rally is great, motorsport in europe is so much better than here...
Very true.....unfortunately
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sick vid!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, there is a good reason why no one pay attention on the US motorsport...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MhsY...layer_embedded
Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Not true, you just have to know were to look....
Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apex electric
Not true, you just have to know were to look....
well i did LOL
but seriously, there is no comparision between here and EU or even my third world country in this subject. As you guys grow up with baseball and basketball - football, we sucked as a child gasoline instead of milk... LOL
Once we get together i can show you, how much is really a difference between here and there. Never mind the public interest .
Its kind of same as here with baseball. In my country the "baseball is a motorsport".
i dont know other countries, but seems to me they are preatty top notch too.
Mean while here , what i got is a NASCAR - Indicar- Drag. Rally is no where . Road race .. Well i think the WTCC - BTCC - DTM etc is way a head just as much as the rally.
And i can go on.
Anyway. Im happy i find guys who are interested about motorsport and im greatful for that. It is not like in my country but still.

No offens or anything.
Rob
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Somebody was telling me about the rally cross at NJMP. I would not waste my time watching them play like children in the dirt. Go see the World of Outlaws racing 920hp 1200lb machines screaming at 150mph without braking into a high banked turn on a dirt 1/2 mile track! Here in America it is all about dirt track sprint car racing. I am not a NASCAR fan I had never seen a Winston Cup race but I have a high regard for the drivers in those series. The best race I ever witnessed in the USA was the Indy car race at New Hampshire International when Nigel Mansell and Paul Tracy traded positions several times in the last 3 laps, dicing through lap traffic at 170mph in a game of dare, challenging each other with death and glory. Nigel won on the last corner in front of 65,000 fans standing on their seats. It was his birthday and the peak of his racing career...I am a ice racer and love the talent/car control displayed in rally cars. We just don't have corporate interest to invest money like there is for advertising on the bill board stock cars. When I grew up, America was all about Indy. period! Nobody watched NASCAR at Daytona (their only televised race then). The big names were Rick Mears, AJ Foyte, Unser's, Andretti, Johny Rutherford, Tom Sneva, Danny Sullivan. Back when they were hitting 250mph on the straights. The greatest racing spectacle in the world- The Indy 500- those were the days!...
Old Nov 25, 2010, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

I highly suggest for you to go and watch rally cross . Describe the greatness of the race with numbers... It is a typical way here... 900 here 1200 there - v8's...
Mean time they doing oval bank turns on dirt . Well The rally cross doing twisties and with restricted 500-600 whp + only with 2-2.5 liter..
But this is stupid form a begin with since you going to decribe something with numbers, and this is all abot skill and performance. You think the cookies will be better if you put 4 more table spoon sugar in it , then the recapie suggest? How you describe the taste , with numbers ? That is also true in racing, the entertaiment cant be descire with numbers only in the USA.
Typical way here to try to win over some arguments or opinion differences , w hich requier skills - entertaiment. Which is cant be discribed with numbers, but some reason American addicted with numers, i think Detriot did a great job on that. The twist is only with that LOL. Put you Dirt outlaw car to rally cross or even any other sport, or better told them at a start grid go the opposite way from this race... or you need to clear a schicane so you need to brake hard... LOL.

Anyway , it is pointless talk since i saw american races , fact i raced with big names like Ken Block etc. But i saw the other side too in PERSON. So i can compare with my experience , and seems to me you dont.

JUst a hint to for you, and idea for next time if the Rally cross comes, to see Pastrana - Mirra - Faust etc pit and service set up vs the couple EU guys who came here, is like walk to the kinder garden, from the EU university. And im dead serius. If anyone here saw th NJMP motorsport rally cross , can testify here. And that is 2-3 team from EU to come to see what is going on here....
The rally is waaaay more serius , the WTTC and so on.... dude you have 0 idea what you talking about if you go with out lwas against this races.

About the NASCAR, i wont and will comment on it, since i live in the US. I just put a pictures up for that:

The Indy car is one of the race i do and willing to watch, but that is not a same level , not even closely to F1 so there you go again.

ONLY motorsport i do admit and im saying , yes they good is the BAJA and the Motorcross. Also the Truck dirt race i forgot the name. Those are top notch! I would have to say i think the trial moto is still better in EU as in overall.
But everything else is lame.

Also you have to understand we talking about the the whole league not 2-3 guys you can bring up.

Rob

Last edited by Robevo RS; Nov 25, 2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Rob if you put me in a top rally cross car I could nearly equal their times. If you put me in a World of Outlaws car and I tried to do what I saw at Lebanon Valley I would pass out from shear terror...I have seen Indy and Formula 1 were your hair tingles on the back of your neck when you here the pitch of a 12 cylinder F1 Ferrari at full song. I have driven the Nurburgring for a few days with ex DTM and currant FIA GT cars. I was watching the Group B car videos in this country before the WRX ever made it here, Nothing comes close to the World of Outlaw sprint cars for spectator intensity. nothing....
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Hey, that is all personal taste. You say you love, it is perfectly good and understandable. But you will not match the e guys time in rally cross with they car. I do not believe that. Everything is looks different from out side. You will be frightened between them untill they leave you, sorry.
Why you don't rally? It is very lame here and you can be a star , if you are that good. Fact you talking down something you don't even see vs what you saw in person. You are a smart guy you shold know the difference in that.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by apex electric
Rob if you put me in a top rally cross car I could nearly equal their times.

hahaha I cant believe someone can be so ignorant to say that. Clearly you have not seen any euro rallycross competition.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 03:14 AM
Evolved Member

I have had some rally cross experience. I was finally able to beat my friend Jeff Denmead (Pikes Peak champion) at one of the rally ny events sharing my car. The rally crowd met me when I beat all the rally drivers at the Monticello Motor Club Winter race series with my Audi 200 (5000). Which I still am unable to sell for $500. How much money did those Evo and Sti rally cars cost? Sorry to have to brag a bit but I just want to support my statement that I could drive just as skill fully as your best rally driver down in NJ. My choice is Super Touring racing with NASA. I have never been beat in the rain. I love Rally racing and have been told many times I should compete there but I don't like to do auto body work every week! Back to the subject, you need to look around America for great racing. It just is not rally here. It's sprint car racing. Which I have never tried. I really would like to try racing a sprint car on a dirt oval some day. I am keeping my mind open to the idea....

Quick Reply: I think this is summ it up