Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

What is a race EVO worth

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is a race EVO worth

I am thinking about selling my EVO but I don’t know what it is worth. I don’t want to ask to much so that no one will buy it and I don’t want to ask to little so that I lose my *** on it. I know you never get back what you put in it so I’m not expecting too much. Can you all help me by telling me what you think it’s worth. Think you for your help. listed below are some pictures and the mods done to the car.

Engine:
Custom 2.4L motor
AMS cnc head
AMS F-1I intake
Kelford cams (272)
AMS 3076R turbo kit
Exedy twin disc clutch
AMS intercooler and upper / lower piping

Drivetin:
Shep stge 1 trans
TRE t case
TRE rear diff

Electronics:
AEM EMS with all the sensors
AIM MXL pista

Suspension:
Stance 2 way coilovers
all white line bushing
white line rear sway bar

Interior:
8 point roll change
Bride gias carbon kevlar seat
Sparco steering wheel

Exterior:
seibon C/F hood
seibon C/F trunk
AMS C/F roof
APR gt wing
Version select front lip
custom splitter
custom rear diffuser

all most all the parts are new never been raced on
car is 2819 lbs
make over 500 whp
Old Nov 29, 2010, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has this been on track since all the upgrades this year?

While nobody wants something that's been beat on for years, to me proving that it holds together and possibly some sample lap times goes a long way.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Your market is limited since someone will have to pay cash for the vehicle. It is basically a 2003 with a value in the low teens. It appears to be very nicely set up for road racing, and someone, like myself, would find it to be considerably more valuable since that is what I use my evo for. For the right buyer, you might be able to get $20-23k IMO.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by boomn29

While nobody wants something that's been beat on for years, to me proving that it holds together and possibly some sample lap times goes a long way.
no never made it out just finshed to late in the year
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fast-evo
I am thinking about selling my EVO but I don’t know what it is worth. I don’t want to ask to much so that no one will buy it and I don’t want to ask to little so that I lose my *** on it. I know you never get back what you put in it so I’m not expecting too much. Can you all help me by telling me what you think it’s worth. Think you for your help. listed below are some pictures and the mods done to the car.
Originally Posted by boomn29

Depends on who youre asking. Like Nate noted, some people may want to know how competitive the car has been. For instance, when was the last time it was in a race? And proof of lap times. Ive heard stories of guys buying a racecar right after it finished the race.

But before you note any of that, theyll want to know what series you were racing in. So more than anything, is it a "racecar" that was actually raced, was it built for racing but never made it to a race, or are you talking about time attack type of competitions? I think regardless of what you note, interested buyers who care about certain things will ask you more detailed questions.

The other issue would be the overall build of the car and the cage. And if its actually legal for racing. Some people build their car for fun, or for time attacks and then later on decide they want to try racing. And then they find out their cage isnt all that legal. I remember seeing a build thread on this forum about a year or so ago. Part of the cage in that Evo wasnt legal for racing, and the owner wasnt aware. I dont know what happened to that car after that. I think his cage was also blue like yours. You wouldnt happen to be that guy?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Impressive build! 2.4l with that turbo must be a blast to drive

IMO, for a w2w car, my guess that anyone serious would want to re-do the cage or start from scratch which will likely add a mimimum of a few thousand dollars to the cost of the car.

Here's an example of a well-sorted car and associated price

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...VO-9-2006.html
Old Nov 29, 2010, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Race car selling is tricky.
First and for most who build it? How much race time/hours the log books have?
How the log book is documented?
Serious buyers will ask these questions. Most likelly you will not find a perfect buyers because the race car is an experimentm and they each of their own. So you need to be agressive and professional on the sale. When you ask how much is worthn that already raise the flag. No offense. Just an advice for the sucsessful selling, which I hope it will come to you.
Rob
Old Nov 29, 2010, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

I have seen the car in person and it is extremely nice!

From my racing background I would say this is an excellent contender as a street tire time attack car! The cage is legal for racing, I have an identical cage with nascar style bars on the drivers side. My cage has been approved in the NASA midwest region for ST-1. Although I am addng to the rear to address what everyone says makes it non compliant, I am only doing it to tie in the rear subframe....

Last edited by hamflex; Nov 29, 2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bueller
Depends on who youre asking. Like Nate noted, some people may want to know how competitive the car has been. For instance, when was the last time it was in a race? And proof of lap times. Ive heard stories of guys buying a racecar right after it finished the race.

But before you note any of that, theyll want to know what series you were racing in. So more than anything, is it a "racecar" that was actually raced, was it built for racing but never made it to a race, or are you talking about time attack type of competitions? I think regardless of what you note, interested buyers who care about certain things will ask you more detailed questions.

The other issue would be the overall build of the car and the cage. And if its actually legal for racing. Some people build their car for fun, or for time attacks and then later on decide they want to try racing. And then they find out their cage isnt all that legal. I remember seeing a build thread on this forum about a year or so ago. Part of the cage in that Evo wasnt legal for racing, and the owner wasnt aware. I dont know what happened to that car after that. I think his cage was also blue like yours. You wouldnt happen to be that guy?
that was me it was in the back i had that fixed
Old Nov 29, 2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Race car selling is tricky.
First and for most who build it? How much race time/hours the log books have?
How the log book is documented?
Serious buyers will ask these questions. Most likelly you will not find a perfect buyers because the race car is an experimentm and they each of their own. So you need to be agressive and professional on the sale. When you ask how much is worthn that already raise the flag. No offense. Just an advice for the sucsessful selling, which I hope it will come to you.
Rob
thank you for the good advice
Old Nov 29, 2010, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Your best bet is to work with the shop that did the build for you. They should be able to at least give you an idea of what it's worth and should help you sell it.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 02:50 PM

i want it.... lol... Wanna trade for my 06.... hahah
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'd get it out to some track days next year with some of the "richer" clubs. Go beat-up on some of the Porsche, Vette, and BMW guys and put a for-sale sign on it. It's got the right mix of parts to be pretty fast on most tracks per $$, especially when compared to other brands.

If you haven't had it on track since the major sections of the build it will have some gremlins to chase for sure. At least if it's anything like my car.

Last edited by jid2; Dec 2, 2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:52 AM
Former Sponsor

[quote=jid2;8882079]I'd get it out to some track days next year with some of the "richer" clubs. Go beat-up on some of the Porsche, Vette, and BMW guys and put a for-sale sign on it. It's got the right mix of parts to be pretty fast on most tracks per $$, especially when compared to other brands.

If you haven't had it on track since the major sections of the build it will have some gremlins to chase for sure. At least if it's anything like every track car.[/quote]

edited for truth
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
looks nice, love the cage!

Quick Reply: What is a race EVO worth