Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Discussion: ST2 vs PTA vs...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boomn29
Ed - if you'd have come to Nationals you'd know all this! The 'Spec C5Z' is no doubt the ringer for TTA; has been for a few years at least. We've got some quick ones in the MW/GL regions, and there's a host of them (drivinhard included) in the SE region that run like Road Atlanta a bunch.

Most run the 275 A6; and I guarantee they're all right on the legal power/weight limit because it's easy to get there with their insanely low comp weight! Some run the 255 A6 and suspension. That's pretty much your choice. Some do intake; some do bars; some do exhaust.

I've been discussing exactly this for years! I think 9 of the 14 cars in TTA at Nationals were C5Z's. The MW/GL 'home' region I'm in swept the TTA podium; myself and 2 C5Z's.
Wish i was there to meet all you guys. We know well enough that the Vettes have it easy. But we will eventually beat them all, one step at a time.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bueller
We know well enough that the Vettes have it easy. But we will eventually beat them all, one step at a time.
It is a good platform, but a 275 A6 C5Z is basically stock save for the 3 pts that it has left (sway bars and airbox is common) so we are competing with cars modified up from C and B that have aero, same size rubber, fancy shocks, AWD, same power, etc. It ends up being a pretty close battle (what more can you ask for) as the top of TTA field proved at nationals.

For all classes ST2 becomes pretty much a spending contest, PTA seems to keep the cost a bit lower. And like I said before, having a PTA car gets you the ability to run in 2 different classes (a good PTA car will slot into ST2 well enough regionally). Heck the PTA champ at nats would have finished dead mid pack in ST2, and he started at the very back of the splits at the drop of the green.