Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sno* Drift Rally Photo Dump

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:24 PM
SME
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sno* Drift Rally Photo Dump

Had a blast and got a bunch of great pictures. Too many to post but if anyone is looking for a specific car, let me know.

Brought to you by DirtyEvo.com

Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:24 PM
SME
Evolved Member

Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:25 PM
SME
Evolved Member

Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Great photos! I LOL@ the integra. hehe ^^
Old Jan 30, 2011, 03:28 PM
SME
Evolved Member

Thanks. The Integra was one of the few 2wd that truely was going ***** out.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 04:24 PM

Joseph Burke did well in his evo placing third in his first rally with an open class car
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:06 PM
SME
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mackevox
Joseph Burke did well in his evo placing third in his first rally with an open class car
Yes he did an awesome job, the only Evo to finish the race
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

looks like a blast!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for sharing!

I'm sooooo jealous of the guys that get to have that kind of fun.

Dave
Old Jan 31, 2011, 04:39 AM
SME
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaveK
Thanks for sharing!

I'm sooooo jealous of the guys that get to have that kind of fun.

Dave
Why dont you give it a try???
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SME
Why dont you give it a try???
Time & $$ are the two simple reasons. Been trying to figure out a way to make it work with the Evo, but can't get the numbers to make sense given my income and vacation schedule. If we could find sponsors to help cover costs, that'd be great, but I haven't found that magic combination yet.

We're just about finished building a Compact M3 to run the MaxAttack! rally program with. Its limited to 2wd cars (i.e. waaaaaay cheaper than an evo to maintain) and its just 2 races per year. IMO, its the perfect place for privateer teams to play and have meaningful competition. The great thing about this series is that it's been bringing out 30-40 cars that compete in ONE CLASS...try looking to see when the last time you had 40 entrants in one class a Rally America National.

Dave
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
nice pictures! Congrats for Joseph!.
I 99% sure i will run this next year. Right now i just didnt had a car and money for it. But i think that will change for next year!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Time & $$ are the two simple reasons. Been trying to figure out a way to make it work with the Evo, but can't get the numbers to make sense given my income and vacation schedule. If we could find sponsors to help cover costs, that'd be great, but I haven't found that magic combination yet.

We're just about finished building a Compact M3 to run the MaxAttack! rally program with. Its limited to 2wd cars (i.e. waaaaaay cheaper than an evo to maintain) and its just 2 races per year. IMO, its the perfect place for privateer teams to play and have meaningful competition. The great thing about this series is that it's been bringing out 30-40 cars that compete in ONE CLASS...try looking to see when the last time you had 40 entrants in one class a Rally America National.

Dave

yes that is true, but i think the rally actually bottom down last year , i hear more positive things for the future. So couple of year you might see that.
I really hope LOL
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
yes that is true, but i think the rally actually bottom down last year , i hear more positive things for the future. So couple of year you might see that.
I really hope LOL
Honestly I don't think we've seen the bottom of rally quite yet in the US....just look at SnoDrift.

Certainly no offense to the Hansons as they put together a great measured drive. When an SP car wins an event overall, that's a sure sign that the competition is lacking. Two cars crashed out in front of them which were over 5 minutes ahead...just several stages into the event if I'm not mistaken. 2 or 3 proper cars does not a rally make. Hell, half the AWD field should be embarrassed about getting waxed by Chris D. in the Scion and Dillon VW. in the Ford.

Dave
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly I don't think we've seen the bottom of rally quite yet in the US....just look at SnoDrift.

Certainly no offense to the Hansons as they put together a great measured drive. When an SP car wins an event overall, that's a sure sign that the competition is lacking. Two cars crashed out in front of them which were over 5 minutes ahead...just several stages into the event if I'm not mistaken. 2 or 3 proper cars does not a rally make. Hell, half the AWD field should be embarrassed about getting waxed by Chris D. in the Scion and Dillon VW. in the Ford.

Dave
Dave as you know the factory backed up cars is some how faster then anything by the rules in rally ... The experience in the roads - local places , and your co -driver is even bigger deal there. Can be + or - minutes each stage between first and others, even if you put them in the same car.
And then other factors;I got beaten by a SRT 4 in Tennessee with a 5 times Rally champion in the seat... but with a not so impressive driving, at least.
He sometimes dont even turned a right way. But still he destroyed me and others.
WHy ? first of, his car was at least 400 lbs lighter. Then comes the tricks. HE has a yellow engine /most likely kit/ , which basically is made for him only by Dodge USA... So much for playing by rules huh? Rumors: it has 400 hp and well over tq then that. Besides each gears has different boos level, factory build , and so on so forth... I dont think i should feel a shame to lost from him even with that driving, you should see that car taken off... talking about FWD. You may even know those SRT 4's... they dont have too much out there but they exists.

There is a lots of things in play when the final results comes out. I got one flat during the rally and i ended back the last place because of that, then i had to climb back? WHo remembers that ? no one , only for the final results . Rally is more complicated then who runs faster one stage as you know it very well.
LOL

ANy way , who finish the rally that is already a winner in my opinion. I think Joseph did a great job. Not so much Mirra...

the best turn in this corner i find so far for my example /spectator. camera un biased/ from the racers.

second overall :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z83FeS9SH5Y

overall third place in the rally:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQHevfnmyE4

also finished front of me:
some reason i cant find the nice red white SRT 4 in video. i'll look for it, he miss this trun all the time and turns in the wrong way. i saw it some where that is how i knoe LOL now he won the rally.

and me with a last place that day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y33crhrCB0g

Just put it out there.

Rob

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jan 31, 2011 at 11:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Sno* Drift Rally Photo Dump