Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

666_EVO/Evodynamics EVOX 2011 NASA TT-A campaign

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Ahhhh, slow in this corner, ack missed the apex, track out! Turn turn! ahh can't watch torture! (he knows I kid)
Old Feb 9, 2011, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinD
here is the in car video from the last session on sunday in the wet:
I've never seen such a clear track in my life! Where's all the traffic??!!
Old Feb 9, 2011, 09:41 AM
Former Sponsor

it was the last session of the day, on the last day of the weekend, after a long day of heavy rain. only a couple people stayed
Old Feb 9, 2011, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Loser
I've never seen such a clear track in my life! Where's all the traffic??!!
No there were a few people behind use. I just cut the video down to the faster laps so that way you didnt have to watch the slower laps of passing people.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:24 PM
Former Sponsor

few updates!

since the only tire we can really go with in hoosier is the 275, it requires loosing some points elsewhere in the car. the intercooler is the direction we went as it was costing 4 points, and at the power level we are at, isn't a tremendous advantage. also its quite heavy.

so off it goes, and back comes the stock intercooler:

also, the front crash beam was removed for aditional weight savings. all in all, going back to stock intercooler and removing the crash beam for more air flow reduced 26lbs off the front of the car.

second, richard installed joshs racepak GPS/Lap timer for better driver feedback from daq after each session.

and last, since the zeitronix ethanol analyzer was already in the car, i took a picture of the install:

more updates to come when we get the tires mounted and rescale the car!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Nice build. I hope to be at national this year with my 06 RS in TTA.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Probably a good trade of points on the FMIC, should only really impact you on HP for very hot days where heat soak out paces airflow over the core. The surge tank looks good and that is amazing that it worked even on an empty tank. Still I wouldn't run it that dry too often as the pump still in the tank needs to have "some" fuel flowing through it or it could overheat.

Good luck on your season
Old Feb 16, 2011, 05:20 PM

Wow nice build!! Hope I can keep up with ya!!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 04:24 PM
Former Sponsor

updates for the second race of the season:

josh wanted to add a couple things to the car, first, the harnesses weren't supportive enough bolted to the back seat, so he got a harness bar and put it in:

second, for a zero point addition, he put in a rear strut tower brace to stiffen the car some more.

with the first day of the second race of the season in the books, josh placed second in TTA with a field of 10+ cars!!! the car that beat him ironically was a BMW M3 who usually races TTB. the day started off rough though, with a spin early in the first session due to a cam sensor failure shutting the car off mid turn. also with the brand new hoosier tires being a little slick still his best time was set in the last session of the day as he felt more comfortable with the tires and the setup. we still believe there is a lot left in the car as we haven't done any suspension tuning yet. additionally we have a little bit more weight to remove from the car. Richard is also going to try and increase the boost a bit more to hit the max allowed HP level (we currently are leaving 15whp on the table).

more updates to come tomorrow and i'll provide some pictures.

In addition to josh running, Jim (Txevo8) was also running TTA for us, and he placed really well as well (i heard 4th, but i haven't seen the results). Jims car is running very strong, however he was having brakes boiling over midway through each session. we obviously missed something as it has the dust covers removed, Ti shimms, and 2" brake ducts. might be time for a caliper rebuild and some more weight reduction. Jim also has a new recaro seat on the way to cut some weight and give more support. pictures to come for him as well!

Last edited by KevinD; Mar 12, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Ugh. Please ditch the harness bar and 5 points and go back to the factory 3 point belt until you get a rollbar. There are many reasons why that is unsafe, this being one:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2896572
Old Mar 12, 2011, 06:55 PM
Former Sponsor

NASA no longer allows the stock 3 point belts in TT. you must have a 5 or 6 point. SOOO, the harness bar works fine, because its still a street car and its not getting a cage anytime soon (if ever).
Old Mar 13, 2011, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
what you guys see on the dash if you get fuel starvation? i mean i was running my X on track too, so as i drove off my tire R888 in the 100+ heat in Tennessee one turn /4 miles in the stage, start psi in tire was 38/ and i never ever as my knowledge experienced fuel starvation neither anything on the dash would indicate it.

here is the turn where i drove off the tire right on the left hairpin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYa_YSGyNZ8

here is a picture from track back in early 08

im curious about that.

Anyway, nice run on the video !! and good luck for your project guys!!!!
Keep us updated!

Last edited by Robevo RS; Mar 13, 2011 at 05:37 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 05:57 AM
Former Sponsor

nothing shows up on the dash, the car will just sputter, and bog bad. no power, and wont recover until you start going straight again.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinD
nothing shows up on the dash, the car will just sputter, and bog bad. no power, and wont recover until you start going straight again.
oh oke, i thought something comes up on the dash to since you put the dash picture up.

Thanks Rob
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
oh oke, i thought something comes up on the dash to since you put the dash picture up.

Thanks Rob

oh josh just posted that to show that he was running on the track until the tank was completely empty. something totally impossible without the surge tank

Quick Reply: 666_EVO/Evodynamics EVOX 2011 NASA TT-A campaign