Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Foust has announced his temporary retirement from drifting due to a demanding 2011 sc

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RS is AWD N/A - but that's totally ok for a novice in rally america.

$4k will usually get you an ok starter car, but I've yet to see a $4k car that was stage ready. Most of the $4k cars need another $4k dropped into them to make them reliable enought that you feel comfortable dropping $1000 on entry fee, plus days off of work, travel expenses, etc...

Dave
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveK
RS is AWD N/A - but that's totally ok for a novice in rally america.

$4k will usually get you an ok starter car, but I've yet to see a $4k car that was stage ready. Most of the $4k cars need another $4k dropped into them to make them reliable enought that you feel comfortable dropping $1000 on entry fee, plus days off of work, travel expenses, etc...

Dave
ooops, my bad.
which one is FWD NA? I thought i saw RS FWD in the rally, but i guess i got fooled by the stickers LOL
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
which one is FWD NA? I thought i saw RS FWD in the rally, but i guess i got fooled by the stickers LOL
There are FWD subarus out there, but IIRC, they stopped selling FWD cars somewhere in the late 90s and went to AWD only. So, either you did see an RS that'd been converted to 2wd by bolting an older FWD gearbox to it, or it was a riced out "L" model from the mid 90s. Damn subaru posers.

Dave
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

I think Erika /Broken Motorsport has an RS FWD version. But as i know Billy probably a gearbox swap
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:53 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Hey guys, can we get this thread back on topic instead of talking about specific rally needs? ty
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Hey guys, can we get this thread back on topic instead of talking about specific rally needs? ty
yeah , specially when i got the info even that car i posted is not an RS ... LOL
I dont know **** about Subarus ... and im proud of it.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Sorry Migs and thanks for the tips guys. Ill start my own thread "Budget Rally Car" Then you guys can give me more tips there.

So Foust is rally only? No one on here is upset he's not doing drift. I like to drift, but its pointless(besides the fun factor), unless its faster...like in rally.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by casper980
So Foust is rally only?
AFAIK Tanner isn't leaving for rally. The Rally America season has already started, and Foust & Fords were nowhere to be seen. I suspect the TV show and Global RallyCross are what are causing him to pull out of FD.

For those not quite in the know, Global RallyCross is the name of the new series that's being modeled after European RallyCross and X-games mega jumps. For those that saw the side-by-side action in the second X-games rally format this summer, that's what it is.

Shameless plug - for those wanting to see an EVO undergo a mad dash prep to compete in that series, check out my thread here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...1-edition.html

Dave