Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

TopSpeed Motorsports - GT-R Build for 2011 OneLap of America **Pics&Videos

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 06:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daytona LIVE right now

LIVE TSM FEED

~Cicio
Old May 3, 2011, 08:09 AM
Former Sponsor

TopSpeed Motorsports GTR takes P1 in morning session at Daytona running a conservative pumpgas map of 18psi we turned a 1:55.9 lap time.

Forged/Catesby GTR suffered another mechanical issue on the last lap of the first session. But I don't think it will hurt them as bad as last time.

Stay tuned... were still streaming live and will be for the entire day today.

Just to put it in perspective, Grand-AM race pace is 1:52-53s...

Second session will be live around 12:30...stay tuned guys...and thanks for the support

DAYTONA LIVE FEED ALL DAY!!!

~Cicio

Last edited by TopSpeed; May 3, 2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old May 4, 2011, 06:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Well today is another day...The team is at Circuit Grand Bayou Road Course in New Orleans, LA today getting ready for more racing. Yesterday was the longest day of the event....Daytona International until mid day, then to Gainesville Dragway into the evening and then a 500+ mile drive to New Orleans!!

The last I heard it was 4am and they still weren't to the hotel yet.

Yesterday was very successful...we won both events at Daytona and then set a new OneLap record at the drag strip. Right now we are sitting in first place overall with the Porsche PDK in second, and the GT-R of Catesby Jones in 3rd.

Below is a quote from Leh posted lastnight and a few pictures from Daytona.

Don't forget we will be live later this morning @ topspeedtuned/onelap

~Cicio

*Quoted from Leh:

Hey guys this is Leh... We JUST hit the road and have a 8 hour drive ahead of us.... its going to be a loooooooooooong night.... we have some 5 hour energy's waiting for us in the glovebox for later...

We won both road race events at Daytona then went to the drags and won that too!!!.. there is also a bracket race thing but we opted to just break out on our 2nd run... so we could hit the road... some people are still there racing!.. they will have a later night then us....

At Daytona we tested a drag strip map during some parade laps.... which was a pretty good bit higher boost then what we have been running on the road courses so far.. We ran that map for the drag strip and it started to break up... Onelap is tough because you only get one shot at the events... the leaded fuel we have been running is getting to the plugs.... So we may change them soon...... i lifted out of it and ran a 10.6 at 124.... the car was def on its way to a low 10 pass..!... We ran the road course map we have been running the entire event for the bracket race and did a 10.8 at 132 with a 1.8 60'.... Pretty strong road course map!! ha!.. car is very impressive.... After onelap we will take it to the strip with some fresh plugs and run a good # for you guys.. im pretty interested...

i will try to get some pics up from daytona.. we also have incar video from daytona in HD..

Oh yea.. and a 10.6 is a new Onelap Record..!

Grid @ CMP

Guy & Dog LOL

Leh & Brock Yates Jr.

Front Straigh @ Daytona

Last edited by TopSpeed; May 4, 2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old May 4, 2011, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for posting a pic of us! This is David from the red and black Evo. Your GTR looks amazing out there!

Last edited by Bruzewski; May 4, 2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old May 4, 2011, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Quoted from Doug:

We have made GRAND-AMs web page..

Grand-Am DOT COM

Car is running perfectly and were headed to Barber for out next event. Leh is currently driving now... for those that don't know we are holding another competition. Details can be found on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/TopSpeedMotorsports

We will be giving away another limited edition OLOA KillFire sticker, and announcing the winner on our live web cam.

Thanks again for everyones involvement its been awesome, the amount of viewers and web hits massive.

Doug

In case you guys wanted to watch the direct video of the driver interview, here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGWB6u1wMHU
Old May 4, 2011, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TopSpeed
[B]Grid @ Daytona

Hey Doug, I think that is CMP, not Daytona. I know because I am in the Evo in grid spot #3 behind Catesby in this picture.

Let me put this out there, if anyone ever has a chance to watch Leh run a car anywhere, go. Do not pass go, do not collect 300 dollars. Simply go. And be amazed. Watching him hustle through CMP and then see the speed he's running at Daytona will make you just stand there in awe. Take it from someone who has watched him launch the GTR on track for the last 2 days while sitting there, 2 cars behind him.

Last edited by Tevenor; May 4, 2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old May 4, 2011, 05:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Woops...thanks for the correction!
Old May 5, 2011, 07:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Both the Daytona race & BMW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txyj2kFNNV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szBNNvUvPrA

~Cicio
Old May 5, 2011, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Haha! i saw this car on 459 driving threw alabama yesterday. Almost broke my neck looking ha! =)
Old May 5, 2011, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
I remember Barber being in Leeds just outside Birmingham (I think), were you guys affected by the destruction? Does everything look alright?
Old May 9, 2011, 06:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mega-z
Haha! i saw this car on 459 driving threw alabama yesterday. Almost broke my neck looking ha! =)
LOL awesome! Its bright thats for sure

Originally Posted by Balrok
I remember Barber being in Leeds just outside Birmingham (I think), were you guys affected by the destruction? Does everything look alright?
They did not get affected...it was just north of them.
Old May 9, 2011, 06:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Release:

Doug Wilks & Leh Keen clenched the OneLap title this weekend in South Bend. Team TopSpeed dominated the event once again, sweeping all of the OLOA Road Courses! Being 500 points in the lead by the dry skid pad event the guys decided to have a little fun. Below is a video of Leh doing RWD drifts in the R35 GT-R after Doug removed the front drive shaft.

I wanna say a big thanks to all of our sponsors:

AMS
Stillen
Cobb Tuning
Volk
Endless

I will be posting more videos and pictures as I edit them throughout the week.

~Cicio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_fGO_Z5K-Y
Old May 9, 2011, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

^^ That last vid was sweet! What tire did you guys run? I know it was a 300tw...

Of course the Daytona vid was pretty awesome too.
Old May 9, 2011, 06:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by boomn29
^^ That last vid was sweet! What tire did you guys run? I know it was a 300tw...

Of course the Daytona vid was pretty awesome too.
The new Michelin PSS

Its AWESOME!!
Old May 10, 2011, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TopSpeed
The new Michelin PSS

Its AWESOME!!
Those tires seemed quite good, just goes to show the treadware rating is very subjective and manufacturer based. When they support a 1.09 G skidpad number they are likely somewhere between a 140 and 200 treadware rating equivalent on other brand tires! How well did they hold up for the entire event before Leh did the smokey burnouts with them on the skid pad? Did they still have 50% tread depth left?