Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

TopSpeed Motorsports - GT-R Build for 2011 OneLap of America **Pics&Videos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 04:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TopSpeed Motorsports - GT-R Build for 2011 OneLap of America **Pics&Videos

As many of you may know, one of our favorite events every year here at TopSpeed is Brock Yates' OneLap of America race. This race is one of the more unique events in motorsports that we have ever been involved in. The rules are simple, yet brutal. The race demands the utmost respect, requiring the most out of every car and its drivers. It extracts potential, while shining light on all your weaknesses! It does not slow down for you, nor does it give second chances.

As a company we feel it's the ultimate test of quality, longevity, craftsmanship, design, and innovation. We must build a car that not only has the potential to be one of the fastest street driven cars in the country, but also will withstand a four to five thousand mile road trip, with a scheduled twice a day beating thrown in there. The power must be enough to beat the clock and set the fast time, but not so much that you sacrifice reliability. Suspension tuning must be done with the utmost attention to tire life without giving up performance. A well-rounded, reliable car is a must! A car that will go around a road course, through an auto-x, or down a drag strip faster than most race cars, yet then throw your suit case back in the trunk, turn on the AC and some beats, and start an eight hour drive to the next event.

There are no trailer queens at this event. There are no supporting semi trailers, pit crews, extra parts, or even spare tire setups. There is only you, your co-driver and the car you drove in with. You run what you brung and if you fail, break, crash or use up your tires…you lose! There is nothing quite like it!

In 2010 we took home the OneLap of America Championship in our Porsche GT2 with Doug Wilks co-driving for Leh Keen. It wasn't without struggle, but we emerged with a 15 event road course sweep! While the victory was sweet Doug and I quickly started thinking about defending our title in 2011.

For 2011 we have once again teamed up with Leh Keen to start our TopSpeed OneLap project car. The weapon of choice….a 2010 Nissan R35 GT-R!!! It's no secret that the GT-R is a very well rounded machine. The car does everything well, which is precisely what OneLap demands.

I wanted to fill you guys in on this project since we have been working on it for the last few months.

The race starts next weekend, and I will be posting links to our live webcam feed and race updates page! I hope you guys follow along.

Here are some progress pictures of the car, along with the test videos that I am sure you guys will enjoy. If you want more information on the race and or the build then follow these links.

~Cicio
TopSpeed Motorsports

BLOG LINK

GT-R BUILD THREAD

Old Apr 28, 2011, 04:27 PM
Former Sponsor

FIRST TEST @ VIR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EC28njJD5M

SECOND TEST @ ROAD ATLANTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXpCXlhVtbY

THIRD TEST @ ROEBLING ROAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNByrnEkDho
Old Apr 28, 2011, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
very clean.... what do you feed it,steroids? LOL
Old Apr 28, 2011, 04:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Doug and Leh are off to South Bend Indian for sticker day tomorrow.

I wanted to share a little update because I haven't had time to get on here for a few days...

I will be launching a pretty fun interactive live feed page tomorrow during the sticker session that I think you guys will enjoy. We are all pretty excited about it.

All the little details I will save for tomorrow...

Below are some pictures of the graphics scheme as it sits. Of course there are lots more stickers to go on the car, for all of you familiar with OneLap you know all about that.

I look forward to bringing you guys not only live updates, but also lots of good video and media along the trip. One of the best things about OneLap is following it for the entire week...if anyone is in the area for any of the events please come out and say hello to the team.

Again thanks so much for all the support and kind words...this build has been tons of fun, and will continue to be developed

OneLap here we come.... Go Team TopSpeed!!

~Cicio

Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, flaming majordomo is absolute ****ing win.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks badass! It was fun watching you guys testing @ Road Atlanta back in March.

Good Luck!
Old Apr 28, 2011, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Sick, you guy's are looking good.
Old May 2, 2011, 08:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Well I'm sorry for the delay in status updates, I have been doing track support for a couple other customers this weekend and didn't have any internet access. Now I am actually at CMP with the team right now getting to watch the car run.

Since the wet skid we have taken first place in every event so far. At Summit Point the TIC Subaru was very close to us during the first session. If I remember correctly I think only 2 tenths of a second slower.

However other than that one event, the Forged performance GT-R driven by Catesby Jones has been pulling up second most of the sessions. He hasn't gotten any closer than 5 seconds behind us as of yet, but they are working on the car to try to dial it in.

After CMP we drive to the BMW test track for one session then the team packs up for the LONG drive to Daytona International Speedway.

I will be doing a better job of keeping you updated from hear on out. I also have some HD in car video that I will get up later tonight.

Here are some pictures from the last two events.

~Cicio

Old May 2, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

So you guys just threw on some pads/rotors, aero parts, coilovers and wheels/tires onto a GT-R and are whooping *** against fully prepped track cars?
Old May 2, 2011, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

They put the AMS alpha 9 kit on it also, and added Leh
Old May 2, 2011, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
That Leh mod is worth 30 seconds on it's own
Old May 2, 2011, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
nice car !!
Old May 2, 2011, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car looks great and is definitely moving around the track...nice job guys!!
Old May 2, 2011, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
That Leh mod is worth 30 seconds on it's own
true that
Old May 2, 2011, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How was CMP today after all the carnage from NASA-SE yesterday?

Quick Reply: TopSpeed Motorsports - GT-R Build for 2011 OneLap of America **Pics&Videos