Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

NASA Super Touring 2, BIR results.....

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2011, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NASA Super Touring 2, BIR results.....

Hey guys, kindof short on time si I copied this fro my site. Feel free to check it out at TeamWINracing.com for more car info and other pics!

This past weekend marked the third event in the 2011 NASA Midwest region race season. It was held at the Brainerd International Raceway in Brainerd MN. Coming off two previous rain races this season everyone was hoping for a nice dry race at this high speed track..... No such luck as mother nature had other plans. The weekend rained solid from Friday till Saturday, but that didn't stop TeamWIN racing from coming out for a good weekend of racing. What did stop us, and by that I mean myself in the TeamWIN racing evo was 4th gear... Or should I say the lack there of.

Saturday....

Saturday was also the first event of the season for the TeamWIN racing E46 M3 driven by Chris Beary. It was a close battle between The TeamWIN M3 and a local racer in his Subaru STI. When the day was over, it was the STI who won by tenths of a second. Chris was out racing in the rain on a set of street tires and was consistently faster through out the day. As the afternoon came, so did the sun as the track began to dry briefly. This was just enough for the STI to come out and best Chris as the STI had been driving on a DOT slicks.....

For the TeamWIN Evo the day was not so good. This was the second rain race where I had no rain tires on hand. Just a week before we battled out in the rain on slicks, it was a handful and rain tires were ordered immediately. Unfortunately 1 week was not enough time to get them and this was basically a repeat of last weeks race. Actually though the car was extremely fast in the older section of the track and found myself keeping up with the rest of the field. As we transitioned into the new portion I came to a crawl as it was just too wet and the car began to hydro plane immediately. And if that was not enough, in the closing laps of the race my 4th gear was gone. I was coming out of the new section and on to the the older high speed bank. I rolled on the gas and at around 4k rpm it shot up to 8k rpm quickly. I then pulled off track and realized I had every gear but 4th.

That ended my weekend quickly and I was back on the road home that night. Now the good thing is NASA drops your 2 worst finishes in 2 weekends, so I am still in contention for the regional championship. I can not wait to get the car running properly and back on the track in the next couple weeks. A big thanks goes out to all of my sponsors and their continued efforts to help me race and the continued chances to show how each and everyone of their products is making my car what it is today!

Sunday....

The 2nd and last day of the BIR event was a solo showing for TeamWIN racing in the TeamWIN M3. Rain was on the way, so Chris took advantage of the dry morning session and laid down the fatest lap for TT-B. Shortly after the rain came and had looked as if there was no end in sight. The TwamWIN M3was loaded on the trailer and homeward bound. Unfortunately the STI found a dry session and was able to lay the fastest time for their class, and Chris took the TeamWIN M3 to a back to back 2nd place finishing weekend.

Next event on the books is the Gingerman event June 4th and 5th. I myself will not be making this race as I repair the car for the coming race sby redoing the current brake set up and new wheels. Thanks again for checking in and continue to follow the 2 car TeamWIN racing team as we round the half way mark for the 2011 season!

Old May 25, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Nice effort regardless. Always fun to learn the new "drift" line in the rain
Old May 25, 2011, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car is lookin good Ryan!
Old May 25, 2011, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Kept it off the tire walls! Good job! Did you order the new H2O Hoosiers? Looking forward to meeting you guys in August at Mid Ohio...
Old May 26, 2011, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ryan - I'll hopefully see ya again at Autobahn in July.

Both of us sporting new gears...lol...
Old May 26, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds like this is the perfect time to upgrade your gearing. Btw, what region was this event noted as? And how many ST2 cars were racing? For me its easy out here, its all Socal events. And if anyone wants to travel, we have Norcal. You east coast guys have so many regions i never know what region you guys are running in.
Old May 26, 2011, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
4th gear, MR six speed, right? The Evo drivetrain, as bulletproof as the 4G is Mitsu had to give us something to fret with. Good luck and get back at it.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDavenport
4th gear, MR six speed, right? The Evo drivetrain, as bulletproof as the 4G is Mitsu had to give us something to fret with. Good luck and get back at it.
No its a 5 speed swap!